Trailer Trash

Not so Serious Sue Saturdailies (Read 26 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Back in CA from MI....plan to run with Mutts like 5.  Should do now before hitting the chores.  Had some nice runs in MI....love the woods there.

QOTD:  Describe the type of running trail you love best.

I love single track through the woods with rolling hills  A view is nice  but they usually come with a long climb followed by a long descend.  not my favorite.  Gatsby mentioned a race in Mill Valley...this is beautiful coastal running.  I've run there twice and find the lack of trees boring after awhile.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Sue, hope you had a great time on your vacation.

I ran 16 this morning with 12 on single track and 4 on logging roads.  I used the roads as a tempo running and cruised the trails.  Might be a record number of spider webs broken today. Ran with a stick for most of it.  Great weather and one of my better runs in a while, so they heat index and my running happiness are directly related.

Now re-hydrating to get ready for the Gettysburg Brew Festival.  50 brewers from 12 states and 130 different beers. DW and I plan on walking around town after it ends at 8:00.

QOTD:  Single track with a varied technicality.  I love when it mixes up from rocky to roots, to pine needles.  I'm with you, sue, I also prefer rollers to extended climbs and drops.  Anything with water views is a bonus.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Heading out to mow the lawn, then I'll go up on the mountain for 13-14 miles.

QOTD:

I like a variety including some very technical stuff.  It keeps things interesting.  This is the type of trails though that I really like.

I don't mind the climbing and descending because I like the views that typically come with it.  What I love though is nicer, runnable trails that aren't so filled with rocks and roots that you have to pick your way through all the time.

NHLA

6 miles Long Rocks. You can see the Blue Ridge from hear over six rows of Mt. ridges.

QOTD  Estatoe Trail - North Slope trail.  Estatoe follows Davidson River flat, groomed, and fast. Take a left on Art Lobe if you like pain one hr. 30 min of hell or follow river to Ranger Station. Run Andy's Cove a one mile kids nature trail with swingging bridge and walkways at tree top level. Durring monark and bird migrations it's so cool.  Run North Slope four very tough miles. Then back on Estatoe for an easy run to the car. Swmming holes along the way. 1st pic Estatoe  2nd Long Rocks

NHLA

NHLA

Long Rocks

Not running today, road marathon tomorrow.

QOTD:  Not this. Dipsea stairs:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/988398_719173511484281_5095662785405021346_n.jpg?oh=bf7ad5043a516f4fe6befc771233f66b&oe=563E713C

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

AT-runner

Tim

Not running today, road marathon tomorrow.

Good luck at the marathon.

Watoni

Off for a bike ride to the coast (spent the morning lazing about making gelato), and planning on 6 miles or so in the evening (3 miles or so up, 3 miles down).

QOTD: I love single track in the redwoods or mountains and then emerging to a view. One of my favorites is Steep Ravine to Matt Davis and back to Stinson Beach.

Sue, if you mix the vistas in the Headlands with the wooded single track in Mt. Tam state park, I think you have a winner.

BTW, it seems Kelly was at mile 31 in 5:46, going strong! I tried to sign up for Twitter updates on him and it makes it seem as if I am running. Doh!

Daydreamer1

NHLA - Nice pictures. You live in a nice area down there. I've spent more time hiking on the TN side of the mountains, but every time I drive though the NC side I really want to come back again.

Gatsby -  Good luck at the marathon. I may do a 1/2 distance on the road tomorrow for training purposes so I'll feel about 1/2 you pain .

AT-runner

Tim

BTW, it seems Kelly was at mile 31 in 5:46, going strong! I tried to sign up for Twitter updates on him and it makes it seem as if I am running. Doh!

No way to follow everyone without signing on and giving out personal information like FB profile. Terrble way to run a tracking system. I've been following iRunFar for updates, but only seeing leader.

Daydreamer1

No way to follow everyone without signing on and giving out personal information like FB profile. Terrble way to run a tracking system. I've been following iRunFar for updates, but only seeing leader.

I was just going to ask if there was a way to follow the race without signing on through FB. I agree, it's a terrible way to run a tracking system. I think their whole website stinks.  I guess we'll just have to wait for the RR.

some call me Tim

Good luck, Gatsby!

another RD today and a ton of yard work... Doesn't bother me too much though. I'm not one of those people who gets antsy during a taper

Qotd: tough call. I also enjoy little rollers where you can get some air, but I love the rush that comes with running technical downhill. Being barely in control and just flying downhill is so much fun. If I ever eat it on terrain like that I'm sure it'll be life changing!

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Oh I am sure there are some great spots there...you need to show me one of these days.  My niece just moved to SF so I will be visiting her.

Sue, if you mix the vistas in the Headlands with the wooded single track in Mt. Tam state park, I think you have a winner.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Good luck, Gatsby!

another RD today and a ton of yard work... Doesn't bother me too much though. I'm not one of those people who gets antsy during a taper

Qotd: tough call. I also enjoy little rollers where you can get some air, but I love the rush that comes with running technical downhill. Being barely in control and just flying downhill is so much fun. If I ever eat it on terrain like that I'm sure it'll be life changing!

Ask me about the eating it part .... ankle swollen four months on Sad

Well, I only have road pics today, but here is our area: