Trailer Trash

Time is on my side Tuesdaily (Read 32 times)

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Got in 5 1/2 late last night.

QOTD: I got nothing once again.

LB2

I got in 5 dark miles this morning, taking it pretty easy.

QOTD: Do you have a pretty good balance in your life right now in regards to running/family/work?

Right now, I have a perfect balance, which seems a bit strange to me considering the amount of running I have been doing lately. I just feel like I am in a pretty good place all the way around right now.

LB2

Sandy-2

I plan to do a few easy miles after work today.  Just kind of keeping loose and somewhat in shape.

qotd: I'm coming off a heavy training/run schedule from this spring early summer and now I have noting planned and I'm kind of in recovery mode.  With a move coming up it is good to downplay the running over the next few months. A good balance I guess.  However...  I have been peeking at the spring time run schedule.... just a little bit.

tbd.

DigDug2

7 on the roads this a.m.  Humid, heavy legs, but otherwise a good run.

QOTD:  I think so.  I'm planning on upping mileage and weekend long runs over the next couple of months - this isn't a family/life issue in terms of time, as I usually get my runs in early, but I'm slightly worried about being too tired on Saturday/Sunday afternoons to be fun and energetic with the kids.

Birdwell

QOTD: I think it works for the most part. The biggest thing I need to do is get back on an early morning run schedule, especially for the weekends. I'm sure my wife would have something else to say, but I'll let her speak up if she chooses to 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Folks!  got a nice 6 mile run in this morning, it will only be a week or two and I'm going to have to carry a headlamp- days are shortening!  was a little off my normal pace, but not terribly so and the legs felt better than I expected Smile

qotd: pretty good balance, my Saturday long runs take a good chunk of time away from family things, but other than that I'm up early to run (DW is still in bed when I get home) and my Sunday run is on the short side as well

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

NorthernHarrier

I was all set to brag about eating cinnamon rolls I made and drinking my coffee on the deck on a perfect morning when I was stung by a couple wasps'. Upon investigating I see a nice wasp nest underneath the upper deck that hopefully I'll be able to deal with later tonight. Yowzer though. And keeping with the bug theme, the deer flies are thick and nasty. I sacrificed an old Packer hat and safety pin strips of fly paper to the top to wear while running. It looks obscene after just an hour. I'm not having a good bug year.  But we persevere.

Gonna head to the Sylvania wilderness for an epic run thru old growth pine and hemlock later today and maybe Tr. or Fri. a long run in the Porkies. I like being on vacation. 

QOTD-Total balance these days but I sure would like to lose the work thing.  But I also am in a different place than many of you as you guys are building and training for events where as I am old, senile, and mostly retired now from that stuff.(visualize Mr. MaGoo)  But I have to say I am halfway interested in building things back up a little to do a couple more longish epic runs. We'll see.

moonlightrunner

Nine muggy hot miles after work. I jsbe been spoiled by the very cool weather. It is supposed yo be 90.

Qotd: right now things ate great. DD is back with her SOO. I always expect it to change. When she and grand kids are back....running gets interrupted. Also elder needs of my parents can derail my runs. Family first.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Gator eye

10 road miles this am

QOTD: work seems to be invading my play time way to much lately. Looks like my long runs are going to be pushed to Sundays for awhile

moonlightrunner

10 road miles this am

QOTD: work seems to be invading my play time way to much lately. Looks like my long runs are going to be pushed to Sundays for awhile

Hey Gator, my run buddy and I are going this weekend for one of the training runs at the potto being put on by running fit. Come join us!

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

It was kind of sticky for our 5 mile trail run.

QOTD:  Yes, that became easier since I retired,

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

AT-runner

Tim

Did some exploring today to check out an area that was recently logged.  They left a dirt road behind, so I did some ridge running and took in the views.   This was a pretty dense forest 2 years ago.

QOTD:  Empty nesters now, so balance is pretty easy.  Helps that DW is a trail / ultra runner as well.  When kids were younger, I had to get creative to find a balance.  My love for night running started over 20 years ago when kids would go to sleep and I'd head outside for an evening run.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

AT: That area still looks pretty. Loggers can sure mess up a place when the briars take over. But it does add some good habitat for wildlife with the openings.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

AT: That area still looks pretty. Loggers can sure mess up a place when the briars take over. But it does add some good habitat for wildlife with the openings.

Here is a picture at the top.  The only problem I have with the logging is we tend to lose some excellent trails.  But I know it's necessary, and they do a pretty good job of setting up for recovery.  As a plus, I never knew this view was here because the trees were too dense.  It's amazing how fast the brush is growing, and I plan on stopping by this area in the fall to take in some colors.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

I got in 13.1 miles. It was supposed to be over 20. Plans were to do a loop on a 1/2 marathon course then head out for some more miles. For some reason my legs just got beat up really bad so I called it a day earlier then I had planned. That probably saved me from getting carried away by the deer flies. The bastards were horrible again today. Thinking about a short road run this evening.

QOTD:  I'm able to balance the running/family/work part pretty well this year. It's the maintenance of the house and vehicles that's suffering.