Trailer Trash

looks like we're missing a weekender (Read 18 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

everyone is probably celebrating 

still chasing elk, but thus far they're definitely ahead; my buddy bumped a bull at first light this morning- we split a long meadow in half for both of us to glass, just as he was getting to where he was going to glass- he got a quick glimpse of a bull- pretty sure the bull winded him

well the scenery is pretty anyway Smile

this is how this evening ended; we're supposed to get a foot plus of the white stuff tonight

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

No elk or snow here.  Just a delightful day for 17 in the Marin Headlands.  That's Tiburon and Strawberry, where I grew up.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Pain is my friend

16 miles on a track then a few more on the road for change.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Sandy-2

Did 15 mi on a sandy squirrelly trail at my DD horse trail race.  It was really nice, but tough. We’re a little north of Athens, TX.

Here’s what it looks like.  The trail hugs the left side of the meadow and then at the end goes into the woods for miles and miles of twisty turny stuff.  You may be able to see my car on the left, that’s were I set up the tent. 

Yes we’re celebrating. DD call our little corner of camp as being under the liberal tree. As you can imagine here in central TX we are in the red zone so we’re being very discreet.

DD and Mow Mow did great. 1st place, high vet score and best condition. It was Mow’s first-ever 50 mile.

Today she breaking in a new horse, PJ, his 1st trail ride ever, they’re doing 25 mi.

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Celebrating.....well yeah. What's even better is knowing the petulant child will be throwing tantrums in the Whitehouse for the next couple months. Yes he'll do more damage but we'll get thru it.  And also knowing some prosecutors are getting their papers in order to make his life a living hell come Jan 21st. It's a good day.

Been doing double workouts down here with a modest beach run at sunrise followed by a 5-6 mile trail run in the afternoon. This morning though I only did 2.5 miles on the beach as my legs felt shot. The sand has taken it's toll when you're not accustomed to it. I'll get 7-8 a little later. Saw a bourbon in the local liquor store I've wanted to try--Angels Envy, a little pricey but I just feel like celebrating so I'll pick some up today. 

Sandy--good stuff--the liberal tree. 

E/A  forgot to mention I was watching tropical storm Eta developing a week ago while in northern Wi and just wondering a bit.  Well after doing a lot of damage in central America it's finally about to hit southern Fla. It's already posted here that if the county I'm in gets a tropical storm warning we'll be forced to evacuate the park where we're camping. It's been very slow moving so far so I hold out hope we can make it until Thurs.

10 windy miles today.  Felt like someone was pushing me around out there, it was so strong.  Glad I stuck it out watching ND beat Clemson last night.  A big deal for ND fans like me.    Doing laundry and chores today.

Sandy, WTG on DD and her horse getting 1st!

NH, good call buying the bourbon to celebrate.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy congrats to your DD! (and Wow Wow Smile)

Started the day shoveling ~ 8" of snow (we're over 30" for October?November already!); Tiny E was feeling neglected with all the recent hunting, so took him out for 4 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy congrats to your DD.  1st place and high vet score is awesome.  It shows how well the horse has been conditioned and how well the rider took care of the horse.  Only those who do are expert riders achieve that.  It's harder than you might think.

Sandy-2

Thanks everyone.  Yeah, they were pretty stoked about the way things went on Saturday with Mow Mow.

On Sunday she and the new guy PJ, were really just trying stuff out.  He needs more training so she took a lot of time out there to bring him along some.  She said she "introduced" him to being on trail with other horses, river crossings, scary stuff in the woods, etc., but he also dumped her off a few times. Unfortunately she also thinks she may have dislocated or broken a finger in the process though.

When they finished the first 12 mi loop PJ passed with flying colors, but my DD decided that that was enough for the day so they dropped.

tbd.