Trailer Trash

New Years Dailies (Read 35 times)

The pooch and I had a nice three mile trail run to start the new year.

QOTD: What was your 2014 mileage? We had modest totals for the year.

Me 1127

Marley 1093

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Occasional Runner

Happy new year! Rest day for me.

QOTD: 4083 for the year, 536 in December.

I hope you all have a great day.

Daydreamer1

Waiting for DS to crawl out of bed to see if I can convince him to go for a run with me. If not I'll probably do 5-6. Thinking about putting in some time on the trainer and elliptical as well.

QOTD:

Run: 1256.6     1.4 miles better then last year.

Bike: 1003.3      increase of 282 miles

Elliptical:  108.4        Decrease of  55.1 miles

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Happy New Year everyone!  Will head out this afternoon for 15, it's -1 now so it has to warm up a bit first 

qotd: 1287 running, 518 biking (mostly commuting to/fro work), 291 hiking/backpacking/elk hunting- I'm pretty happy with those numbers as I went 10 weeks w/o any running this past Spring

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

muppy

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy new year!

SRD for me

QOTD The pace Bunny said I failed!  963.1, not too bad for me since I haven't really run since May.

moonlightrunner

Happy New Year everyone!

No miles last night or today. Yesterday I had some pain behind my knee...so I did not go. It is extremely cold today....I keep forgetting it is only Thursday... I'll run later despite it all...a short one for...the the 50k Saturday.

Qotd: I don't keep track.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Happiest of New Years to you all! May your runs be injury free in 2015.  I got out for a little 4ish mile jog/hike on the cross country ski trails.

QOTD: I had a crappy year.  Lots of injuries and bouts of IDGAF about anything but eating ice cream in my bathrobe.

not 100% on the numbers.  I did bike/elliptical more than I ever have though, and things started getting good in November.

Watoni

Happy New Year!

The flu has ravaged us over the last few days --- we took our 9-year old to urgent care yesterday. I did snowshoe with my 11-year old yesterday, skied a bit on Tuesday, and am hoping for a jog/hike in the snow in a bit.

QOTD:

About 2100 on the bike and 750 running -- a number of injuries derailed the running.

sugnim

Hello all.  It's been a while since I've posted anything here.  To be honest, 2014 was a craptastic year for me in terms of running.  I'll keep all the dark shit out of here, but I've been dealing with some pretty serious depression.  I know running helps with that, but damn if I could get myself going most days.  Well, enough of that.  Today's the start of a new year.  While I'm not super big on resolutions or such, a new calendar hanging on the wall is as good of an excuse as any to make some positive changes.

I went out for 5.5 miles today in the -2 cold.  My eyelashes froze, and I enjoyed the early morning light.  There was no one else out, but someone's first aid kit had exploded all over the place, so I picked most of it up and I now have a lot of decent supplies.

QOTD:  I don't know how many miles I ran last year, but I'm hoping to do 2015 miles in 2015, just because.

Happy new year to you all!

moonlightrunner

Happiest of New Years to you all! May your runs be injury free in 2015.  I got out for a little 4ish mile jog/hike on the cross country ski trails.

QOTD: I had a crappy year.  Lots of injuries and bouts of IDGAF about anything but eating ice cream in my bathrobe.

not 100% on the numbers.  I did bike/elliptical more than I ever have though, and things started getting good in November.

I'be had IDGAF too! In fact...I have a case of it now. If you find a cure for it...let me know!

Glad things started getting better for you...maybe 2015 will be a super year for you.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

sugnim- welcome back!  I was in Missoula over Christmas, got a few good runs in, but was sure glad I had my microspikes- lots of ice on Sentinel and at Blue Mtn

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Happy New Year, Trailers!  Today was a planned rest day as my streak ended up with a NYE run.  However, it is 40* outside, sunny and I think a run might help keep this cold I"ve been fighting off at bay.

Sugnim-- great to see you back.  I hope your health is on the mend and 2015 is much better than last year.

qotd:  I don't know.  probably in the 700-750 range.  It wasn't a great year, mileage-wise, but I did enjoy what I was able to do.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

sugnim, welcome back!

Happy New Year to all!

Worked until after noon today, and the weather is fantastic. Unfortunately, family obligations will keep me busy way into the evening, so I'm hoping against the odds for a night run, keeping my fingers crossed.

QOTD: I have been running just for fun and recreation since late August, and not logged my miles since then. It was 1,110 miles until mid-August, and I guess it would be around 1,600, plus/minus some change, for the year.

Run for fun.

AT-runner

Tim

Hello all.  It's been a while since I've posted anything here.  To be honest, 2014 was a craptastic year for me in terms of running.  I'll keep all the dark shit out of here, but I've been dealing with some pretty serious depression.  I know running helps with that, but damn if I could get myself going most days.  

Welcome back, we did miss you as your "name" came up several times in the dailies wondering how you were.  Depression sucks, so if us bunch of fools can help, I'll speak for the group and say we're here for you.

DW and I started out for nice run and then her foot slipped off a rock and she sprained her right ankle pretty good.  My sense of direction said we could trek off the trail and through the woods to get to a road, and luckily I was right.  She's on ice now and not a happy camper.

QOTD:  I mostly go by time, but looking back over the months I'd be around 1600 miles.  DW keeps track and she's at 1140, so my guess might be a bit low, but close.

Lace - Nice 202.61 mile run you did there. Congrats!

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

charlesmoman

14 miles at Muscatatuck Wildlife Refuge today. Tons of sandhill cranes flying overhead.

I had to jump off the side of the road in the last mile - a truck would have hit me if I had stayed running on the edge.

I had on a bright neon yellow vest, but I think the guy never saw me. Too close.

QOTD: I have no idea really. I kept track of miles before the wreck and since then I have not worried about it.

I am doing the training schedule now that I was doing last year before the Indiana Trail 100.

I have modified it because I am doing so much PT everyday.

I do every long run as scheduled, but the weekly daily runs have to be shorter or I will be worn out.

My stamina is improving, but I am not there yet.