Trailer Trash

Terrible Twos Tuesdalies!!! (Read 28 times)

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I think I ran 4.5 but left early enough to run further but Jack (who could be 2 or 3) took off after a deer.  I had him on a  handle leash but let go when I couldn't control both dogs.  Off into the woods he went.  I keep calling him and finally I bush whacked into the trees.  I got to a spot where I last heard him and called his name.   Earl whined and barked and I told him to shut up.   But I heard nothing.   Than I saw the blue handle of the leash about 12 feet away.   I thought crap it broke off and he's gone.  Climbed down the hill and there sat  Jack, still leashed and tied to a tree.   The bad part is we wasted time and the good part was I discovered a pretty cool mine with the old rail tracks for the gold barrels.

QOTD:  Do you avoid starting the dailies because you can't think of a QOTD?   Sometimes I do.   That's when I usually through out a question like your favorite color (most said camouflage).

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Watoni

Nice story, Sue (at least a good ending) Smile

I am hoping for about 5 at lunch on some terrain I am probably not ready for fitness-wise. Will post some pics. Also spent the morning seeing the kids off to their first day of school and making some gelato -- starting some ad hoc taping on my phone that may become an amateur hour vlog ....

QOTD: Nah, I never post a QOTD Smile

QOTD 2: Directly contradicting what I just posted above: Does anyone here (other than Lace) get gear from companies to test? I do not, but am going to post some reviews anyway if I ever get around to it Smile

AT-runner

Tim

URD today. Got a text from DS yesterday that his plane ride from Baltimore to Portland had been cancelled, so DW picked him up and we had a nice evening and just got back from a shopping trip and lunch. In a hour, we'll take him to the airport for his flight home.  Nice surprise visit and it only cost him a days work and us a shopping trip and gas.  They never stop being your kids.

Sue - maybe there's still some gold left in them there hills. Glad dogs are safe.

QOTD: I can usually think of something, but I might wait if I've started the dailies a few days in a row so someone else can ask a question?

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

NHLA

8 miles 1 hr 2 min on Ecco Mt. Cool front!!  Felt great.

QOTD  yes.

NorthernHarrier

Our weather here is just awesome. Temp in the 60's with no humidity, cool nights, and no bugs. Fantastic little stretch that could just last year round and it wouldn't bother me a bit.  There are actually some trees that are showing some early color which I am not quite ready for.  Got in 10 miles this morning on the tech trails at Blue Mounds. Great run in this weather and I had the place to myself.

QOTD--these days I am hanging more on the peripheral so seldom start anything or have a whole lot to say. However imho I would prefer less running related questions and more general life questions. Yes we all like trail running, what else trips your trigger?

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I bagged everything last night.  I felt like crap both physically and mentally.  I do not know why so I just bagged the run I had planned and went to bed early.  Unfortunately I did not sleep well - that makes several nights in a row.  So I bagged the early morning run too.  I will try try again tonight.  The temps and humidity look great for this week so I need to get out there and just do it.  My energy levels have been really wonky lately.  I think I need to go back to taking a multivitamin.  It's been a while.  I don't feel this is enough to make a doctor's appt plus I am also in the process of changing my PCP and cannot get in to the new one until November.  Fingers crossed things change soon...

QoN - that's a little scary but good outcome for Jack.

QOTD: Generally no.  I can come up with any sort of question even if it's nonsense.  I could start to go Freudian on the group if you want me to but...

QOTD2: No gear.  I wish I could.  Not sure how to go about doing that.  I don't have the time to start researching and emailing everyone to get free gear.  Not so sure I am the ideal tester anyway.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Not sure of the plan this evening. 7 or 8 miles on some trails though. I guess that's the start of a plan. Last night was 8.5 miles out at French Creek on what is normally my Sunday loop, the Mill Creek and Buzzards loop. Big hills and relative remoteness for these parts. Really sort of dark and gloomy down in Mill Creek hollow. Not much evening light gets down there and with the shorter days it's noticeable now. Popping up out of there after a big climb it's like someone turned  the lights back on. Oh, zapped by a bee or wasp pretty good last night. I swore that thing latched and dug in to be sure it's stinger got me.

QOTD: Yes, QOTD2: No, QOTD3: Maybe.

Harrier: Noticed many gold and brown ferns last night.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Jamie:   Your just experiencing the low you feel after putting in months of training and planning for the 5K you just performed.    No hope you  fell better.  

