Trailer Trash

Totally Independent Tuesday (Read 15 times)

LB2

Headed out shortly for a 2+ hour run.

QOTD: What is something or someone most people like but you can't stand?

I hate the Beatles. I don't know why exactly. I just can't stand to hear their music.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Finished my plumbing projects and getting ready for a pool party and the arrival of DS.  He's in Ohio now about 7 hours away.

15 miles bike ride this morning. Nice weather and ass wasn't as sore as last time, so getting used to the addle again. Wore compression brace on knee and seemed to feel good.

QOTD:  Watermelon and peaches.  Absolutely hate the taste of both of them, and I live in an area where bot are grown plentifully. I love grapes, apples, oranges, berries, etc, but for some reason I gag if I taste a peach or watermelon. Oh, and I love the Beatles. Ringo and I celebrated 6 years of FB friendship the other day .  On the other hand, most Elton John songs makes me change the channel.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I ended up running a little over 2.5 hours this morning. I even took a few breaks to count some baby turkeys and check out an old family cemetery that has a couple of confederate soldiers buried in it. That was pretty cool.

AT: I love watermelon. In fact, I could really use some right now.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT: I love watermelon. In fact, I could really use some right now.

That's everyone's response.

DW is cutting some upright now for our party. Someone told me to try the seedless watermelon, and that tasted just as bad to me.

Glad you had a good run. Maybe you're getting that Mojo back.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

After I wake up I'm heading up to a little park to run a bunch of laps on the trail there.  Plan is to run, then hobble, then shuffle then walk until I drop.

QOTD: Hmmmmm. Better not go too far into this one or you all will think I'm the reincarnation of François-Marie Arouet.

So I'll go with something fairly easy.  Fresh fruit, especially cherries.  For some reason most fresh fruit has an acidic taste to me. Once it's canned, cooked or otherwise processed I'm ok with most of it. Except for cherries. I really don't like cherries in any form and that seems to mystify most people as they think I should just LOVE cherries.   I do like fresh citrus fruits.

PS: I was going to mention beer  and coffee but decided I better not as I didn't want to get kicked off the forum .

NHLA

7 miles fire Rd 5050. 1300 ft climb. Beautiful run.

Qotd  Kardachions  can't spell it cause I don't watch them.

runtraildc

3 miles of 'fartleks' this morning on the biker-hiker trail. I use that term loosely, it was overall a sluggish and sweaty run. Did not want to go any further.

qotd: I'll match NHLA's Kardashian's and include cantaloupe. absolutely revolting. Far more disgusting than watermelon, which by the way, actually sounds quite delicious and I'm going to have some. With a beer.

Sandy-2

Happy 4th Everyone!!

15 mi this morning. I woke up with a slight stomach ache for some unknown reason, but I still gave it a go. It just kind of felt bla the whole time but didn't get worse, then when I barfed at mile 11 I felt better.  But overall it was a slow trudge, but I got it done. Did my "weekend 50" over the 4 day weekend.

DD called from the trail this morning while I was out running. She told my DW that she is having a fantastic time and loving every second of it so far.  They are about 25 miles SE of Breckinridge tonight.

qotd: I'd have to say mangos. Oh yeah, a lot of rap and hip hop music falls in there too.

tbd.

Did a little local 5 mile "Rocket Run" race this morning with some RC friends and DH.  2nd overall female, 1st in AG.  Gotta love little local races.  

QOTD: Theme parks like Disneyland.  i hate the crowds and the fakeness.  Bleh, not for me.  Oh, and tomatoes.  For some reason salsa and tomato sauce and cooked tomatoes are fine but a raw tomato is icky.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR