Trailer Trash

Wednesdailies (Read 33 times)

Marley and I had a nice 3 mile trail run this morning. We saw a wood stork up close and also saw a fairly large diamondback rattlesnake, thankfully not too close up.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

LB2

5 to 7 after work. I didn't get to run yesterday. I was tied up all day with jury duty, and then, I didn't get picked for the jury after sitting there all day long. It is a murder trial, and I really wanted to listen to the testimony and see the evidence. Oh well, I think they probably cut me loose because I was the mayor and have some experience in presiding over court proceedings, etc. And, around here, people tend to look toward those positions for all sorts of advice... I have no idea why, but they do. Anyway, I wish they would have cut me loose around noon so I could have gotten in a good run.

Have you ever sat on a jury? if so, how did you like it and what kind of trial was it?

The only jury I have sat on was the grand jury. And we never even heard a case. Soon after I got off the grand jury, our police department put a case in front of the grand jury, a child abuse case with a confession. They found no true bill, and the case was dismissed by the grand jury. We tried to prosecute it anyway because the evidence was quite compelling. It is still ongoing. I guess if you are going to molest a child or kill someone, this is the place to do it.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a quick 5k last night between rain drops.

TT - good to see you back running.  Keep those rattlers far away!

QOTD: I never have got called for jury duty in my 40 years (watch I probably will now!).  I wouldn't mind it. I would love to sit on a jury for a murder trial.  DW says the same thing.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

DigDug2

7 this morning on road/rail trail.  Beautiful running weather - 50-ish and not humid.

QOTD:  Never been called, and as a lawyer would probably never get selected.

AT-runner

Tim

Good morning.  Time to get back to my Wednesday lunch runs.  Chance of rain at noon and I'll try to get in 5 or so on the horsey trails in the Battlefield.

Too soon?

QOTD:  Went through process about 25 years ago for a rape trial.  I got cut loose because I had too many family members in law enforcement.  I was already convinced the guy was guilty, so probably wouldn't have been a good jury member.  (He was convicted)

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

Gym day, still no running.

TT- I had to look up a wood stork.  It must be interesting to see new flora and fauna on your runs!  Maybe not the snake, though.

qotd:  Wrongful death case just out of college.   Horrible story.  5 year old boy fell off his bike and rolled under a moving school bus.  Family sued the bus company; bus company counter-sued as a response.  Bus driver and dad were co-workers.  No one was found liable, but dad was found negligible.  I'll never forget the look on his face when he heard that.  I think the family was, in it's way, looking for some kind of peace and never imagined that possibility.

Occasional Runner

12 miles and a gym workout this morning. Heading out for a business trip this afternoon, so I took advantage of being able to hit the local trails.

QOTD: I was called in when I was 19, but I didn't survive the first round of cuts. Thankfully.

XtremeTaper

Good morning all... 7 miles at French Creek last night with the Lady. We ran the easiest loop I have out there, a nice route on the horseshoe trail that loops towards the west than turns on itself and heads back the other way, sort of circling the firehouse hill without making the climb. Moderate rain showers the entire time but the forest canopy is thick now and the rain did not impact my glasses at all. So green out there. Extra green with the shiny raindrops everywhere. I've always noticed during the rain this time of year that the foliage leans over the trail, like it's trying to find open space where there is moisture. In places last night it felt like I was in a tunnel, with the foliage trying to eat me alive.

QOTD: I've had to go to the courthouse multiple times for jury duty but most times just sat there and was never selected. Once I did get picked for assault/battery case while living in TX. We found the dude guilty, but one idiot in our jury would not agree with our sentencing. Total jerk. The dude had already served most of his time, and it would have closed the books on the case, but this guy not agreeing meant the whole process had to start again (hung jury). It seemed like a waste of time.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

QOTD: I was called several times.  Once I was in a courtroom for jury selection, but didn't make the cut.  The other times I just sat in a waiting room all day and read a book.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

muppy

11.4 trail miles, planned on 7 but loop was longer than u thought.

QOTD I was an alternate on the jury was an alter  on a case involving sexual assault . At first I was sure he's guilty and then as the evidence was presented I don't think he was guilty, so I'm very glad I didn't have to vote  on the case.  Four instance where the girl wrote down what happened she wrote "a story by"and drew smiley faces and hearts around it. He was found not guilty.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Biked to work, strength training this evening

qotd: I've been in law enforcement my entire adult life so I always get bumped out quickly, could serve on a civil jury but have never been called

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Planted stuff this morning but will run today...5 at lunch, after work with running group, or after work with dogs.  I am guessing I will do the running group.

QOTD: I sat on a civil trail and learned all about 100 year floods, excavation, and culverts.    Two neighbors and one put a  in a driveway that the neighbors said it caused their garage to flood.  The driveway folks said it was because of el nino and they lived in a 100 year flood zone and because the other folks put in a tennis court.  Doctors records indicated the suers wife had to treat her anxiety over the flooding (and lost of their business) with a cold bud lite.   really that was in her doctor's notes.  Two of us said not guilty; the rest said guilty.  The experience made me realize I NEVER want to put my fate into the hands of a bunch of idiot on jury!!! They were all taking it personally and saying things like that guys was an asshole...how come his wife isn't here...etc.

I would have preferred a murder or some other scumbag trail.

AT:   funny..

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Hoping for a run later. Weather is not as bad as I feared, but way too cold for my liking. It's 64 degrees.

QOTD: I haven't.

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You OK couchie?  such a short post

Hoping for a run later. Weather is not as bad as I feared, but way too cold for my liking. It's 64 degrees.

QOTD: I haven't.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

Traveling home from vacation.  Temp in the 50-60 range. Where did summer go?

QOTD: Excused from Federal duty once. Don't really want to serve. I work with a lot of cops, have to interact with prosecutors on occasion and of course see too many crooks that I have to deal with. I don't trust the judicial system any more then I trust the crooks.