Trailer Trash

back to the grind Mondaily (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

weekends go by too fast  

got 12 miles in on Saturday, 5 in Sunday w/ a bunch of elevation and a 25# pack (getting primed for the Bob Marshall Open)

was going to run this evening, but weather looks like crap- winter is back for a few days, so I'll strength train instead

congrats to Queen and Gatsby on their 50k finish!

qotd: what's everyone's next race (if there is a next race )- mine is the Don't Fence Me In right here in Helena

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Feeling about 70% better today.  This flu sucks!  DW just texted me and said they have a quarantine at her work (senior living) because of the flu. No visitors allowed on certain floors.

Warden - why do you always look so unhappy in youryour selfies?  

In case you missed the big news last night.

QOTD:  Sole Challenge 48hr at the end of May is my next race I'm signed up for, but may run the Ironsmasters 50k this year instead of working it. I usually help mark the course the day before and then do on-course support by running sections in reverse. The RD has more help each year, so I'm thinking about running vs helping.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Slo mo Monday for me. Illness has been moving thru my household and I'm the last hold out (person not sick). I feel as if I'm fighting it off today, so it's a rest day. I skipped yoga yesterday for the first time in over a month, so I'll do that instead.

qotd: I have my usual 10 miler planned at the end of April. I will be running a couple of low key races between now and then, but no firm commitments.

Thinking Warden is smiling as much as one can with a frozen face?

Bet Steve Harvey is feeling a bit better about life today given the debacle at the Oscars last night.  I rarely watch movies so hard to care one way or the other.

QOTD: next race is Marin Ultra Challenge 50k on March 11th.  Training for Lake Sonoma 50.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Howdy!  Just stopping by to say hi.  My vacation countdown is officially started -- 5 more days!

Nice job Queen and Gatsby on your 50K!

And yes, Warden, you need to smile more. 

QOTD: No races, but I'm heading down and up The Big Ditch in a week!  No training and this has been my most sedentary winter in years.  What could possibly go wrong? 

Running is dumb.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Howdy!  Just stopping by to say hi.  My vacation countdown is officially started -- 5 more days!

Already? Seems like you were just back from one. Where to this time? Somewhere warm I hope. Big Ditch? From a trail runner I assume that's the Grand Canyon and not the Panama Canal.

Playing it by ear today.

qotd: Next scheduled race is the 10K at the Illinois Marathon Weekend on April 22, but I'm thinking about trying to squeeze in a local race or two before that.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

that's my game face 

Mandy- I take it you have a shuttle worked out?  It's a long, long way around. Take lots of pics, it was one of most memorable runs!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Already? Seems like you were just back from one. Where to this time? Somewhere warm I hope. Big Ditch? From a trail runner I assume that's the Grand Canyon and not the Panama Canal.

Ha!  Yes, Grand Canyon, although I wouldn't turn down Panama either.  And vacations are cheap when all you need to do is book plane tickets.  My parents are wintering in Arizona, giving us a free place to stay.

Mike -- we're going down and coming up the same side.  SK down to the river/Phantom Ranch then up BA.  Logistics were too complicated for trying to do rim to rim and I believe the North rim still has a ton of snow.  And I'm not stupid enough to do a R2R2R. 

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

ahhh- that will make logistics much easier    still no cake walk as you'll soon find out 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Ha!  Yes, Grand Canyon, although I wouldn't turn down Panama either.  And vacations are cheap when all you need to do is book plane tickets.  My parents are wintering in Arizona, giving us a free place to stay.

Mike -- we're going down and coming up the same side.  SK down to the river/Phantom Ranch then up BA.  Logistics were too complicated for trying to do rim to rim and I believe the North rim still has a ton of snow.  And I'm not stupid enough to do a R2R2R. 

Have fun.

The one thing you never usually read is that when you look at elevation at the bottom of SK and bottom of BA, it looks like you are on level ground for 2 miles, but you actually go up and down a lot as you hike along the river.  That section is very sandy, so go lightly and enjoy the river views.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Back home from our FL trip. Drove straight through on Saturday, 17 hours including stops for food, gas, and dog walks. Short run/hike yesterday with the Lady at French Creek. 6 miles. Not used to big hills and rocks and cold after 2 weeks of sunny warm mostly flat packed sand trails in the FL woods. So it was quite a shuffle, but I am still recovering from last weeks 12 hour run. At least I hope that's the explanation!

Today, plan is 5-7 miles at Green Lane after work. Milder here today.

QOTD: Just finished a race a week ago, but am signed up for Mohican 100 in June. Not sure what else between now and then. Hopefully some training.

Congrats Queen and Gatsby on your races!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I got up and ran four with the mutts.  It was suppose to snow but didn't.  I checked the weather yesterday thinking spring was coming and I wouldn't need to fill up the wood shed.  Nope looks like it's going to be cold through April   Little sore from my run and hauling wood.  Plus still fighting a cold so breathing is a little tough.

QOTD: Well Warden during a good chunk of my 50K I swore off races.  Although I am signed up for a 50Miler in Michigan in August.  There is also a local trail half in April put on by Hotshot Fireman so there will be lots of hot guys there and it's only a half.   Plus I may sign up for another 50K as a training run for the 50 miler.  After that I am done!

GatsbyBird:  Yea!! you joined in

Mandy:  I have 3 more days...foing to Puerto Vallarta to see my folks and sister.  Are you going to AZ to see your folks? oh just read...Grand Canyon...

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

I felt like i was getting issued a citation when i opened this thread.

8 this am

QOTd: well hummmm i signed up for a marathon in June but i'm starting to feel a DNS in favor of a 100 the following weekend in Yankee springs.  I swore off 100 mile ultra's but I guess i forgot how painful they were and need reminding.

What can i say i'm not the sharpest tool in the box.

Also signed up for a 50k in Marquette in August.

Daydreamer1

Not sure if I'll get in a run or not. If I do it will be a five miler.  Kind of tired. Din't get much sleep last night and had a meeting this morning at work. Also have to pack to get ready to head to TX tomorrow.

Mike -- we're going down and coming up the same side.  SK down to the river/Phantom Ranch then up BA.  Logistics were too complicated for trying to do rim to rim and I believe the North rim still has a ton of snow.

Have you thought about going out plateau point trail from Indian gardens?  I wanted to do that on my rim to ranch to rim but decided not to because it was taking me too long.

QOTD: Next race that I'm signed up for is the Montour 12 hour in July.  DW wants me to sign up for the Delaware Triple Crown again in April and I would like to. She wants to walk the 5k.

NorthernHarrier

Boy, I'm becoming kind of a regular here.   Despite my achilles acting up a tad, I did 10 road miles yesterday and was promptly scolded by DW. I know she's right too. Damn.  I'll do a little walk/joggy thing for 4 miles today on a blacktop bike trail.

Mandy--have fun. I'll be out there towards the latter part of April though while running some trails will not be doing any R2R type runs though I am thinking of dragging my son in law down and back on a hike. Is it more advisable in that scenario to go down BA and up SK or vice versa?

QOTD--I swore off races a year ago but while injured I signed up for another go at Beaverhead. Not exactly sure what possessed me.  I do have a season of epic runs planned which I am really geeked for.