Trailer Trash

Eventuality: Race Report for the abominable Beast of Burden 50 (Read 42 times)

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the report! Sounds like it was a tough day, but you worked your way through it.

I've had such hot and cold flashes after hypothermic runs, and after some ultras, too. I think there are several factors causing it, not just temperature. Hope you have recovered well meanwhile!

Run for fun.

muppy

Nice race report, and an even better race finishing 10th place, congratulations!

moonlightrunner

Congratulations! Awesome effort. I would think now that a 50 under better conditions will seem easy.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

some call me Tim

Thanks again, y'all. James and Couch, you've piqued my curiosity about the mechanism for that. I did a little searching the other day, but didn't really come up with much... some suggestion that your thyroid is involved... the description of 'night sweats' was right on the money. I guess my (menopausal) mom and I might have something new in common.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Great job on your first 50 miler....after only running one 50 K right?  You are a brave soul.  Not to mention winter.  You people on the East are bad asses!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

some call me Tim

Yep, just the one 50k. One marathon, too, that I ran in the spring... wonder why I always have this nagging sense of being completely out of my depth! Hell, I've got a lot of crap to burn up. But now it's time to rein it in to 50k and as LB said, get to the point where I've got a couple of things figured out.

It's been just great getting to hang out in here.