Trailer Trash

The Wednesdailies (Read 36 times)

The pooch and I are back from another nice spring morning on the trails. We ran 5 miles of single track trail and fire roads.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

Birdwell

I went running at the track late last night. Somehow I got the idea to try 400 meter repeats.

It was painful and did not end well, but I will try it again.

Call it 3 total.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Instead of going to the gym for recovery cross training last night, I walked a couple miles through the city to my volleyball game. Spring is finally here, and all of a sudden, everyone in Philadelphia is a runner again. 

I am planning a run commute home tonight,  3-4 easy miles.

Sandy-2

Going to do some light core training and then run 3 or 4 miles at lunch today.  There is a little trail next to a drainage ditch that I run along sometimes.  It's nice having a little gym and shower at work.

Muggy, cloudy, rainy and temp about 80* - typical weather around here today.

tbd.

Occasional Runner

6 road miles on the way to the gym this morning. I did a pretty intense core workout when i got there and it felt great. I'm really happy with how my legs are bouncing back from my race over the weekend. I might be able to survive the Zion 100 this weekend.

Sandy-2

I don't know how I missed this breaking news yesterday.

Hardrock 100 To Become The Tough Mudder World Championships

http://www.irunfar.com/2014/04/hardrock-100-to-become-the-tough-mudder-world-championships.html

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

http://www.irunfar.com/2014/04/hardrock-100-to-become-the-tough-mudder-world-championships.html

now that's funny Big grin

I'm on day 14 of no running (or even walking for that matter Sad); I'll strength train this evening- funny but all of my lifts have gone up in weight or reps (had my strongest bench Sunday in a couple of years!!!)- probably because it's the only exercise I'm getting??????  I'm going to try and get on the stationary bike- should work as I'm fine as long as there is no weight on my heel

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

URD today.  I left home without my running clothes, so no lunch time run in the rain as planed.  Must be my brains way of saying I need a rest day.

Too funny.  I like the "trip wire in South Mineral creek".

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Got in 7.1 this morning, was a pleasant 37* when I left so it was t shirt and shorts, at mile 3 it started raining before the weatherman had predicted it starting.

Mt warden, must have missed what happened to you, but hope you get better soon!

jonferg67

Endless trails

URWeek for me. I took a few days off after I had what felt like a calf strain. I went

out yesterday to test it and sure as shit, it's a strain. So, not trail marathon for me

this Sunday. The past two months have been tough, I felt like I was just going

through the motions of my training plan bc I had a race coming up. I had a few

decent long runs but otherwise I was forcing it (if that makes any sense). The

one good thing that I do immediately when I have an injury is to re-start my

leg/core strengthening routine, I just gotta stick with it once I'm running again.

Sandy-You just bounced back from a calf strain quickly, any tips for speedy

recovery?

Hang in there, mtwarden, it's good your still getting something in.

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Afternoon all!

Not sure what I'm doing today but I'll get some miles.  It turns out I might be able to do the 10 mile trail race this weekend after all.  I haven't decided if I will plan on it and rest up or do my regular thing.

**Ask me about streaking**

moonlightrunner

Planning 3 after work today. Yesterday's run was great...only about 20% of the trail is snow! It is soooo nice to run on dirt. I managed my first face plant of the year. No scars...but a nose bleed... so I think it counts.  Going to the disc tomorrow to find out why I have developed drop foot and muscle weakness in my left lower leg. It was the flop foot that caused the fall.

Mt: I missed it...what is wrong with your heel?

I recall the onset but not the diagnosis.

Happy trails!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Sandy-2

Sandy-You just bounced back from a calf strain quickly, any tips for speedy

recovery?

Classic R.I.C.E. method (rest, ice, compression and elevation).

I think the "rest" and "compression" are the most important.  Especially the "compression", wear a compression sock or wrap it with an Ace Bandage.  If it's really bad wear a compression sock or warp during the day (I usually last a few hours in the morning).  I also apply a bit of a homeopathic stuff called Traumeel (http://www.traumeel.us/) under the wrap, not sure it is real or in my head (I don't care either way), but it seems to help.  Then come back slowly, don't push too quickly or you will re-injure it (I have learned that the hard way).

FYI, my last one wasn't that bad because I stopped running the instant I felt it coming on and walked home.  Kinda nipped it in the bud before it got really bad and then followed the above.

Good luck, hope you get better soon.  Sorry about your having to skip your race (been there done that too).

tbd.

Classic R.I.C.E. method (rest, ice, compression and elevation).

I think the "rest" and "compression" are the most important.  Especially the "compression", wear a compression sock or wrap it with an Ace Bandage.  If it's really bad wear a compression sock or warp during the day (I usually last a few hours in the morning).  I also apply a bit of a homeopathic stuff called Traumeel (http://www.traumeel.us/) under the wrap, not sure it is real or in my head (I don't care either way), but it seems to help.  Then come back slowly, don't push too quickly or you will re-injure it (I have learned that the hard way).

FYI, my last one wasn't that bad because I stopped running the instant I felt it coming on and walked home.  Kinda nipped it in the bud before it got really bad and then followed the above.

Good luck, hope you get better soon.  Sorry about your having to skip your race (been there done that too).

Concur. I found compression socks and rest to be the most effective treatment of all for my (self-diagnosed) calf strain. I also cut out all speedwork for the weeks leading up to my half marathon and by race day it actually felt pretty good. My mileage was pretty low as well leading up to the race.

Sorry about your race 

Gator eye

Even though the weather was agreeable this morning, I did 6 miles of hill work on the treadmill. The treadmill is about the only place I can get any sort of real hill work done. One mile warm up at 2.5%, one mile at 7.5%, half mile at 15%, one mile at 7.5%, another half at 15%, back to 7.5% for a half, down to 2.5% for a half,  then 0% for the final mile.  For a flatlander this workout just plain hurt, I actually think it worked my heart and lungs harder than my legs.

I ended up taking a week off for my calf strain. Been doing lots of heal raises and stretches lately and it is finally starting to feel strong again.