Trailer Trash

Tuesdaily (Read 20 times)

runtraildc

Morning trailers. Got in a hilly 3 in before dawn this morning. DS has another morning swim practice for the HS team, and another friend/runner has a son on the team too, so we planned a run. It was chilly and had she not shown up, I would have delayed. It was on the very quiet roads around the pool.

qotd: Any plans for the holiday weekend, other than thanksgiving? Us, not so much. DH works on Friday. DS1 comes home from college tomorrow and we'll be working on training Chowder. I have my community garden plot to close up for the season, including my onion planting. The weather forecast for parts of the country make me glad we are not travelling.  Sunny and 60 here now.

moonlightrunner

Waiting....my son will be picking me up for my knee scope. I'm hungry, thirsty and have empty stomach bad breath. But...if they can fix something in it and get me back to running...all well worth it

Qotd. Nothing significant except lots of eating.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

LB2

Normal loop this morning; it was muggy but cool. I felt sluggish.

QOTD: I will probably do a little bit of hunting, but it won't get cold again until next week. I'll do a fair amount of running and quite a bit of eating.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Good morning all. Back from Ohio yesterday after football weekend with my BIL. Have a slightly sore throat from all the yelling. Slowly catching up on email and getting back to normal. Had the dogs out yesterday for a run at the lake and usual walk/jog thing this morning. Some neighborhood dog loops planned as well and gym stuff tonight.

Weekend was a great success, Buckeyes beat Penn State 28-17 on Saturday on a chilly damp day to clinch the Big10 east. Rained pretty good in the 3rd quarter of that game but we were on the b-level underneath the upper deck so stayed dry. Game was not as close as the score indicated. Sunday we were up in Cleveland for the Browns/Dolphins game. That was a real good time, chilly but sunny and we had seats in the Dawg Pound which a blast. Easy win for the Browns (41-24) and we were in a celebratory mood from the Buckeyes' win so several many adult beverages were consumed.

I did manage to keep my running streak alive (77 days now) during my trip. Saturday was sort of an ugly but keep the streak going type run of 2 miles on some industrial roads in Columbus near our hotel. Sunday, sort of a foggy beer recovery morning run around the Cleveland waterfront and downtown. That was a fun run, ran down by the lake, rock roll hall of fame, warehouse, flats/river district and back through downtown past the terminal tower. I spent some summer days wandering Cleveland with my grandfather as a small kid

so that brought back good memories.

Friday was my best run, a real trail run at a nature preserve called Blackhand gorge. I lucked out with the weather as it was cold and rainy when I left my hotel but the rain was pushing east and dry when I started my run. The preserve had trails on the east and west side of the Licking River. Bluff and hills surrounded the river here. The east side had the best trails, an out/back section then I found a tiny connector trail to a wonderful single track loop up above the river. The west side oddly enough had a paved asphalt trail but a few sections of single track branched off that. I made a decent short loop over there. Only had time for about 7 miles but it was good start to the trip.

QOTD: Staying home this year. My running friend and his dog will be coming over for dinner.

Moonlight - Best of luck on the scope procedure!

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

I will run 5 mi after work today. Supposed to be yucky 80 deg this afternoon.  For all you cruddy-weather travel sufferers out there... sorry about that.

qotd: Well, there will be eating and running involved.  Thanksgiving with the kiddos, then we'll do our traditional Black Friday opt-outside 20 mile hike on the Lone Star Hiking Trail with 15 to 20 friends. But we're actually going to do it on Saturday this year because some of the gang have to work on Friday, including my DD because her boss made her an offer that she couldn't refuse (time and a half plus an extra paid vacation day), she said that in addition to that it'll be a slow day anyway (she's kinda sorta a paralegal at a medical facility).

tbd.

Ultra Cowboy

Got a Dexamethazone shot yesterday and it made a difference this morning.  Gonna lay low another day.

Wednesday night make Apple pies, Thursday Morning gobble wobble run, 

WYBMADIITY

Save

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run today and unsure it will happen.  It gorgeous here (close to 60 but I am stuck inside.  DD had bball practice tonight and I can't just drop and run since I am one of the coaches.  

XT - from your past years of running Laurel Highlands, do you remember if the RD used to post the application before Thanksgiving or after? And do you remember how much (approximately) the registration cost? I keep looking at the website and nothing yet.  It looks like I have that weekend open so I am looking to go for it.

QOTD: Family stops on Thanksgiving but then work on black Friday.  Probably get our Christmas tree Saturday and start decorating for Christmas.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Dr Jamie - Keep checking the website. If I recall, the form often popped up right about the time of the WS100 lottery. Cost way back was under $100 but it's over that now. I paid $172 the last time I ran it in 2015 so similar to a 100 miler fee. The course is great so worth it IMHO.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

dhuffman63

Trails

Started the coaching program yesterday with a 60 min walk and some core work.  The program has the week day walks in minutes not miles but the long runs are miles.  We'll see how that goes.  Mon and Wed are 2 a day if you want to do them so I guess where the miles start adding up during the week.  So far the pace is actually slower than my 20:00 min miles lately.  I also have access to a online PT which I'll give a go tonight.

qotd: going to DD's on Thur.  Wed night I have to make the cream cheese brownies she requested and then am off on Fri.

I’ve been taking it easy since Sat (coach said rest and I’m down with that). Planning an easy run tomorrow. I’m going to cancel the 50k on 12/8. Neither necessary nor important, plus it’s on pavement, so I’ll go volunteer instead.

QOTD: no real plans other than turkey with friends on Thurs and football on Sat. Friday is not a federal holiday, but I’ll take a few hours of leave and sign off early. Have some things due in court so can’t blow off the day completely.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

3.9 miles easy, more a casual walk with 30-45 seconds of easy running every so often

qotd:  No plans beyond taking it easy for recovery

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Nice day here as well. Ran early before it warmed up and got in 6 miles alone on the trails. 

Moon - good luck. Thought that was next week for some reason. Hope all goes well. Fasting is terrible if you aren’t a morning procedure. 

Jamie - they are doing Montour 24 again next year. Friday, June 26th. 7:00 pm start. 

QOTD: run in the morning, drive to Baltimore (Towson area) for Turkey. Friday, repeat (except we’re having pasta and we’ll be in Dundalk). Weekend looks like cold rain and snow so probably decorate for Christmas, but not the tree yet, we’ll cut one down next week.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Jamie - they are doing Montour 24 again next year. Friday, June 26th. 7:00 pm start. 

Do you have a link to the race information?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

Do you have a link to the race information?

Saw it on their FB page. They just decided 2 days ago. I'll check and post if there is a link.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I saw Montour was back.  But sadly we are leaving for vacation that day.

I also just saw Laurel Highlands app is online - just posted a couple hours ago.  I am torn.  $200.  Seems like a lot of money.  Especially in the middle of Christmas shopping...what's a runner to do????

My favorite day of the week is RUNday