Trailer Trash

Wild Weekender (Read 17 times)

LB2

i ran 30 last night, probably a little too fast in 5:21. But it felt easy. My quads are a little more cooked than I thought though. I may rest today or go for a hike. I think suffering through the intense heat this summer has paid off.

QOTD: any big plans for the weekend?

I am just relaxing I think I like these Friday evening long runs.

LB2

Sandy-2

Hey LB2, nice run.

I did 20 mi this morning.  It was nice and cool. I ran on the local county trail along the creek, it's nice but it's a blacktop hike/bike trail and not a natural path.  There is a horse trail that parallels the paved one, but it's filled with sand so... not so hot to run on.  But I do get on to it at some spots where it's more dirt than sand.  Anyway, the trail was officially closed but I didn't know that when I started at 5:30.  I only found out when I was  at the turn-around 10 mi from my car and bumped into a maintenance guy.  He told me if the constables catch me they'll give me a summons. He told me to run back to my car, so I said "ok".   I spent the next 10 mi dodging 2 other maintenance guys by jumping on the horse trail and looking over my shoulder for any constables.  Made it back w/o any problems.

qotd: No plans.  I do have to fly out for a business trip on Sunday evening, so I guess I'll need to pack at some point.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Nice job on the run LB.... was it a loop you were runing?  I'm sitting here wasting time on the computer.  Can't decide if I should go for a run or dive right into the chores.

Qotd:  We watch Whey Jennings play by looking over a wall.  He was a good singer but he's drummer was bad and pissing him off.  I felt bad for the drummer as you could tell that the more Whey got pissed the more he nutted up.  Today chores and maybe a run.  Tomorrow I turn 55.  Longish run in am up at Tahoe were a friend is running the Tahoe 200 so we may try to hook up with her.  Then plan is to run the Hah  Harrier ..drink some beer ... have the old man take me to dinner.

Sandy:  Was your second half spilt when you were dodging the law faster than the first half.  

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 7 with DW on the AT and some side trails. Saw some nice horsey people and 2 dogs. The leader was experienced, but 4 other eiders looked like newbies. The leader was really happy we stopped to walk by the horses and thanked us over and over. I told her "horses have the right away", and she said "not everyone believes that".

Saw a hiker out there who said he was running out of food. He was looking at a map, and we told him where to go and get off trail to get to a Rutter's (gas station).  He looked pretty shell shocked, so probably only a section hiker who was in over his head. He'll figure it out.

QOTD:  Cleaning up yard from storm damage. Watch some college football.  Tomorrow we're going to Hershey, PA to see Van Morrison, Willie Nelson and Cheryl Crow in concert.  We're going for Van Morrison, but the others will be entertaining.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Daydreamer1

Sitting at work for the third weekend in a row. Watching the weather channel following the progress of the storm.  Legs are actually sore from the elliptical work outs followed by the bike ride yesterday so I can use the break.

LB2 - Sounds like a good run and like your training is on target for your race.

Sandy - Bad boy, bad boy, whatcha gonna do when they come for you, bad boy, bad boy .  Should have stopped at Dunkin and taken along a bag of bear bait to drop while you were running away .

Queen - Happy Birthday.  Make sure you cost the old man a lot at dinner. You deserve it and you are worth it .

AT - Have fun at the concert.  That sounds like an eclectic mix.

QOTD: Work 24 today, hopefully walk/run 5 miles tomorrow then follow that up with another 12 hour night shift.  In other words, boring stuff.

runtraildc

Got in just over 5 miles this morning, early. Nothing to write home about, but it got done.

qotd: now it's errands, including packet pick up for tomorrow's race (paved trail HM. deifinitely not a road race ) . I also have 25 lbs each of tomatoes and peaches that need to be dealt with.

LB2

Sue: yes. It is a 2 mile loop. Unfortunately, I rarely seem to get things right on race day. Once I realize I have it made, I sort of goof off the last 40 miles most of the time. I will try to stay focused this time.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 miles including some fartlek running around the course cheering the Immaculata University xc teams. The women won decisively taking places 2-6 for 20 points.

qotd: only plans are watching football and keeping an eye on Irma. Oh, and starting to obsess over the weather for NC 24.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

AT-runner

Tim

5 miles including some fartlek running around the course cheering the Immaculata University xc teams. The women won decisively taking places 2-6 for 20 points.

qotd: only plans are watching football and keeping an eye on Irma. Oh, and starting to obsess over the weather for NC 24.

Are they using you as a volunteer coach?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Are they using you as a volunteer coach?

I wish. I offered but was turned down. The head coach left and last year's assistant took over. She said with the changes the admin didn't want more changes on top of that - which I took to mean admin doesn't want the paperwork and she doesn't really want my help though she's happy to have me cheer for the team.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Queen- Happy Birthday!

DW and I went to Bozeman last night to see Bonnie Raitt- good show, didn't realize that she was that accomplished of a guitarist.  Got back home this morning to choking smoke so..... 4.5 miles on the treadmill and strength trained while I was there.  The good news is that air has cleared significantly this evening; if it stays that way I'll get 10-12 miles in tomorrow.

qotd: see above Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run tonight.

Nice LRs LB2 and Sandy.  You make it sound so easy.

QOTD: No big plans.  Today I started building a gaga ball pit for the kids.  Just google it.  It is a real thing.  I should be able to finish it tomorrow and they should be happy to play that for a long time.  Our backyard is starting to become a bit of a kid's dreamland.  Recently I finished a double set of monkey bars and now the gaga pit.  I need to get a new ball for our tether ball pole and I also want to put in a slack line.  If I could only get the grass to grow well?!?

Have a great rest of the weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD: No big plans.  Today I started building a gaga ball pit for the kids.  Just google it.  It is a real thing.  I should be able to finish it tomorrow and they should be happy to play that for a long time.  Our backyard is starting to become a bit of a kid's dreamland.  Recently I finished a double set of monkey bars and now the gaga pit.  I need to get a new ball for our tether ball pole and I also want to put in a slack line.  If I could only get the grass to grow well?!?

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Sounds like fun. Looks like the more kids the better.

We had "the backyard" when kids were young. I build a half-pipe for DD#1 and DS and we had a trampoline and pool (still have that). Then DS built some dirt ramps in the back for his BMX jumping (he could flip).  Some neighbors wouldn't allow their kids in our yard; I don't know why. 

Slack line and GaGa sounds like only a start for you.  A nice heavy tarp and the GaGa pit could become an ice rink in the winter.

AT-runner

Tim

URD today. DW was on the phone all morning with her rapidly aging parents. Her mom is having some heart issues. The call was during our window of running time.

Heading out now to Hershey for a concert.  Might stop at Troegs Brewery on our way.

Warden - Bonnie Raitt is on Rolling Stones Top 100 guitar player list. She plays a mean slide guitar.

DW performed last night at Battlefield Breworks.  Here she is singing "Me and Bobby McGee"

muppy

Happy birthday Queen!

Nice runs LB2 and Sandy!

Mr and Mrs AT,  enjoy your concert,  you have beautiful weather!

5.9 trail miles yesterday. There is a concert down the road from where I work, I just said good morning to Sheryl Crow and her family and I'm pretty sure Van Morrison is playing shuffleboard in our sports complex. So yeah, you could say I'm like almost famous!

QOTD  Last night we went to a comedy show and dinnerwith a bunch of friends Today after work I need to clean my car out to sell it because I just bought a truck.  I hate selling cars!