Trailer Trash

Today's Tuesdailies (Read 21 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Good Morning,

A day off work, and I'm just waiting for breakfast to settle, then I'll head out for some wonderful autumn miles. Weather is warmer again, yay!

QOTD:

1) Cat or dog?

2) Tea or coffee?

3) Wine or beer?

4) Morning or evening?

5) Sweet or spicy?

I left out the obvious "Trail or road?" 

Run for fun.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I will get out for some miles tonight during DS soccer practice.  Soccer season is coming to a close so I will need to adjust my running schedule a bit.

Enjoy your run Couch.  I bet the leaves are perfect about now.  BTW - are you running on Sunday?

QOTD:

1) Dog

2) Neither

3) Neither

4) Either

5) Both

I left out the obvious "Trail or road?"  - Both

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Good morning couch.. enjoy your autumn miles today.

Typical 7 mile loop at Coventry Woods last night with the Lady. Cool and crisp evening with leaves now covering the trail. Surprisingly we saw a few walkers out there which is a rare thing in the evening. Usually we have the place to ourselves. We are chasing the last bits of sun now on our evening runs. Sad. I think a lake side run is the plan for tonight.

QOTD

1) Dog

2) Coffee

3) Beer

4) Evening

5) Spicy

Jamie - Appears you have commitment issues to me. Ha. That will be 5 cents please.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Today's a hill run, probably 4 miles.  It's sunny outside and warming up quite nicely.  Today is one of those days that makes Fall the best season (until spring comes around).

Couch- a day off?

Jamie-- I go thru the same thing when our swimming season changes

XT-- how was the shin on your run?

qotd:

dog

coffee in the am, tea at night

morning

both sweet and spicy.  Oh, do you mean food?  Well, still both.

XtremeTaper

XT-- how was the shin on your run?

No issues at all. It feels normal now.

I saw your post yesterday and I think it was something similar. About 3 weeks ago I had an incident around the yard and ended up with a hug gash on my shin just above the ankle. A scab about the size of a nickel. While it was sore it never impacted my running.. well until last week. The pain was in the same general area but seeing the sore was in the last stages of healing it didn't make much sense that it would cause me an issue after so much time. But there was some inflammation. I guess the compression, ice, and rest did the trick. Knock on wood.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Lovely day here. Just got back from getting new tires on the SUV. $665.72 worth. Now I have to finish some paperwork from yesterday than run  some more errands. After that hopefully I'll get in 6-7 miles.

QOTD:

1)  Dog

2)  Tea.

3)  Whine. I can do that real well at times .  (Although I call it bitching).

4)  Evening. When I get to heaven I'm going to have a serious talk with God about why he created mornings .

5)  Depends

Trail or Road?  For running I only tolerate roads, although I spend more miles on them than on trails.

The difficult question for me is: Running or Biking?

I I had to chose only one, biking would win.  For some reason that makes me feel like a traitor .

LB2

Five early; five more after work unless I do 7 after work.

QOTD:

1. Dog

2. Coffee

3. Beer (prefer bourbon)

4. Morning

5. Spicy

6. Trail

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Beautiful morning for a run.  Not up early enough to see the planets. 8 miles on the AT. Crunched leaves the whole time.

QOTD:

Cat - unfortunately the only pet that we have in the house now, otherwise, dog.

Tea - chai

Beer- anything but double IPA's

Morning - time I like to run

Spicy - I add Sriracha to almost everything.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

Beautiful day. Working on Tai Chi this morning. The transition to fair lady works at shuttles just drops off my mind sometimes. Had to get out the book. Hit the road later.

qotd

both but Tater my feral cat loves me the most. Its weird usually cats love themselves.

coffee

both but when I got shingles I could not drink beer for years. I just lost my taste for it.

morning

spicy

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Heading out to actually run on a trail this afternoon.

QOTD:

1) Cat

2) Coffee

3) Wine

4) Evening?

5) Sweet

I left out the obvious "Trail or road?"  or the less obvious: Track

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gator eye

8 miles in the dark, on the road, staring at the stars. Someday I'll do a serious face plant while running with no light.

QOTD:

Dog

Coffee

Both

mornings

Spicy

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I pathetic little 3 miles this morning.  Looking forward to daylight savings.  I stopped at one point and just enjoyed the silence.

QOTD:

1. Dog
                          2. Coffee
                          3. Wine (and beer depends on what I am doing or how hot it is, I also like vodka and whiskey)
                          4. Morning:  Use to think I was evening but really enjoy going to bed early and getting up early. 
                          5. Spicy!!! with beer.
                          6. duh!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Looking forward to daylight savings.

Get those filthy words out of here!!!    Worst day of the year.

I guess I'll run after work today, since my body seems to be cooperating.  I am pleased that we were able to do back to back 11 mile hikes over the weekend without issues from my hip.  My foot continues to bother me though.

QOTD:

1) Both - I have a dog, but miss my old cats

2) Coffee in the morning, chai tea later in the day

3) Both - depends on my mood

4) Mornings on the weekends, evenings on the week days

5) Sweet

Running is dumb.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I need it lighter in the morning so I get up!

Get those filthy words out of here!!!    Worst day of the year.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

8 very technical miles. It was a run I should better have skipped - epic fail on all odds and ends.

- Lost the trail twice and had to backtrack to find my way again - on a trail that I run many times a year, since 6 years, in snow, mud, fog, night. But, I blame it on the leaves covering the ground so thick that the trail is barely distinguishable from the rest of the forest ground.

- Was hungry already when I started out, and this, for some unknown reason (??), did not get any better as I was heading up the hill. Let's just say, it was a slow run... very slow.

- Made a "distinguished" faceplant down the hill over the roots and rocks, right in front of a hiker. Hi there, it's just me, doing a thorough hands-on ground investigation here, disregard...

My first real fall in over a year!

Bumped and scraped my knee pretty badly, and bent my thumb, but could continue, so it wasn't that bad.

- When I came back to the car (hey, I was lucky to even arrive there in one piece, right?), I found it covered with hundreds of ladybugs. There was a huge cloud of ladybugs swarming just around my car, obviously they found it very attractive. I got attacked by them - imagine "The Birds", just with ladybugs. It was awful.

So I just threw my half-full bottle into the car and took off back home, throwing several ladybugs out the window on the way.

- When I arrived home, the school bus had just stopped there. I got out of the car, and the kids walking home saw my knee. I got lots of "Ooohh"s and "Aahs", and some "Ouch"es, too.

Took the towel off my water bottle and realized that in the hurry I had forgotten to close the spout. Now I won't be able to transport anyone on the passenger seat for the rest of the week - don't want them to look as if they'd peed their pants...

Life. It's rough at times. 

QOTD: 1) Dog, but I also like cats.

2) Coffee in the morning, tea for the rest of the day.

3) Beer

4) Morning! Although I also do well running through the night.

5) Sweet, but just am having a phase where I actually prefer spicy. Think Jalapenos and such.

Trails, but I also like remote gravel and logging roads. Or roads, occasionally.

Run for fun.