Harrier:   I like the non-running related too because I really don't take this running stuff tooo serious.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping to get in a few miles in the evening. Not looking too good though, with kids having music lessons. Sigh.

However, I did a nice 10 miles yesterday, not too much climbing, but some. Love my technical trails again, but need new shoes. My current ones are falling apart, the upper ripping, and the tread worn off. No cushioning left whatsoever, so my feet were beat up quite a bit after all those rocks. I am not sure what to get - they say the new Cascadias are narrower in the forefoot, so I might have to switch to a new model.

Queen: Glad the doggie came out ok. Any idea who had tied him to the tree, or did he wrap the leash around himself by accident?

Watoni: School - whats that?

AT: Well, you got to be with your DS for some extra time. That might justify a URD.

NHLA: Nice speed.

Harrier: Not really my favorite weather (too cold), but if it comes without the bugs, I'd take it anytime!

Jamie: It's going around, I'm hearing many complaints about tiredness and fatigue at work, too. Hopefully just a temporary thing that does not seamlessly merge into the seasonal blues!

Taper: I also notice that fall is approaching, with red and brown leaves on some branches, and of course the shorter days. Why does that have to happen, and, even worse, every year??

QOTD: 1. Sometimes.

2. I was a tester for Brooks shoes for a while, but now my shoe size is just a tad on the "too large" side, so no more test shoes being made for me. I enjoyed it, though.

Run for fun.

LB2

I ran a little over 5 this morning. It looks like I'll get over the 200 mile hump this month, but I'll be pushing a 30 mile run this weekend to get it done. I had one scheduled anyway, so it's no big deal.

QOTD: Yes. I often do not post the daily because I can't come up with a good question. I always have wonderful questions when I am running.

QOTD2: No. But send me something, I'll try it. I will be putting up a review of the Flipbelt; I should get mine in tomorrow. I'll use it on a long run and let ya'll know something.

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all! little DS and I are heading to our 5k trail race shortly.  Part of a summer evening trail series in my hometown.  Kinda like this evening, midweek race thing.

QoN:  Glad you found Jack.  Almost lost my mom's cavalier king charles pup the same way.  Found him before he became coyote chow.

qotd:  sometimes, no and yes, I like the non-running questions best. They're just hard to come up with sometimes.

Daydreamer1

Today was my scheduled long run day. Got in over 20 for sure, may have been as much as 24. Explored some new trails. Got out later then I wanted to but it was still a nice day. Breezy and mostly cool in the shade.

QOTD 1: Yes. I'm another one of those people who can think of them when I'm doing something else but forget what they were when it's time to post.

QOTD 2: Nope. Wish I did.  I like reading gear reviews.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

FTYC:   I quit my Cascadia's because they felt tighter in the forefoot.   Felt like I was putting on ski boots.  I bought the NB Leadville shoes which are comparable and I do like them.   Farthest run has been 12 miles but they are made for people who run things like Leadville.     Ya may want to try them.

Jack tied himself around the tree...Earl knew where he was the whole time...hell he's a hound dog so I should just let Earl lead.  

Sandy-2

Did a quick 5 miles in the windy rainy Typhoon Goni conditions last night and then went out to a business dinner and didn't get in 'til late.  Goni hit Japan, but we still got some wind and rain (it was ok, we needed the rain pretty badly.)  But I dragged my butt outta bed this morning and did another 5.  Really the only thing that got me going was the cool sunrise sky.  Didn't bring my camera, but it was yellow, orange, red, blue with some angry dark grey clouds.  Surf was up as well, lots of crashing waves on the beach.  All stirred-up by the same typhoon.

qotd1: I like to give everyone else a chance to start things up (being a half a day ahead it would be easy for me to start it everyday).  But I'll still start it up from time-to-time even if I can't think of a question.

qotd2: Nope.

tbd.

some call me Tim

quick 5 at goal effort on the home trails today. I have another in the mile race series on Thursday that I'm not really sure how hard I'm gonna run (I need the points, though) but other than that I'm done till the race on Saturday. There'll be hikes and whatnot, but that's it.

qotd1: Yeah, if I can't think of anything, I'll wait. When I do post the qotd it's always something that comes immediately to mind.

qotd2: Never been a tester, but I'm sort of working on it. I know myself well enough to realize that even more than free stuff, I love handing out my opinion :P