Trailer Trash

Fried Day (Read 13 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I ran a simple 3.1 this morning.  My legs still feel fried from my LR Sunday.  I felt good during the run and even the rest of the day but this week has not felt great.  Blah blah blah...

QOTD1: Do you like fried foods? Stay away from them?

QOTD2: Weekend plans?

I don't stay away from fried foods but I do not necessarily gravitate towards them either.

Going camping this weekend with boys!

Have a great one!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

LB2

I ran 5 this morning, pretty fast.

QOTD 1: I like them, but I don't eat them too much.

QOTD 2: Some shorter runs than my normal weekend runs of late with a couple of 10's planned. My oldest daughter is coming over on Sunday. She flew in from Denver last night. We'll be transporting my two younger daughters back and forth to multiple birthday parties tonight and tomorrow. It is ridiculous all these parties, night parties, day parties, sleep overs, etc.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength train yesterday evening- trying a new program- Wendler, pretty solid program- concentrates on the big multi-joint lifts squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press- then toucan add in appropriate auxiliary stuff- core, pull-ups, dips, etc  it's a slow progression, with a easy (deload) on week 4 before you bump it up a notch

plan on getting out for 3-4 mile with Tiny E after work, supposed to be snowing by then

qotd: not too much- fries with a burger for sure, but doesn't make up much of my diet

qotd2: going to see DD, DSIL and grandkids this weekend, hoping to get a run in Sunday morning

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

No run yesterday, but hope to get out this afternoon, if only for a mile or two. I broke down and took some cold medicine this morning, which is seeming to help. I get personally offended with myself for getting sick. How did I let this happen!?!

Q1. I guess donuts count as fried foods, don't they? I try to limit my consumption of fried foods to hamburger companions and donuts, which are not often. But donuts are my deserted island food. If that happens, I will eat them everyday.

Q2: XC invitational in the morning, then we head to the beach for our annual brewery race on Sunday morning. It's going to be warm.

AT-runner

Tim

Asphalt run along the river again. DW and I are heading out to the Japanese gardens and then some walking around the shops in Portland.

Pretty much vegged all day yesterday and read a whole book. Nice to relax after the long driving days.

Jamie - where are you camping?

DC - Rehoboth?

QOTD: Fish and chips and the occasional wing night. Donuts are reserved for after long runs, and then it's usually an apple fritter.

QOTD 2: more Oregon sightseeing with DD#1 and fly back on Sunday morning.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

after seeing AT's answer- I will add chicken wings to just about any time we do pizza and probably one or two Friday's a month fish and chips- I don't do donuts though 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice 7 this morning with two friends and the mutts.  It was 47 degrees and I felt that was a bit chilly and thought of all you weirdoes who picked low temps as favorite weather; AT, Warden, LB (like he ever experienced 25 degrees! in Louisiana) Sandy, and Muppy!  I did have capris on, two shirts, and my little gloves.

QOTD:  Use to love them buy rarely ever eat them, or except for French fries which I do have a couple of times a month.  ...oh wings are considered fried...ok I do them a few times a month...had them last night...sooo good.

QOTD2:  Chores Saturday and longish run in Desolation Wilderness up in Lake Tahoe on Sunday.

DD:  Looks like a nice hike and good animal sighting!!  Fun, fun fun...definitely want at least one IPA after that day!

LB:  What makes these parties even more ridiculous is the way they go all out for the kids.  Use to be a cake and a donkey on the wall missing a tail.   Now it a theme park!!!  Well at least from what I see on FB since I don't have kids.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB:  What makes these parties even more ridiculous is the way they go all out for the kids.  Use to be a cake and a donkey on the wall missing a tail.   Now it a theme park!!!  Well at least from what I see on FB since I don't have kids.

That is true, Sue. We try to take a trip with the kids around birthdays and have little things at the house with cake and ice cream with family and a few friends. We had a few bigger parties, but it can get pretty expensive. They have never said, "Dad, remember when we had my party at..." They always say, "Dad, remember when we went to the Ozarks for my birthday..."

LB2

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 mi after work today. Supposed to be hot so I'll just take it slow.

q1: Not often, mostly the fries that come with a burger.

q2: I'll do 20 early tomorrow and then chill.  Our DD just got back from Japan so she's coming over for dinner to catch up.

tbd.

AT-runner

Tim

That is true, Sue. We try to take a trip with the kids around birthdays and have little things at the house with cake and ice cream with family and a few friends. We had a few bigger parties, but it can get pretty expensive. They have never said, "Dad, remember when we had my party at..." They always say, "Dad, remember when we went to the Ozarks for my birthday..."

We like birthday trips, too.

Sometimes our trips coincide with a birthday. DD#2 celebrated her 10th birthday in a pub in Killarney Ireland. That's the only one she ever talks about. The when place sang Happy Birthday, like they really meant it.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!