Trailer Trash

Spring-like Saturdaily?? (Read 25 times)

moonlightrunner

Ok. 9 degrees without windchill is not exactly spring...but it felt good after the other day when a short walk to the garbage left me feeling like a popsicle.

Today i promise it will happen....I am going out for. A run. It is supposed to be nice. For a day. By nice I mean temps in the 30'S with little windchill. I have arranged that i will be free of childcare duties for the entire afternoon starting at 2pm.then it is out to the state park.

Qotd: Have you cooked anything wonderful lately, or plan to cook this weekend? Nothing more exciting than meatloaf today. Trolling for more excing options from you folks!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

Looks like spring to me -   15 degrees seem really warm compared to the negative temps of the last few days.

It's snowing, but hey, could be April showers, who knows.

6 bike path miles last night. It is really tricky to run on 2 feet of icy, packed snow with lots of deep footprints, and even deeper soft snow drifts in between, in the light of the headlamp only. It may have played a role that my headlamp was dying, so there was not too much light, but still. Running on regular trails, not covered with snow and ice, in the night is much easier, even on the technical trails we have around here.

It was a wonderful sunset, followed by a clear, starry night. I stopped to look at the milky way, the moon, and the stars. Awesome sight.

I am still admiring DD, who got out last night, too, and ran 3 miles on a short neighborhood trail, in the cold and all. Looks like I got her hooked...

moonlight: No need to hurry, but if you have the afternoon off, it might be nice to get out for a few miles again.

QOTD: It's DH's birthday, and I still don't know what to cook... panic setting in slowly! 

Run for fun.

runtraildc

Certainly not spring like here-- snowing pretty heavily with more to come.  However, I did get in 6 miles with the running group.  It was hilly and slow going, mostly because of ice and uneven footing.  It's hard to believe that March is a week away and we usually have early blooming daffodils nearing flowering about now.

qotd:  I made Pork ramen soup in the slow cooker last week.  Not your regular, package fried ramen, but the real stuff.  It was good and I'm thinking today might be a good day to make another batch.

Daydreamer1

Snowing rather nicely here in central Pa. Still fairly cold with temps in the teens. Looks like today will be a medley workout later this afternoon. Start with 30 minutes on the TM followed by 30-45 minutes on the bike, then 30 minutes on the elliptical. Also need to get in some balance training and strength work out. Adding all that up looks like a 2 hour +  session.

QOTD: Nothing too interesting. Just planning on throwing a salad together for supper tonight. Tomorrow DW is planning ham balls with a squash casserole. Someone shared the casserole recipe with us this past summer and we really like it.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nancy, you just made my heart drop. Running group - darn, I missed the group run this morning, again!! Could have gone there and enjoyed a few miles with wonderful people, but forgot. Seems to happen every Saturday now, even though I've had several of them off, so I could have run with the group... 

On another note, relating to the QOTD:

Last night, when I came home from my run, my 6-year-old had made a complete dinner for me: Spaghetti with meat balls, bread, and scrambled egg - out of Playdoh! 

Maybe I should take this as an inspiration for tonight?

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got to play in the snow we got this afternoon.  I love running while it is snowing.  I wanted to get out to a trail which would have made it better but it was snowing a good two hours by the time DW got home from work.  So I ran road to creek side trail to road to golf course trail to road to another road to another creekside trail (that was new to me) and then back again.  ROads not cleared so very slick.  All in all it was a very slow run.  Not sure I could even call it running.  A total off 11.65 miles in 2:24.  By far the longest I have gone in 15+ months.  We'll see how I feel in the morning.

moonlight - I hope you made it out for a little this afternoon.

QOTD: Embarrassingly - no.  We had the most unflattering dinner but both DW and I were too lazy to drive to the store.  Oh well.

Have a great night!

(looks like extended forecasts have some nicer temps for those of us in the east for March.  There is hope!)

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I had an interesting run.  I was sulking because I bagged a snowshoe trip due to a winter storm warning for the mountains- forecast temps to drop below 0 tonight, 20-25 mph winds w/ gusts to 40, 5-8" of snow.  I was definitely bummed to call it off.  By mid-morning the sun was starting to break out and the temps were in the 20's and I was regretting my choice to bag the trip, but it was too late.  Decided I'd get a longer run (14) in and headed out for the hills.  Sun was shining on and off and pretty pleasant.  About an hour into my run a storm rolled in.  Steam rolled in.  The temp dropped 10-15 degrees, snow was falling hard and driven by high winds.  The wind picked up even more, as did the snow and it was very close to full a whiteout.  Any tracks that were in the trail were quickly covered and it was blowing so hard and snowingso heavy that I could barely keep my eyes cracked open.  A surge of adrenaline kicked in and I picked up the pace as best as I could.  I ran through this storm for about 45 minutes, losing the trail a couple of times.  It finally let up a little where I could see better and eventually completely passed by.  When I got to the truck I had a top ten ice mustache and eyebrows (but sadly no camera!).  I quit my sulking and reveled in my good fortune that I bagged that trip!  

qotd: my wife is visiting her Mom, so I'm batching it- picked up a Papa Murphy take and bake pizza, was actually pretty good- chicken, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, feta on a thin crust, made a small salad and a cracked a  Leinenkugel all is good

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

Felt spring like around here with a temp about 32F, especially nice after the last several days. A morning with weights, stretching, and core, then late afternoon I went out and did a 15 mile run. Tried to keep a good effort and pace up but I will admit to taking a couple short walks.

boyjame-- Hey, great run. Turn the damn clock off and just enjoy the fact you are out there covering some miles. Nice job! See you at Rothrock. 

Warden--Love Papa Murphy's. I'll bring you some good beer though in July.    Yeah whiteouts can be fun in the backcountry, good adventure.

QOTD--We had burgers on the spit tonight with a few sides. Good old American cuisine.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden--Love Papa Murphy's. I'll bring you some good beer though in July.    Yeah whiteouts can be fun in the backcountry, good adventure. 

sounds good!    btw I reserved a room @ the Super 8 in Salmon for Friday, figured I better do that before things get all booked up

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √