Trailer Trash

Wet Wednesdaily (Read 29 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning All!  Another glorious wet & cool day here; I'm going out on a limb and declaring the end of our fire season.  Got a nice hill repeat session in yesterday after work- 60 degrees and overcast   Will strength train after work today.

qotd: running sock of choice?  I've been using Darn Tough ankle high wool socks (lightweight ones) for several years- good socks and their warranty is top notch.  I've sent in a few pairs and got new ones back.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Good morning Warden.. no rain here. We are the midst of some lovely Indian Summer weather. Look up Joe Walsh's song by the same name for a nice perspective on the day. Cool nights, mornings, bright sunshine, and warm mild days. WTF am I working for today?

Ok, to the running thing. I ran a 5k last night (Warwick Park trail series) and I liked it. Ha. Very small field and at the 1/2 mile point I was in 4th place breathing hard like you are suppose to in a 5k but in rhythm. At the start of the big climb starting at the end of mile 1 some red shirted dude passed me. He reeled the previous 3rd place dude and I did as well during the climb putting me back in 4th. I chased the red shirted dude down the "roller coaster" trail and will close in and then he'd pull away but he was always there. Coming out of the woods into the meadow with a mile ago it seemed he was fading and I was gaining. Pulled ahead of him early in the meadow and then just tried to hang on and keep those 2 dudes behind me (without looking back) for the remainder of the race. Pulled it off by a dozen seconds and we all had handshakes at the end. Running hard and racing... good times.

Oh, the Lady went with me for warmup and cooldown miles and some nice Lady watched her while I raced. THe Lady was there at mile 2 all excited to see me pop out of the woods.

Run today. 6-7 miles, maybe over at French Creek. Yes, that's where I should go.

QOTD: Da Feet, Woolie Boolies. Pretty much any wool sock will do I suppose, but I like the thick ones for the trail.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

Hit the snooze too many times this morning.

qotd: DryMax or Swiftwick.

LB2

LB2

Xtreme: Sounds like a great race. Some of my favorite runs in regard to actually racing are on those shorter runs where you run hard from start to finish. They are fun; I just wish I could run with that intensity for 100 miles.

LB2

runtraildc

good morning folks!  Cool morning, but warming up quickly here.  I'm thinking about 4 miles is in order for me today.  When, I'm not sure.  Probably in the middle of the heat late this afternoon.

qotd:  smartwool only for this lady.  I've tried others, but keep coming back to wool.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 miles last night. I felt really bad suddenly halfway through, but recovered and got into "cruising" mode again, so it went well. Heading out for a morning run on this wonderful day soon. I'm so happy it will be nice and warm for the rest of the week. No need for fall or winter in my world!

XT: Sounds very exciting, and totally different from long distance running. I too like to change things up every once in a while. Congrats on third place!

QOTD: DaFeet and Wigwam. They last, and can take heavy mud, too. Smartwool is great, too, but it is difficult to clean after a long mud run (can't soak them for too long).

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Beer Runners run tonight.  I might run a few more after with a friend and skip the beer part.

XT- Red shirted dude's RR... "Just could't shake some old shirtless guy. Every time I got by him, old shirtless guy reeled me in. I think he was just playing with me. Plus everyone was cheering for old shirtless guy, even dogs were happy to see him. In the end he nipped me by 12 seconds".

QOTD: DryMax

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

17 miles on the bike yesterday with DW. The problem with tapering is I'm losing my desire to go fast. Maybe I need to put in a fast, short effort tomorrow or Friday.  No miles today due to being at work.

QOTD: Double layer Wright Socks. They seem to work well for me. Rarely get a blister and when I do it's mostly from not taking care of a callous properly.  I have several pairs that I got in goodie bags at Hyner and some other races. I think they are either Wigwam or Smartwool, not sure, but they are really comfortable, just a little heavy for summer use.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in 7.5 last night while DS had soccer practice.  I run 1.1 mile loops and am able to keep an eye on him each time I roll by.  It's mundane doing loops but it has really helped in my pacing.  I have noticeably improved my pace.

XT - I second what couch said.  Sounds like a fun xc race.  Good for you!

QOTD: Drymax mostly but have gotten a couple pairs of smartwool too I like.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I hope you are right about wet Wednesday we have a storm front coming and I sure hope it dumps a lot of water especially on the fires.  236 homes burned and the fire is within one mile from a town.    So MTWarden I think you meant the end in Montana as ours is just beginning.  Got up and ran 4.5 with mutts.  Actually wore capris and long sleeves and my hands were cold at the beginning.  I hate running anything less than 5 miles.

QOTD:  I also love the Darn Tough over the ankle sock.  I prefer the thick ones.

http://www.backcountry.com/darn-tough-merino-wool-daphne-socks-womens?CMP_SKU=DRN000B&MER=0406&skid=DRN000B-WIS-L&CMP_ID=PLA_BNG001&utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=PLA&mr:trackingCode=23880EE1-9F0E-E411-AFDF-BC305BF82376&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pa&mr:ad=3294144246&mr:filter=18803241656&mkwid=HKwEJOta_dc|pcrid|3294144246

runtraildc:  Toughwool has held up better than smartwool, for me.

XT:  Tell me about the celebratory beers...

AT:  Shame on you...you know skipping the beer part on a beer run!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

LB2 - Ha, running with that effort for 100 miles be impossible. I was just holding on for the end at 3 miles. But I hear you, finding a "tempo" for a 100 mile distance would be something.

Couch/Jamie - Yes, I did this last year too... took the fall do to a few shorter races instead of ultras, but not 5k short. I just stumbled on this 2 race series practically in my backyard and figured it would be good for speed work at least as I just can't get fired up to do that solo anymore.

AT - Good  one.. he was probably 20+ years younger. And yes of course I was shirtless.

Queen - Oscar Blues Brewing G'Knight Red IPA was the celebratory beer... there was more than one. Hope you get some rain to dampen those fires.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

That sounds yummy..

Queen - Oscar Blues Brewing G'Knight Red IPA was the celebratory beer... there was more than one. Hope you get some rain to dampen those fires.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

NHLA

5 miles this morning. Heal was OK but hurting a little now. Taking Sandy for a walk later. I'll see if it feels better.

Xtrem sounds fun. Oskar Blues Brevard NC brewery has a 4 mile race Oct 3rd. Flat and fast course. The brewery is in a large valley that was zoned industrial. This is a fun race.

qotd Swiftwick.

some call me Tim

Nice little RR, AT, sounds like fun!

I had a dream with a snake last night, coral snake I think, who knows why... anyway, 8 miles today on the home trails and then some battles with the wild rosebushes.

qotd: Wool is great, but for tough conditions I prefer Drymax. They're cheaper, too. On gorgeous days like today it's Balega Hidden Comfort

Watoni

It is back to school night at the boys' school, but maybe I can sneak in a short run before I go ....

QOTD: Normally injinji trail socks, but now the short CEP compression socks