Trailer Trash

Wednesday? (Read 14 times)

LB2

5 after work.

QOTD: Is there a distance that intimidates you?

No, but there are distances I have no interest in running, like a 200 mile course. And that is mainly because I don't like to stop and start again. And most of the 200's I have looked at have these sleeping stations. I don't think I would like that.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Nice run in the mtns yesterday evening, a bit warm, but better than it has been. SRD today

qotd: anything over about 40 miles- as I haven't done anything over that distance 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

6 ish miles this morning in my new shoes which I love...so comfy.

QOTD:  Anything over 20...I've done it but I really feel like I need to train for it...20 I can pull off fairly easy in the shape I am in.  I am playing with the idea of going for a nundy..but you guys know I am actually lazy soooo ummm let's drink beer.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

Last night the Lady and I ran our 8 mile evening loop on the trails over at French Creek. Summer has kicked in here with some heat and humidity but it wasn't overly oppressive in the woods. Not many folks out on the trails though. One mountain biker and one hiker is all that we saw. Lots of deer flies put but they did not bug me too much. Haha.

Today so far was planet of fitness for strength training at lunch, and 6-7 miles on the trails this evening. I took advantage of Whopper Wednesday again to cancel out the calories burned from my strength training session.

QOTD: 5k road race, ran at full out 5k race pace. Those mofo's hurt big time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

runtraildc

Hi all, just jumping in to say 'no running and not much else either'.  Seem to have developed some tendinitis in an elbow, something I've been ignoring, but the rowing has aggravated it.  Found some stretches and exercises and trying to be patient. Holy crap, everything is falling apart.

Queen-- did you get peregrines?

qotd: anything over 13.  I'm like queen with her 20, I can mostly pull off that distance with little or no training.  But a  50k doesn't seem that impossible, either, with training....

Daydreamer1

Was RA down for a while today? Couldn't get on when I tried earlier. Kind of interesting because that was around noon and I see that several of the posts here are from that time frame. Maybe it was just something with my ISP.

SRD today. Partly because it's hot and partly because I just don't feel like running.  Took the opportunity to stop by my parents place for a few hours and will do some weight lifting before going into work.

QOTD: 5k. It's just too short to even get warmed up. Also anything over 25 miles. That's where I almost always develop GI issues of some kind.

AT-runner

Tim

I was not able to get on RA this morning either. Working now.

SRD today. Might have to get out pretty early tomorrow to brat the heat and humidity.

QOTD:  Not really an intimidating distance, but I don't really like 5K's - you have to breath really really hard. I like slow and steady, so the longer the better.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea...like them...comparable to my old favorites Cascadia 6 and 7 oh how I miss you..   I think shoe companies should focus on the average joe and just make a good quality shoe that last and not worry so much about the wait.  If I was worried about weight I would stop drinking and lose 10 pounds! 

Queen-- did you get peregrines?

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

Yea...like them...comparable to my old favorites Cascadia 6 and 7 oh how I miss you..   I think shoe companies should focus on the average joe and just make a good quality shoe that last and not worry so much about the wait.  If I was worried about weight I would stop drinking and lose 10 pounds! 

I have a pair of Peregrine's, too. The shoe looks quite narrow, but somehow, it seems to give your toes plenty of room. It has good traction, adequate cushioning, and holds up pretty good.

LB2

Sandy-2

Holy crap, everything is falling apart.

Tell me about it !!!!!!

qotd: Distance, not really, but my upper limit is 100 mi.  The thing that is starting to intimidate me now are cutoffs... I'm slowing down and I can't seem to get to a race healthy lately.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 6 miles on the track tonight. Opted not to run the interval workout because I'm still recovering from Monday's 10K race.

QOTD: Not sure that I would say distances of 100K or more intimidate me as much as I don't feel prepared to take on those distances yet, and I may never be ready given the cutoff times to be an official finisher.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.