Trailer Trash

Wednesdaily!!! (Read 25 times)

LB2

6 miles this morning through the woods. I spent the first 1.2 miles with hedge trimmers trimming bushes. Sort of a weird thing to do at 5 AM, but I notice things that need trimming more in the dark than I do during the light.

QOTD: I have nothing today.

LB2

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile run on mostly single track.  It was kind of sticky, but at least the deer flies were not biting today.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I am moving on up!  Running for 3 minutes followed 2 minutes of walking today (times 6.)  That will net me almost 2 miles!

QOTD: What do you wish you could change about where you live to make it better?

Running is dumb.

LB2

Marley and I had a nice 5 mile run on mostly single track.  It was kind of sticky, but at least the deer flies were not biting today.

I usually fight deer flies all summer long, but I don't think I have killed one all summer. I fought horseflies in May but haven't even seen one in the past couple of months. Very few skeeters down here this year, too.

QOTD: I'd like to see more public trails around here. We have lots of wooded lands, but it is mostly private property.

LB2

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Very few skeeters down here this year, too.

That's because they are all up North.    I never get bit in a typical year, but I was out over the weekend in a stupid spot and now I have bites behind my ears.

Running is dumb.

LB2

That's because they are all up North.    I never get bit in a typical year, but I was out over the weekend in a stupid spot and now I have bites behind my ears.

We had late snow and ice down here in Louisiana, believe it or not. I think that put a dent in them. Our skeeters aren't accustomed to such things.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Doing 4 miles at lunch.  I plan on running easy 800m followed by fast 800m for the run.  Going to be 94 degrees by the time I get out, so may have to adjust my plan.

QOTD:  I love Gettysburg but hate the "Tourons" (hybrid for tourist moron) that take over our town for a few months.  Luckily they are decreasing already, and by mid-August we get out town back.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

At work today so it's a much needed rest day for my legs.

QOTD: More trails that are closer to my house. I live in a very rural area but it's all private land so there are no trails close by.  Also like to see a less humid climate. The past few years it seems like the humidity has been increasing.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hiya folks,

I've been out of commission for a few weeks as I dealt with yet another calf strain. It seems

a pattern has developed on my port side (left leg), that is causing problems from hip to toe.

After a few hiking/running days I'm back to my morning routine; got it a nice 4 miler this morning

in the raging humidity.

MM: Nice job with the rehab.

LB2: I was checking out the reviews of my new Montrails on RW and noticed a comment by some

dude in LA.

QOTD: Well, this is timely question. We've found a house in Stony Point, NY and my DW has secured

a position as a bookkeeper. She starts next week, then I'll resign my current position and start packing
                    up the current house. The house in NY is right on the edge of Harriman State Park, which is huge.
                    In our backyard I'll have access to an amazing number of trails; the Long Path is right there. From
                    those trails I can connect to the AT in Bear Mountain; from there of course I have trail access from
                    Georgia to Maine.

So, my answer is: I can't change it so we're moving.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

To answer my own question, I would want to shorten winter to about two months instead of five.  Otherwise I love Madison.  I just am running low on how many more of these brutal winters I can take.

Congrats on the move, Jon!  Sounds awesome!

Running is dumb.

Occasional Runner

A speedy 6 mile trail run with the puppy. It was hot and unusually humid this morning. Humidity is an oddity in the Wasatch.

QOTD: My kneejerk response would be to say "Mormons", but in reality, I enjoy living amongst their tribe. I have very few complaints, but it would be nice to go into a bar and order a beer without having to also order food.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: My kneejerk response would be to say "Mormons", but in reality, I enjoy living amongst their tribe. I have very few complaints, but it would be nice to go into a bar and order a beer without having to also order food.

Plus you can always add another wife or two if you want. Think what a crew you could assemble.  

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Plus you can always add another wife or two if you want. Think what a crew you could assemble.  

I could definitely use "Pacer Wife" and "Crew Wife #2". I like the way you think.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Jon - this is great! Sounds like a great move.  I am jealous

QOTD: Well, this is timely question. We've found a house in Stony Point, NY and my DW has secured

a position as a bookkeeper. She starts next week, then I'll resign my current position and start packing
                              up the current house. The house in NY is right on the edge of Harriman State Park, which is huge.
                              In our backyard I'll have access to an amazing number of trails; the Long Path is right there. From
                              those trails I can connect to the AT in Bear Mountain; from there of course I have trail access from
                              Georgia to Maine.

So, my answer is: I can't change it so we're moving.

We just moved but not far from where we were.  I would like to be close enough to remote trails to run them from the house.  But I found a "trail" yesterday about 1/3 mile from my new house down by the creek.  Not sure how far it goes (my guess is not far so it's nothing to get too excited over) but it's something.  Also its a nice spot for the boys and I to fish.

Yay Mandy! Progress.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

NorthernHarrier

10.6 yesterday on some nice single track in Sylvania. Hardly a deer fly in the old growth forest so that was a bonus. Right now I'm looking out my window at a momma turkey and a gaggle, herd, flock, or whatever of a bunch of little squirts. It's just not right to be seeing turkeys up here. There is an eagle roosting on my point chirping, think he's eyeballing the little ones.  Probably do 4-5 on the road and then get some mtn. biking in at some great trails recently developed 15 minutes from here.

Jonfer--I admire you for making the move. I put quality of life and where you live far above all else.

QOTD--I guess the weather theme for me too. Winters could be just a little shorter and summer just a little cooler.