Trailer Trash

Fridaily’s Expat Rambles (Read 35 times)

Sandy-2

I’ve been a little sporadic in posting these days.  Just busy at work and being 14 hours out-of-sync has it’s ‘issues’ I guess.  I’ve been maintaining my steady mix of running hilly single track in the hills and flat hike/bike trails along the rivers.  Did 5 speedy miles on the single track last night.  Yum.   I’ve got a longer session on the single track planned for Saturday morning.

Looks like the Seoul area has some foreign runners visiting, too bad they aren’t planning to come down and run on my Busan trails.     https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/salomonasiatour?source=feed_text&story_id=10155628395265346

Speaking of Busan, here’s a NY Times article on the local baseball team.  Sounds just like the game I went to last week.  Guys, don’t miss the link to Ms. Park’s video included near the end of the article, definitely a crowd pleaser.  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/03/world/asia/to-understand-korean-baseball-head-to-the-stands.html?emc=eta1&_r=0

QOTD: Do you attend any professional sports events? (baseball, football, golf, T&F, etc.)

For me I’d say mostly baseball and basketball.  Saw the Yankees play last summer, the Rockets last winter and then the Busan, Lotte Giants last week.  Mostly work-related entertaining.

Have a great weekend everyone.

tbd.

After a longish break from running due to moving and minor knee, foot, and back issues; Marley and I hit the trails for a couple mile run this morning.  It felt good to get out even for such a short run.

QOTD: Almost never, but I have been dragged along to the occasional baseball game and have attended a few pro bike races.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

dpc3

5 miles with the devil dog this morning.

QOTD: I enjoy taking the kids to minor league baseball games, and if I have the opportunity while visiting some where with teams I'll go to baseball, hockey, football, and soccer games but it's not something I actively seek out.

LB2

I'll get 3 to 5 after work. I start training for Pinhoti again on Monday. I was waiting to see if I got my bosses' job to make the decision. I didn't get it, and I am perfectly fine with it. I honestly didn't want it but felt compelled to apply since I was her assistant for so long. So, I will have more time to train the way I need to train. I am not like a lot of the people I work with at higher echelons in higher ed; I don't identify myself with my work; it is important. But I get my satisfaction from other areas: family, whiskey, trail running, hunting, etc. I am just joking about the whiskey; although, I do enjoy a fine bourbon and good beer.

QOTD: No. I have been to some major league games, but I haven't been to one in a long time.

LB2

Occasional Runner

6 speedy road miles, 6 more on the trail with the dogs, and a great gym workout. It looks like the rain is finally pulling out of Utah for a while. It's supposed to be between 80 and 90 this weekend. We're camping in the Wasatch, so it'll be perfect weather up high.

QOTD: There's a beautiful new minor league baseball park about a mile from our house that we keep saying we're going to go to, but never have.

Gator eye

6 easy with Sir Slobbers a lot. I swear he lives just to slim up my legs

QOTD: Going to a professional sporting event and a root canal are about even in my book. To many people and I find most people are idiots and have very bad manners.

Humm I guess I don't have very good people skills

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Will get out for a few miles tonight in the darkness...after all is done for the day...might be late.

QOTD: I used to go to MLB games growing up (Fenway in Boston) and then a game at Camden yards each year as I have lived in PA but not in the last 4 years and don't really care to anymore.  I can't stand the price gouging.  We do have a minor league baseball team real close...I keep saying I am going to take my boys...but have not...yet.  But I love watching sports on TV...just so easy to watch the amount you want and walk away when you want.

Have a great weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

Some more rest today.  Legs feel great, had cortisone shot in left foot for metatarsalgia of big toe.  No tendonitis or fracture, so I'm able to run "within reason".  Doc knows my distances so had no idea how far to tell me to run.

