Trailer Trash

What about the Sundaily? (Read 28 times)

moonlightrunner

5 on the road later today.

Happy trails!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Birdwell

SRD.

I may take the dogs for a walk later, we'll see how the weather looks.

Happy Sunday!

Remember, Valentines day is 5 days away.

Or for the anti-valentine crowd, Arizona's 102 birthday is 5 days away.

muppy

Got in 6.4 this morning, now I'm at work just waiting for the snow to start falling. I'm really tired of the snow, can't even run on it anymore in Central PA, it's about 6" of snow with 1/2 inch of crusty ice on top, so half the time you break through the crust or else I just slip on it. 

(Rant over carry on)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

we got ~ 8" of new snow the last two days, added what we already had will make it too deep for running, so I'll be breaking out the running snowshoes this afternoon- waiting for it to warm up a bit- still in the single digits at 11:30 Sad

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

sugnim

Good morning all.  I got a nice 5 mile run in this morning with tons of fresh snow, and more falling.  It was 9 degrees.  The snow made it slow going, but I still had a great time.  When I got home, I shoveled the driveway to get in some cross-training.

AT-runner

Tim

Good afternoon.  DW and I did 12 miles on ice covered logging roads (screw shoe run).  It was going to be a 10 miler but on the first long climb (2 miles 740') I felt like crap and was cursing myself the whole way.  As I got near the finish I decided to add another hill to punish myself and I ran that on much better.  DW was wondering why I turned and decided to follow me.  I passed her on my way back down and all she said was "redemption climb" (she knows me too well).

QOTD:  Do you ever add distance or another climb to your planned run to try and redeem yourself for poor performance?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

I haven't had a good run of any kind since my 100 miler two weeks ago. Part of it is due to adjusting to my new job but the weather is also a factor. We're in that "between stage" where the trails are the perfect blend of mucky mud or solid ice. I refuse to wear spikes through the mud and can't get any traction without them. To me, the trails are totally useless right now. I planned back to back long runs this weekend and ended up with much shorter road runs instead. I'm not happy with this development.

February is a cutback month anyway. I need to embrace it.

Moab Rad Hot 55k next weekend. Things will be better when I get to Moab.

QOTD: All the time. Sometimes I won't quit running until I can stop on a high note.

moonlightrunner

Mt or any other experienced snowshoer. Im looking into Dion snowshoes because I can no longer run trails with all the snow. Do you thing running snowshoes will give me enough float on somewhat powdery snow? I am torn between the Dion racing frames, the running fitness frames (21") and the hiking frames (25"). I can only purchase one frame right now so I want the most versatile but I want to be able to run

we got ~ 8" of new snow the last two days, added what we already had will make it too deep for running, so I'll be breaking out the running snowshoes this afternoon- waiting for it to warm up a bit- still in the single digits at 11:30 Sad

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Daydreamer1

Got in 5.3 on snowy roads with a light snow falling and a temp of 20 degrees. Other then being a little slow because of being it slippy it was great.  Sometimes I just have to get used to winter and embrace it. It helps when it gets cold and snowy and stays that way rather then changing back and forth.

QOTD: Depends. Most of the time if I'm not feeling better I just finish and forget about it. If I'm feeling better  and have the time I'll add some ore miles. The other night at the gym I had planned on intervals on the TM. Since I was recovering from being sick It didn't go to well so I just slowed down and added more time.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Rest day. I scalded my arm and hand badly at work, it hurts like mad. And it was clearly my own fault, trying to work top speed while distracting my mind with all kinds of running stuff. Learning through pain, duh. I went ice skating with the boys in the afternoon, and we had a lot of fun. Downside is, after that I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch and missed my run. It's snowshoe weather anyway now, we got another 2 inches of snow... Muppy: I ran through this ice-covered snow three days ago, 6 miles up and down some hill, and my ankles.are still bruised from the icy crust! QOTD: often. I hate finishing feeling defeated, so I try to reclaim victory whenever my schedule allows for it after a miserable run.

Run for fun.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Ended up with 4.5 on the same snow described by Muppy and Couch.  My ankles are bruised also...the ice crust was miserable.

QOTD: No redemption runs for me

**Ask me about streaking**

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mt or any other experienced snowshoer. Im looking into Dion snowshoes because I can no longer run trails with all the snow. Do you thing running snowshoes will give me enough float on somewhat powdery snow? I am torn between the Dion racing frames, the running fitness frames (21") and the hiking frames (25"). I can only purchase one frame right now so I want the most versatile but I want to be able to run

the running frames are great for more packed snow- I "ran" 10.5 miles this afternoon, most of the trail I had to break- consequently it took me over 3.5 hours to do- my  running frames are 22" (Atlas); the larger frames do better in powder, but running is more difficult as they are not only longer, but typically wider and not as tapered as well- not sure on Dion

the next time I run this route it will be easier as I've started to pack that powder

personally for running, I'd go w/ the running frames- unless you are exclusively in deep powder

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Tougher than expected 2 hour run on Sunday afternoon. I have been wanting to hit these old dirt bike trails that have been abandoned. I did a walk through with my father in law back during December, scouting for deer sign. We only touched the tip of the iceberg on that jaunt. It was a fair amount of bushwhacking through the old trails yesterday, but things opened up in long stretches, and I got some pretty good running done for 2 hours. I will ease back in there later with a machete and clear out a few clogged stretches, discreetly. I saw no evidence of another human being having been there for years. I was also surprised to find some long, slow climbs in there. Those are just what I need, but my legs are pretty beat up today.

QOTD: I do that a lot, probably too often.

LB2