Trailer Trash

ThirstDay (Read 19 times)

LB2

Got out the door for about 4.5 this morning on the trails with the headlamp.

QOTD: Do you ever get insomnia or have trouble sleeping?

Sometimes I do. This morning I awoke after having a strange dream. My wife and I were in a convertible, and she was driving. Both those things are weird on their own, but we went over this hill, which was like one of those rises on a roller coaster where you crane your neck to see if you can see over the crest. You never can. Suddenly, we crest the hill and drop off to the other side, and I was completely lifted out of the car but caught by my seat belt. However, the seat belt did not catch me until I was sort of hovering about 5 feet above the car, and my wife had grabbed my foot. I drifted back to sleep, but I need to run to the store after work and want to get my run done this morning.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Getting ready to head out on the AT for a long run. Plan is to do 16 so hope it's not too muddy out there. See ortho later for shoulder. Won't be any decision until I get an MRI, which we'll schedule today.

LB - remind me not to go driving with your wife.

QOTD:  I won't post any dreams because soon to be Dr. Jamie might try to interpret them and I don't want him to think I'm weird (maybe too late).  I get insomnia at times. Usually coincidences with high stress times related to work or family.  When DD#2 had some major issues last year, DW and I should have just slept in the Family room, as each night one or both of us was up reading i the middle of the night. Kindle readers come in handy for insomnia.  Funny thing, is I can always sleep well before a race whereas I have friends who say they can't sleep at all before a big race.

Saw this yesterday and reminded me of Tuesday's QOTD

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

4 last night at the gym.  I would have run outside but it was raining hard and many puddles.  I didn't feel like dodging them.

Me?Interpret dreams? never 

QOTD: I am not a good sleeper.  I had one long period with true insomnia back in college otherwise I just am a very light sleeper.  It has come in handy over the years with kids falling out of bed, sleep walking, etc. and DW often doesn't hear any of it.  But there have been many nights where I just had too many things on my mind and it took me a long time to get to sleep.

Queen - I didn't realize the rain was causing such a problem there.  Hopefully it subsides soon.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

9 this morning, 6 at a quick pace (supposed to do marathon pace per training plan, but felt chipper and ran a bit faster).  A balmy 50 degrees in CT, a big change from a couple of days ago.

QOTD:  I fall asleep within 5 minutes of putting my head on the pillow and I sleep like a rock (well, like a rock that snores and kicks his rock wife).

Daydreamer1

Had a nice, albeit slow, run last night in the dark. The air temp was 41 and it was raining. Some of the road surface was just wet, some had a slippy granular crap on it from the ice and other areas were icing over like freezing rain. Had quite a bit of traffic and the roads were slippy enough that I often had to just step off the side and stop running until they would pass.

Looking at another 5-6 miles today. If it looks like the clouds are going ot clear I'll wait until tonight and run in the moon. If not I'll run in the day and take advantage of some good weather. Temps here are supposed to be in the mid 50s.

NHLA - Nice picture from yesterday. The nice thing about living down there is that when you get snow it doesn't stay around forever.

QOTD:  It's been really bad the past 7 months. I'm not really sure if it's true insomnia as much as it's just the fact that I work night shift and my body can't always adjust.  I know it's far worse when I'm working 12 hour overnights rather than the 24 hours. The 24s give you more time off and more nights at home so you are more used to sleeping in your own bed.

Dreams - I've just had a series of them. Too complicated to explain but it has to do with a guy going to jail for murder mostly on circumstantial evidence and because the prosecutor said he was guilty. Mostly it was unexplained about how he did it, just the prosecutor saying it had to be him.  Now I'm on the jury for another case and evidence shows that the evidence used to convict the first guy was mostly bull crap. 

muppy

9 miles on the ice covered rail trail and a quick trip to the gym for weights.

QOTD I  have no trouble falling asleep.The problem is I wake up an hour or two early everyday, even if I only get 4-5 hours sleep. The wife says I talk in my sleep about dreams a lot.

NHLA

7 miles this morn.

qotd  I sleep like a baby. Wake up crying every three hrs.

I only sleep about 5 hrs a night but I love an after run nap.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

only -9 this morning    5 miles on the treadmill yesterday evening, more treadmill this evening 

we have one of those little Nordic Track all in one weight machines at work- I put it on an obscenely low weight and did three sets of chest presses and three sets of lat pull downs to the front- trying to get my right shoulder back in shape- it's a slow healer

qotd: I generally sleep like the dead (much to the chagrin of my DW )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Dragged the arse out of bed and ran a little over 5.  Some of my trails have become small streams.  Funny how I avoid stepping in puddles for the first couple of miles and then realize duck it!.  I did take Jack out for a pee around 4 and it was very bright out.  I was thinking I could actually run now in the woods.  But I went back to bed instead.

QOTD:  All the time and a lot lately!  Went to bed at 9 last night because I was tired of being tired.   and I slept like a rock.  You think it has something to do with the DH being gone.  He wants the hall light on ..I like it pitch black...so it was pitch black last night.

NHLA:   good one!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

runtraildc

Yoga and rowing at lunch today. It's warm and quite spectacular out so I may fit in a run. But I seem to be on a reverse streak right now, so odd's are not in favor of it. This cross training and yoga has me slightly, but constantly, sore in new areas.  But I was able to sit cross legged at the end of class more comfortably than ever, so small improvements.

AT-Hope there is good news with the doc and MRI.

qotd: Usually sleep quite well, then have occasional streaks of waking during the night and unable to fall back asleep, which I've been having trouble with lately. DH has been snoring a lot, so that's been an issue. I have always had a problem with heavy breathing and snoring, back to when I was a kid sharing a room with my sister.  DH is leaving for a work trip so I'll catch up on my sleep.

Sandy-2

I had a business dinner last night so I knew I wasn't getting up this morning. I'll do 3 or 4 after work today, in the heat.

qotd: no I usually sleep like a rock.  Same as mt, much to the chagrin of my DW, she says I could probably sleep standing up. I usually remember that I had dreams, but most times can never quite remember what they were about.

tbd.

LB2

My interpretation of my fitful night of sleep is the stress at the beginning of each semester. That stress is good and bad. It is a short turnaround and a lot to do, but it is a time that I am very focused on one task. I finished with the bulk of it by 1:30 this afternoon. But I have another big wave of crap coming next week. But it not as confusing as some of the stuff I did this week.

LB2