Trailer Trash

Thursday Thursday one more day to Friday.. (Read 21 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

What are you guys doing that I get to work and no post!!  I ran this morning with the mutts for 6 I guess.  No Garmin, it was dead.  My charger is a weird pincher thing like a hair clip that doesn't always sit right so doesn't work all the time.

QOTD:  Hmm too early to discuss plans for Memorial...  what do you want place on your headstone even if you don't plan on having a headstone.  I'd WANT it to say "Sue was a great friend" but it might just say "Sue was fun" if I don't work on being a better person and friend.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

What are you guys doing that I get to work and no post!!  I ran this morning with the mutts for 6 I guess.

Just bagging up a dead animal and putting it in the freezer .  No, no , no. It wasn't roadkill. Just some steer who gave his life so we could have yummy things to eat made with hamburg .

After this I'll head up on the mountain for 9-10 miles and then walk/jog with DW for another 3-4.

QOTD: Interesting question, gotta think about this one.  Somebody will probably put on something like "He could swear good enough to make a dozen mule skinners blush with shame" .  In the end I'm more concerned about where I'm buried. I don't like the cemetery at our current Church so I told my family I want to be buried at our sister Church's cemetery. This one looks out over a nice valley with the mountain in the background. That way I can crawl out at night, sneak about the valley, run the mountain and crawl back in just before the sun peeps over the hill behind the cemetery

muppy

13.3 miles on the horseshoe Trail yesterday.

I got a phone call a few minutes ago, I won four tickets to the Ringling Brothers circus in a contest that I do not remember entering!

QOTD I  would like my tombstone to say "A life beyond my wildest dreams"!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I bailed last night on my run.  Wise decision.  I hope to get in either a good run or a gym run/workout tonight.

muppy - winning a contest you didn't enter? that's funny.  Too bad the prize wasn't a car or something.

QOTD: "The one that got away"  Seriously though, I don't know.  I would be satisfied if they spelled my name right.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Not sure I should post since I don't have any running to report.  The other day, when I did say I was going to run and go to yoga?  Did neither (though both yoga classes I tried to go to, were full and turning people away, so I did at least try.)  Didn't run yesterday either, and nothing yet today. What I have been doing is some seriously spring cleaning and house repairs, though it feels as if I just made things messier.

I am dressed to run, and the sun is poking thru so I have plans to get a short run in before an airport pickup tonight.

qotd:  'Didn't suffer fools lightly'

LB2

Probably 6 after work today. I have been running a bunch of 4's just because of time constraints, but I have a little time this afternoon.

QOTD: I don't know. I don't plan on reading it. But I would like it to say that I was a great father, friend, husband, and person. It should be a little more poetic than that, but that is the gist of it.

LB2

NorthernHarrier

Cut my canoe trip down a few days as I had the most hellish weather and there is/was a huge forest fire that affected some of my proposed route. Of course as I knew it would, the weather has changed for the better but I had had enough. In a couple days I'll be heading to Utah and the Grand Staircase. Have some epic runs already mapped out and campsites reserved.

Did get back in time yesterday for a 5 mile trail run and then did a couple hours on the mt. bike. Today so far I spent an hour in the canoe and just finished a pretty 5 miler. Hopefully some more mt. biking and if I can get going maybe even a little fishing yet. Busy day.

QOTD- "I'll meet you on the stormy seas and I'll hold the winds at bay. We'll pull the oars inside the boat and gently drift away".  (The Call) How's that for being poetic?

AT-runner

Tim

Dental visit this morning and then my last long run on some logging roads. I might stay off the trails while I taper, just to be safe.

Opened the pool up, and it's a lovely shade of green and 59 degrees. Come on over!

QOTD:  DW thinks it should say "I Did It My Way" since I always make up my own directions for fixing / assembling / building things.  After my run in with some young guns over the winter I like "Still Active At Your Age".  That means I lived a long life and had fun to the end.  But that's hypothetical as I want to cremated and have my ashes spread in Ireland.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

XtremeTaper

Lots of yardwork last night. Have many of the beds ready for this weekend's mulch-a-rama. Tonight, trail run with the Lady after work along green lane reservoir for 7-8 miles.

QOTD: Permanent Taper

AT - My pool is fired up too, and the water is a clear cold 60 degrees. It's good for a leg ice bath right now and that's about it. When is your 24 hour?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

jonferg67

Endless trails

Hi folks,

I got out of work early today so I'm heading out to the trails now. This morning I was hiking

with my dog about 200 yards behind the house and came across mama bear and two cubs.

Our neighbor saw mama behind the houses on Sunday. Any advice for dealing with black

bears on your property? I'm a little concerned about my dog since I rarely keep her on the

leash out there.

Jamie: From yesterday; I'm working at West Point for the summer in a temporary administrative

position. It's a low level, low pay job but now I have my foot in the door and can apply for the

permanent positions as they open. I happily left the military life behind me 10 years ago, but

it is cool working with the cadets and regular Army.

Muppy: sounds like a scam, but if not can I come?

QOTD: "I guess it didn't really matter anyway."

jonferg67

Endless trails

....and today's winner is:

QOTD: Permanent Taper

Daydreamer1

This morning I was hiking

with my dog about 200 yards behind the house and came across mama bear and two cubs.

Our neighbor saw mama behind the houses on Sunday. Any advice for dealing with black

bears on your property?

Jamie: From yesterday; I'm working at West Point for the summer in a temporary administrative

position. It's a low level, low pay job but now I have my foot in the door and can apply for the

permanent positions as they open. I happily left the military life behind me 10 years ago, but

it is cool working with the cadets and regular Army.

For the bears, just don't leave out any garbage or anything else they can eat, that will draw them in and make them more aggressive. A fed bear is a dead bear.  Your dog may make them uncomfortable and they may leave or it may make a nice snack for them depending on how big and aggressive your pooch is.  In my neck of the woods we can deal with a nuisance bear by making a little noise with the bang sticks. Since we have a bear season in our area they tend to not like gunfire.  That may not work or be allowed in your area.  And of course there will always be at least one neighbor that will feed them because they're soooooo cute.

My son went through one Temp position and was into another when he finally got a full time position at his base so that's a good way to get your foot in the door.

NorthernHarrier

Hi folks,

I got out of work early today so I'm heading out to the trails now. This morning I was hiking

bears on your property? I'm a little concerned about my dog since I rarely keep her on the

leash out there.

If the dog moves in to chase like they sometimes do Mama will shew the cubs up a tree and hold her ground. Not too good for the dog's well being. Years ago a couple springers I had moved in for a chase and the bear would have nuthin' to do with that. Brought the aggression back at the dogs and they were lucky to get back to me.  I would walk back there with the dog and if you have an e-collar it could be a good training session for the dog if you see the bear otherwise I would carry a little boaters airhorn and blast that if you see the bear. They don't like those at all. Couple times of that and I'm guessing the bear will give you more space. Certainly keep tabs on the dog until you're sure the bear has moved on.  Otherwise I have a couple tricks to bring the bear right to you if you want some good pictures. 

NorthernHarrier

And of course there will always be at least one neighbor that will feed them because they're soooooo cute.

Ain't that the truth.  

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Keep posting...don't abandon me...we are the last females...what if I have female related questions to ask?    Or I want to brag on my husband and I get no support from these guys. 

Not sure I should post since I don't have any running to report.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