Trailer Trash

ThirstDay (Read 18 times)

LB2

I totally blew it off this morning. I hope to redeem myself after work.

QOTD: What is the worst part of your summer running?

Horseflies. I set my clock extra early to get in a few extra miles this morning before daybreak, which is when they come out.

LB2

Daydreamer1

Planning 6-8 miles of speed work today. I'll mix in some of my brand of working on my stride length, with some sprinting and recovery times thrown in for good measure.  If DW goes for a walk I might meet her at the end and walk the last mile. Of course it's raining right now so she might not go. She thinks she's so sweet she'll melt .

QOTD:  I'll have to go with the horseflies and deer flies as well. Several years ago I cut a few runs short because of the bastards. Deet doesn't seem to help.  Sunblock seems to draw them.

LB2

QOTD:  I'll have to go with the horseflies and deer flies as well. Several years ago I cut a few runs short because of the bastards. Deet doesn't seem to help.  Sunblock seems to draw them.

I used to wonder what horseflies ate, and suddenly it dawned on me that it was ME that they were eating. But the point to my question to myself was, "What purpose do these bastards play in the ecosystem?" Like, do they eat mosquitoes? I cannot find any evidence that they eat anything but blood from mammals, and that is only the females. The males spend their time eating pollen and nectar. Nevertheless, I don't think I have seen one mosquito this year, and I live in SE Louisiana, about 40 miles north of Baton Rouge. I guess the bats are getting a bunch of mosquitoes.

LB2

muppy

6.3 early morning miles around town.

QOTD It's a toss up between horseflies ( I got 5 new bites on Tuesday from them evil things) and the heat and humidity (I'm a big fat sweaty guy).

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I too blew off my run this morning so I am there with you LB2.  Not sure how I will make it up.  Celebrating 15 years of wedded bliss today - we went away last weekend so not really doing anything special today.

Ahhh...that reminds me of Watoni who always refers to his DW as his bride. Where has he been? And for that matter Trail tromper? and JMCtav23? Dani? James? Argghhh so many people....

QOTD: Humidity.  Hate it with a passion.  Deerflies do suck though.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

IRD for me, probably going to be awhile before I try another run; hiking doesn't seem to aggravate my ankle???

My DGD about to bag her first peak

qotd: Heat, bugs aren't bad here

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I also blew off my morning run and the Weds night run with the group...last night made sense.  I have a bladder infection and wanted to PU medicine.  TMI? I don't think so since Muppy mentioned chaffing of a certain area yesterday.  I still want to get some run in after work.  Gym at lunch.

QOTD: Barbeques where I drink too much and have a hard time running the next day.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Another slacker here, just wasn't feelin the love this morning.

QOTD: Humidity suck, horseflies are a great pacer, if they start hitting the back of your head you know your slowing down. go to slow and you get bit.

NHLA

6 hot humid miles this morn.

qotd  try ultra muskol 40% deet  last 6 hours. I also have deep woods off whipes in pack in case I forget bug spray.

I don't mind the heat. I just try to maintain 50 mpw and run hard when I can.

AT-runner

Tim

Looks like slacker day all around, and I joined in.  Had a lot to do today, and when I wanted to get out, thunderstorms were moving in, so I bagged my run and kept on working.  I think just the other day I answered that I rarely do an URD, so maybe I need to change my answer. Oh well, nothing coming up until September, so I earned a day off.

On the bright side, I finished working on a coffee and end table that I've been working on, so it's a good day when I finish a project.

QOTD:  I spray my hat and pack with bug spray (and always wear a hat) so flies aren't too bad for me.  I HATE running through spider webs, especially when it's hot and I'm all sweaty.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Another easy day around the neighborhood.

QOTD: Possibly the most annoying is sweat dripping into my eyes even using a sweat band.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Sandy-2

I went to the doctor yesterday for the PF but he wasn't in. It's easiest to start with just a walk-in here so sometimes its hit-or-miss, but now I do have an official appointment for later today (Fri).  Since I had some time yesterday (Thurs), I did end up doing about 3.5 miles after work. Typical of PF, it was cruddy to start, warmed up to a tolerable "dull roar" but still can't really push-off hard during the run, and then it ached for hours after the run.  Hopefully the Electro Shock Wave Therapy that they will apply later today will help (I'm sure the Doc will also tell me to take 2 weeks off too).

Nice photos !!  mt, cute tagalong.  AT, I like the tables.

qotd: The heat and humidity is the worst.

tbd.