Trailer Trash

Tuesday - just Tuesday (Read 35 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I feel like it should be Wednesday or Thursday but it's only Tuesday.

I ran at the gym last night and a short workout.  I walked out of the gym to 28 degrees and it felt like heaven.  Our single digits are gone (for now).  It should be closer to normal for a little bit.  I think it might even get up to 50 later this week.  My body is not going to know what to do with that.

QOTD: What is your non-running goal for this year? Not a resolution but something you hope to achieve.

Me - it's simple.  Finish my dissertation.  Once and for all.  It's killing me.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning, friends!  I may go for a short run tonight - we'll see what the day holds.

I'm wondering if we should discuss the news that broke about a member of our little group here.  Of course, he is welcome to log back in and defend himself:  https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/01/kelly-agnew-aty-dq-cheat.html

QOTD: I have two goals for this year.  Stop eating candy at work and topping a V1 at the climbing gym.

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Just got back from a slippery 5 miles with my Tuesday running buddy. Mostly kept to the side streets and then ran the track. It'll be better out later, but then it would be later and the odds of running are diminished.

I'm wondering if we should discuss the news that broke about a member of our little group here.  Of course, he is welcome to log back in and defend himself:  https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/01/kelly-agnew-aty-dq-cheat.html

Oh yes, just saw this. This marathon investigator guy (he's a guy, right?) has fascinated me for a while, mostly on how diligent and careful he is in his allegations and how much he researches and back himself up with data. I have no reason to believe his report is false or, quite frankly, am I surprised at the news. I know Kelly has friends and fans here, but I was never one of them. I'll leave it at that.

qotd: return to the workforce. Probably doing something very different from my previous career.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I met Kelly at the Jackpot Ultra and saw him again when I ran ATY. I'm totally shocked by this but it's hard to dispute what was observed, especially with his lack of rebuttal and taking down many of his blog posts.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GC100k

Oh yes, just saw this. This guy (he's a guy, right?) has fascinated me for a while, mostly on how diligent and careful he is in his allegations and how much he researches and back himself up with data. I have no reason to believe his report is false or, quite frankly, am I surprised at the news. I know Kelly has friends and fans here, but I was never one of them. I'll leave it at that.

Wow. I posted that in the ATY thread. Had no idea he posted here.

bhearn

So sorry to hear.

I'm not really a fan of this Marathon Investigations guy, and I have a lot of problems with the tone of that article. But Mike Melton's observations seem irrefutable.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

So sorry to hear.

I'm not really a fan of this Marathon Investigations guy, and I have a lot of problems with the tone of that article. But Mike Melton's observations seem irrefutable.

No need to apologize, Bob.  Kelly hasn't posted here in a year or two, but many people here know him and I thought the article needed to be shared.  This place is always open for honest discussion and Kelly is welcome to log in at any time to defend himself.  I shall remain the diplomatic moderator.

Running is dumb.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

good strength workout yesterday- I’m doing Wendler’s 5/3/1 program- it’s a slow progression based on percentages of your 1 rep max (squats, deadlifts, bench, overhead press) 4 weeks, each week different- after 4 weeks you add a little weight to your 1 rep max and then % off of it for another 4 weeks. If I can stick with it, pretty sure I’ll see some decent progress.

Hitting the trails with Tiny E (probably DW as well) this evening.

Interesting read on Kelly to say the least.

qotd: fill freezer with elk meat 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I took the day off. Gym at lunch and maybe boot camp after work...then $2 pint night...no wonder why I can't lose weight.

QOTD:  Weight loss.    and a hand full of other personal goals. 

Mandy:  WOW pretty surprising.  I feel sorry for him.  What's broken in him that he felt he needed to cheat (if he did)  to win.  I want to win too, but I could never enjoy a win that I cheated to get there.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

4 at lunch at the local Sprogels Run trail with the lady. Balmy out there. High 30's almost felt like short sleeve weather. Trails still lightly snow covered but that may disappear soon if this summer like weather holds. LOL. I won't hold my breath.

QOTD: Non-running? Hmm. Maybe get my golf handicap down to single digit. I'm probably about a 12 now.

On the Kelly thing, not completely surprised. It seemed he out performed expectations on some races, especially loops and timed events, and was always going on about the FKT's. Sad if he did this very often. Oh well.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

GC100k

Warm and sunny here, but I'm not running today. Ran 7 days in a row, which is a lot for me, so taking today off. Did an upper body weight workout. Hopefully weather tomorrow will be similar and I'll get out there.

My girls have a swim meet this evening. They're swimming the same 4 events, same heat each one. Should be fun. They're identical twins and their swimming is pretty much identical.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Dang it Kelly, I hope it's not true.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

John M would be very disappointed right now.  How I miss him.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran in the warm sun today. Funny how 40 degrees qualifies as an awesome day.

Kelly - I posted on the other thread about how I’ve know him for a while. I’ve run several trail races with him. I know he was capable of some good finishes, but, having run timed events, I was very skeptical of his 201 miles at ATY. The discussion came up at another race and a runner who was at ATY during his 201 mike race said “he seemed to pass him withou being seen”. This person doubted his total, and I had to agree with him that you tend to know who’s passing you in a timed event (since I get passed a lot). Very sad.

bhern - stop by more often. We’d love to hear from you. Nice race last weekend. Did you get the bonus money? I was following and one post said you won it and another said results were off.

QOTD: finish all my projects around the house before summer so I can relax this year.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

AT-runner

Tim

John M would be very disappointed right now.  How I miss him.

My laptop crashed and I had several emails that I had saved from John M from over the years and especially his last few months. Now, like John, they are sadly gone. I should have backed them up.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway!