Trailer Trash

Mondaily (Read 28 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Got no catchy rhyme today.

Usual SRD, but rode bike in to work and will ride home for lunch and then back again for afternoon shift.  Nice easy run with DW yesterday around an old reservoir trail system.  Just heard they are going to blow another dam at a different reservoir (Carbaugh Run).  PA DCNR says it's too costly to upkeep the old dam and they don't use it for a water supply anymore, so away it will go and back to a creek.  This will disrupt the trails near it for a bit, but then they should be fine.

Nice job on races Gatsby and Lace.  Can't wait to hear hoe the beer mile went at Leadville.

QOTD:  DW got a pair of Newtons and loved them on her first run.  Any Newton users here?  They look more mainstream than they did when the first came on the scene.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Had a wonderful weekend backpacking and trying out my new Tenkara rod (Japanese fly fishing).  Sadly the smoke is back as well as the heat  .  Probably strength train this evening

qotd- never heard of them, must be out of the loop 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Sadly the smoke is back as well as the heat  .  

Saw some pics of smoke from John M on FB.  Amazing the area being hit with smoke. Sad for the firefighters who lost their lives.

Nice fish, by the way.

Gator eye

Rest day.

QOTD: gave them some serious thought but my feet were liking the Hoka's. Not so much love for the newest model of Hoka so I might take another look when the time comes.

runtraildc

Got in 7 miles yesterday near the in-laws.  Perfect running weather except for the 20 mph winds.  Heading out shortly with BiL's GSP and I'm attaching DH's garmin to his collar to compare distance and speed.

qotd- nope

DigDug2

Easy 6 at lunch today.  Sore legs from yesterday's run - need to spend more time on the trails vs. roads, not used to picking my feet up so much.

QOTD:  no - I'm not very adventurous when it comes to shoe brands and tend to stick with what has worked in the past (although I did buy a pair of Hokas that I like).

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 12 yesterday...first long run since my race 3 weeks ago.  Hmm...   no run this am but may run after work with the mutts...we shall see.

QOTD:  When they first came out weren't they promoted to increase your time because of how the sole was made?  Otherwise I know nothing.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Still recovering from my epic run yesterday  .  Will probably get out for something this evening - distance course tbd.

Kids started school today.  Youngest in Kindergarten.  This will be the only year that all three are in the same building.  It's a weird feeling to have all three in school.  Saw them off this morning and then got to see DD get off the bus at lunch from K.  She was all smiles!

QOTD: Unless they are fig newtons, sorry no.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Watoni

SRD. Having run even short distances two days in a row taxed the ankle, glad I rode both days as well Wink

QOTD: Newton is designed to promote a forefoot strike and has lugs that are supposed to promote that strike and "rebound" The issue for me is that their trail shoes get meh reviews so they are not for me (yet).

NHLA

5.5  miles

QOTD  haven't tried them yet.

Daydreamer1

Spending the day at work so it's a rest day. Legs actually need it. I ran a 14+ mile trail run with a few rocky areas on Saturday and wore my    NB 1210's. They really beat up my feet and legs. Yesterday was a 13 mile road run and that just added to the stress on the legs.

QOTD: I tried a pair on once. Spent some time running with them in the parking lot of the shoe store. I might have been willing to try them just for road running but not on trails. My impression was that with the lugs you could have a more unstable shoe.  Is she planning on using them on trails or just road?

XtremeTaper

Late post today. No run yet, but I believe a French Creek Park run is in order this evening. I'll look to get in 8-9 miles. Evening running over there is starting to push the sunset envelope. Nothing long this weekend but I did get for the Green Lane lake loopie Friday evening then some shorter runs on Saturday and Sunday.

QOTD: Nope.. currently an Altra Lone Peak fan. See no need to change what's working.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: I tried a pair on once. Spent some time running with them in the parking lot of the shoe store. I might have been willing to try them just for road running but not on trails. My impression was that with the lugs you could have a more unstable shoe.  Is she planning on using them on trails or just road?

She got their trail shoe.  We did a rocky run and she said she wasn't slipping much.  They really land you on the mi-foot. but she like the feel.  I know, like with most shoes, they have a real cult following.  I didn't like the way they made me feel like I was leaning forward.  The company has been around for a while (Boulder, CO) so thought maybe more trailers had tried them.

Sandy-2

Looks like we averted two 'issues' this morning; Typhoon Goni turned closer to Japan than expected (not so good for Japan, although we are feeling the effects with really strong winds and rain) and the tensions in the North have eased a bit.

Due to the high winds I decided to sleep in this morning (didn't take much convincing), hopefully I can get in 5 after work today.

qotd:  Nope.

tbd.

some call me Tim

5 at a pretty quick pace to shake the demons out today, then a bunch of trail maintenance. Good to have.

qotd: Stick with what works? I hear that. Stuck on Inov-8 the past couple years so I never made it around to the Newtons