QOTD"  Big sports fan here.  Been to 4 Nationals games and 2 Orioles games this year so far.  Baseball is my passion.  Had season tickets to the Redskins for over 25 years but dropped them because the NFL game experience is no fun anymore.  Much better on TV.  People get trashed before the game and most have no idea what's going on and after witnessing several fights started by Eagles fans, I had had it.   Go to one or two Maryland football games and One West Virginia football game each year.  DD#2 takes me to the WVU game as a birthday present and she is a huge sports fan.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

QOTD"  Big sports fan here.  Been to 4 Nationals games and 2 Orioles games this year so far.  Baseball is my passion.  Had season tickets to the Redskins for over 25 years but dropped them because the NFL game experience is no fun anymore.  Much better on TV.  People get trashed before the game and most have no idea what's going on and after witnessing several fights started by Eagles fans, I had had it.   Go to one or two Maryland football games and One West Virginia football game each year.  DD#2 takes me to the WVU game as a birthday present and she is a huge sports fan.

My cousin was the offensive coordinator at WVU for a few years, Shannon Dawson. He just got a job at Kentucky.

LB2

runtraildc

Morning folks!  Did some more 'research' yesterday (close your ears, AT) and have narrowed my issues to the upper hamstring/ tendon.  I'm going to rest a bit, cross train and see how it goes.   It's not so bad, and has definitely improved, that I think I need to rush off the the real Dr and run thru a bunch of tests, including an MRI.

So today, I'm heading to the gym for strength training.

qotd:  Hmm, root canal vs. professional sporting event?  Hard decision and this is from the lady who just had a root canal.   I usually limit my sports watching to a once in a decade trip to see the Nationals and only if the weather is absolutely perfect and there is good, cold beer.

AT-runner

Tim

My cousin was the offensive coordinator at WVU for a few years, Shannon Dawson. He just got a job at Kentucky.

LB2 - Might be a big change to get Kentucky running a fast paced offense like he ran at WVU. Should be fun to watch.

Jamie - Harrisburg is great place to take kids for Minor League baseball.  Great stadium and really reasonable prices.  They have a lot of promotions where they give away free stuff.

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like the Seoul area has some foreign runners visiting, too bad they aren’t planning to come down and run on my Busan trails.     https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/salomonasiatour?source=feed_text&story_id=10155628395265346

Speaking of Busan, here’s a NY Times article on the local baseball team.  Sounds just like the game I went to last week.  Guys, don’t miss the link to Ms. Park’s video included near the end of the article, definitely a crowd pleaser.  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/03/world/asia/to-understand-korean-baseball-head-to-the-stands.html?emc=eta1&_r=0

They didn't ask you to come along for their fun run?

That girl has some really nice ... energy. 

muppy

4.1 road miles last night.

QOTD I was just down at the Phillies game last week. We go to the Harrisburg Senators ( minor league baseball team ) when we have time. My buddy has season tickets  and we usually go with him every couple of weeks.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the dogs did a 5K this morning on the mean streets of Grass Valley.

QOTD:  Well there is a bike race in town where professionals race it and yes I attend that.  I also go to Fast Friday where there is prize money.  Does that make them professional.  I have also watch western states a few times and that has professionals in it. 

Sandy:  Let me get this straight...your running "hilly" single track in the "Hills"    and so that's cheer leading huh?  Sure has changed since I was in school. I hope if you ever go to a game where she is dancing...I mean cheering you buy here a beer and hot dog.  She needs some meat on her bones! 

LB@:  Sorry about the job..guessing it would of been more money but then happy that you are cool with not getting it and will be training for Pinhoti.

runtraildc:  I have no interest in pro sports but if someone bought my ticket and beers I would go people watch.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

LB@:  Sorry about the job..guessing it would of been more money but then happy that you are cool with not getting it and will be training for Pinhoti.

I found out this morning that it wasn't much. Plus, the person has to do the current job plus that one for at least the next year, which is why I knew my other activities would be on the back burner. So, no big deal. I pay off a bill next month that will increase my disposable income more than the raise would have been. But then again, I could have gotten that bonus plus the raise and had a lot more. But it really is not a big deal. However, I appreciate your thoughts.

LB2