Trailer Trash

Monday Miles (Read 18 times)

LB2

Just a fast 3 this morning. I am sort of starting a taper eighteen days out. I will get 40 to 45 miles this week and 35 to 40 next week.

QOTD: What is something that annoys you during a race, other than running?

I sometimes hate when someone passes me and says, "Nice work" or "Good job". Good job for who? You? It does not always bother me, just depends on where my head is at the time.

LB2

XtremeTaper

I ran 3 yesterday, well should I say trail jogged 3, then went on a little kayak trip up the old Schuylkill River canal and then down the river. Was hoping for some fall color but still mostly green and brown. No run today. Just some walking and need to do some stuff in the yard.

QOTD: Mostly I get annoyed about groups of runners chatting up about all their upcoming races early on in a race. How about focusing on this particular race instead? Oh, and anyone that calls me Sir. LOL. That's about the whole world now it seems.

LB2 - How about "way to go"? Enjoy your taper.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

Did nothing running related yesterday.  DD#2 played at a festival and we had some friends come along. Lots of wine, beer and food, and some good music. Didn't even watch any pro football, and i really don't miss it.

LB - did you see my weekend post about the guy we saw on the trail who's running Pinhoti?

XT - is surgeon "happy" with progress?

QOTD:  2 things drive me nuts.

1) Gossipy chit chat. - Ran behind 2 women at the start in a race and they were talking about how bitchy another women was. They kept using her name, so I said "I know who you're talking about (I didn't)  and she's very nice". The women shut up.

2) Music that I can hear. 2 different marathons I had people using external speakers to play "their" music loudly. If you want music, use ear buds. Don't make me hear you crappy hip hop.

Actually thought of another - pacing beeps.  This was a road race and this guy had his watch set to give him cadence. Drove me nuts, so I ended up running faster for a bit just to get away from him. Late int he race I could hear him coming up on me and I was determined not to let him ahead of me (and prove his damn cadence worked).

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

LB - did you see my weekend post about the guy we saw on the trail who's running Pinhoti?

Yes. I saw that, but I was on my iPad, which is a pain to type on. That race is getting more popular each year. This may be my last run of it, but then again, I may go back. I sort of want to look at a different one next year that doesn't have me suffering through the summer. But I like point to point or out and backs. Most of the 100's down here are loops.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Yes. I saw that, but I was on my iPad, which is a pain to type on. That race is getting more popular each year. This may be my last run of it, but then again, I may go back. I sort of want to look at a different one next year that doesn't have me suffering through the summer. But I like point to point or out and backs. Most of the 100's down here are loops.

He said the out and back was what attracted him since he will be without a crew..  Told him about Sandy's race where they start with a loop before the out and back, and he really liked that idea.

Do you have a pacer or a crew?

muppy

5.3 miles around town.

QOTD 1.  People who wear their race medals all over.  We had a half marathon and everybody at my hotel was wearing race medals after they got a shower  and changed clothes and they were still wearing the damn thing.

2. I was right behind a lady in a race one time who moaned every time she took a breath. It was almost an orgasm type moan, which was exciting for a bit, then it got rather annoying!

3 I  agree with Tim, if you’re going to have music where the  headphones,  I don’t want to listen your crappy music.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

went to my gym yesterday afternoon only to find it closed for remodeling- went home and banged out 200 push-ups, 200 sit-ups, 200 air squats and a 100 pull-ups- that seemed to work 

hoping to get 4-ish after work

qotd: aid stations that aren't properly stocked- I've done a couple of races where I lost my small baggies of electrolytes (my fault) only to find the aid stations didn't have any; also a few races where food choices were near nil- gels don't constitute food! 

iif someone had the audacity to play music on speakers, I'm afraid I would crush said speakers

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

He said the out and back was what attracted him since he will be without a crew..  Told him about Sandy's race where they start with a loop before the out and back, and he really liked that idea.

Do you have a pacer or a crew?

I don't have a crew or pacer. Pinhoti is a point to point course.

LB2

LB2

One of the times I paced Kelly (aka Lace Up) at Cajun Coyote someone had external speakers. I wasn't really tired or in a bad place; I was just moving along with Kelly. But that ticked me off.

LB2

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Looking forward to daylight savings as I cannot wake up in the am!! Plus for the last 5 days I have had pretty intense insomnia.  Awake from 1:30 to 4 or 5!  So I made a running date for tomorrow as that will force me up.

QOTD:  People with ears bugs that don't let you pass because they have no idea you are running behind them.  And those folks without ear buds who are cranking their jams on their arms...and it's music you don't like and the person is going your speed.

Had a nice run (power hike) yesterday in the mountains.  I had my camera all charged up and ready to go; then first picture no charge!  So I stole these from Monica.

Last years snow...or maybe the year before??

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, outdoor and nature

Dick's Pass...9,400 feet.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, outdoor and nature

In case you didn't believe me...

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing, sky, tree, child, outdoor and nature

Dick's Lake

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Aloha Lake.  This picture does not do it justice.   It is so trippy and moonish..it is a shallow lake filled with with many little islands.  Also although no fires near the basin was filled with smoke??

Image may contain: sky, outdoor, nature and water

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

If I ever meet you I will definitely refer to you as kid all the time.  Hey kid...nice job! 

Oh, and anyone that calls me Sir. LOL

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

great shots Sue!  looks like my kind of country 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yet.  Something short tonight.  Legs have not been feeling good lately.  I need to get on it though.

Queen - gorgeous pics.  So jealous!

QOTD:

1.) The chit chat  that goes on and on and on...

2.) I don't like when people have ear BUGS either Queen  but might be more of an annoyance for them!

3.) "You're almost to the finish!" or "Only 2 more miles" when it's an AS worker that really has no clue.

4.) Runners who complain about the course.  If you sign up for a race, study the maps and course description.

5.) Runners who complain about the AS food.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Daydreamer1

Been running my butt off all day long, darn it .  I come to work to get a nap, not to actually work .

No run today.

QOTD:  Runners jogging along on single track that won't let others pass.

AT-runner

Tim

4.) Runners who complain about the course.  If you sign up for a race, study the maps and course description.

JFK, every year, people complain about the AT section being "way too rocky". Its' the damn AT, it's supposed to be rocky, and it's in the course description and hasn't changed sine 1963.