Trailer Trash

Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

QOTD: I am so forgetful that I don't remember ever forgetting running stuff before.  Seriously, this was the first time.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

moonlightrunner

No run today. Work and grandmother duty. Dd's work schedule is killing any time I had for running. Very frustrating. Yesterday did net a few miles.

Qotd: I don't really travel much. I did forget my running shoes when I drove an hour and a half for a training run. Ran in my run buddy's extra shoes...2 sizes too small. It was a very painful 16 miles.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

You guys are cracking me up!  

It's an Austrian thing. Queen with her "lettuce" comparison got pretty close. I would have chosen a celery stalk instead of the lettuce, though - oops, that might be a bit TMI... 

But I guess you get the idea.

I never know when I'm going to get into trouble by such "direct translation" (that's Austrian, too), although here it's more an analogy which is not common (or even known) in English. There are more wonderfully messed up phrases, e.g.

"That is me so what of sausage!" ("Das ist mir so was von wurst" for "I couldn't care less"), or "Full Throttle" ("Volltrottel") for "moron".

Run for fun.

Sandy-2

Not sure if I'll run today.  I've got some sort of sinus or head-clogging that is making me feel dizzy today, kind of like vertigo.  I've had it before when springtime gunk is in the air.  It usually goes away in a day or so.  There are other people in the office who called in sick today with allergy-related stuff, so I guess there is something thick floating in the air today. They'll probably say it's the yellow dust from China (they do get dust blowing over here from the Gobi Desert sometimes).  It's weird because it's actually a nice sunny day today, although the last few days were pretty soggy.

I think I'm going to stay away from the whole lettuce/celery discussion today ........    but I will say I would have gone commando.

qotd: never forgot to bring running stuff on a trip, but I have left a few water bottles behind in hotel rooms. Both times they were kinda cruddy water bottles, but one time I left a new handheld strap which kinda sucked.

tbd.