Trailer Trash

Windy Wednesday (Read 18 times)

LB2

Hike this morning. We went hunting again this morning, and we approached from a different direction this time. Long story short, we walked in there, sat down, and I shot a turkey. Finally!!! It was about a 1.5 mile hike, round trip. I will do something later today also, probably a run.

QOTD: Did you get a stimulus check? If so, what will you do with it?

I did get one this morning. I'll do some home improvement stuff and pay off two bills.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

About to hit a few miles at lunch.  Tomorrow I have a big b-day run planned.  We'll see how it goes.

QOTD: I believe we got ours, was pending yesterday.  We will probably move forward with getting the giant tree in our backyard removed (a big chunk of change) and not sure about the rest.  Some of it will depend on how this all plays out and impacts summer plans.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

Weather was perfect this morning, 48 deg, low humidity and no wind.  Crystal clear, half moon with with either Jupiter or Saturn nearby. Man I wish this would last, but it'll be the same tomorrow and then back to the crappola.  I have been putting in a few extra miles during this good weather window though.

qotd: No stimulus check coming our way, but if we were we'd probably send it to the kiddos. They both will be getting theirs directly.  However, like I mentioned yesterday we will get a tax refund - does that count even if it's our own $$$ ? Although the tax filing date has been extended to July 15, I did them yesterday anyway just to get it done (plus I'm getting a refund).

By the way, I took a deep breath and peaked at the 401k last night.  It's not as bad as I thought since I'm mostly in one of those mutual funds that slowly gets safer-and-safer as my retirement date approaches...  but it still wasn't very pretty.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

strength trained yesterday after work- push-ups sit-ups and pull-ups- saving my legs as I’m headed into the Bob tomorrow morning for four days, will definitely by on snowshoes- Badger Pass is showing 90” of snow! 

need to get packed tonight, TE not going to be happy Smile

Sandy- ditto on my 401’s too, not nearly as bad as I thought

qotd: received ours today; I’ve been eyeballing what may be the most expensive tent on the market, so far it’s just been eyeballing

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

WOW...be safe.

strength trained yesterday after work- push-ups sit-ups and pull-ups- saving my legs as I’m headed into the Bob tomorrow morning for four days, will definitely by on snowshoes- Badger Pass is showing 90” of snow! 

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

thanks- avalanche danger is definitely a concern, we’ll err way on the side of caution; grizzlies are out in force- had a hiker mauled a week ago- so good obviously a concern as well

the only thing that won’t be a concern is stream fords; almost all the water is still locked up in snow, by the end of May however, it usually is the biggest concern

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

Last night, took both dogs out for about 4 miles out on the lake trails at Green Lane. Took the Lady along so we went at her pace. She had a great time, and was starving when we got home. She was so funny, I was doing chores, taking out trash and recyclables when we got home and she just barked away until I finally gave her puppy time (dinner).

Standard 2 mile dog wog this morning around the hood. It felt really cold and chilly out. Brrr brrr brrr for mid April. I ran at lunch up on the local trail for 5 miles or so. Solo run for my "speed work" for the week. I ran an almost identical time as last week... within a few seconds. I will also jog the dogs a few miles this evening and need to mow the yard.

QOTD: Ok, I was not expecting one but I checked my bank account and yes there was one. Not sure I understand the logic but ok. I do have some repairs that need done to some stuff around the house and so plan to hire that out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interval Wednesday, but only because my 10-day cycle happened to coincide with that.  My club can't meet anyway because of the ban on groups, besides the track is closed.  Ran 5 x half mile intervals around one of the Immaculata U parking lots as measured by Garmin.

Mike - 90" of snow? You'd never find TE in that.

qotd: stimulus check deposit is pending, so it should be posted tonight.  I'll set it aside to help pay my annual auto and renters insurance premiums.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

moonlightrunner

Be careful...but I hope you have a great time!

thanks- avalanche danger is definitely a concern, we’ll err way on the side of caution; grizzlies are out in force- had a hiker mauled a week ago- so good obviously a concern as well

the only thing that won’t be a concern is stream fords; almost all the water is still locked up in snow, by the end of May however, it usually is the biggest concern

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mike - 90" of snow? You'd never find TE in that.

TE is sitting this one out Smile

Be careful...but I hope you have a great time!

Thanks!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Hi all. 6 miles of wogging thru some new trails with Chowder this afternoon. Right as we were leaving the house, the UPS man arrived with his new Ruffwear trailrunner hands-free leash. https://i.imgur.com/IMuTKIp.mp4  

(please tell me if you can see the video. Need to see if we can post short videos more directly here). As you can see, he's still pulling like a sled dog, but much more comfortable and safe for me.  Worked pretty well. Need to make some adjustments.

qotd; Nope. maybe one will come. Or not.

LB2

Well, I actually paid off three bills and a nice chunk out another one, bought some new Altra Superiors, a pair of On Clouds for my wife, a weed eater, and two rocking chairs. I'll sit on the rest. I guess I feel stimulated, but I didn't really need the stimulus check to be honest. I am thankful that I didn't, but I am thankful that I got it.

LB2

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

The winds have settled down here, so I did 8.5 miles today after work. Now I’m really tired. 
                            There is some damage on trees from the wind, but way less than I had expected. All of my “signature trees” ( trees that stand out for a variety of reasons, and they usually serve as some kind of marker for me, like for distance, or “time to speed up”, or an upcoming turn) are still standing, so I was happy for them.

QOTD: I just checked, and yes!!, money arrived. 

Run for fun.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

No run today and no stimulus  check

qotd:  we usually have to pay IRS so maybe we will get a paper check.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