Trailer Trash

Sunny Sunday (Read 27 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Was out before sunrise but boy when it came out, it was brilliant! Got in 14 miles on the Appalachian today - sure was slow but was consistent.   I saw two deer today and both times the deer ran from the trail about 8-10 feet off the trail and then stood staring at me.  I stopped both times, neither budged.  Either I am the deer whisperer or the least intimidating human around.  I will go with the first.  Also saw two cats.  Yes cats.  One did know I was there until I meowed at it, then it ran faster away from me than any wildlife have.  Guess I am intimidating after all.  Until I got to the second cat - it ran down the trail toward me and then off a couple feet...glaring at me.  What's with all the cats on the trail?!?

QOTD: Ever have any encounters with non-wild/domesticated animals on the trails?

Have a great day and Memorial day tomorrow!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Taking the day off.  Hopefully hike a couple of miles to lounge at the river and soak up the sun we are getting today.  If not chores and I am motivated either way.  Long run was complete yeterday.  Tonight I am going to the trail running film festival.

Qotd:  Well we had a loose dog attack us yesterday.  Just a lot of fake fight between Earl and him.  No blood so didn't really bother me.  I also saw a cat, it was laying low and just staring at us as we passed.

Anyone who calls them self "BoyJame"  screams intimidation!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Daydreamer1

It's far too nice to be spending a day at work, but that's where I'm at . At least I get double time and half for part of it . Still, it would be a great day to be out running.

QOTD:  I'll occasionally see a cat, but only on the short trails close to home. Otherwise It's just the occasional dog that's with it's owner.

runtraildc

Just finished 4.5 miles at the beach and am lounging and enjoying the breeze.  Saw 2 deer this am in my garden- chased them like a mad woman in my pjs, but they just sauntered off a few meters.

Told DH this was the last straw.  I'm getting a dog (one that can run, of course)

Have a good day!

some call me Tim

I didn't expect to run today, but my wife's marathon fell apart early... some kind of unexpected medial quad pain. So I ended up doing 10k on the road and then taking a section of the Finger Lakes Trail back up toward my house. God, what a piece of garbage trail it was - totally overgrown with multiflora rose just like the trails on my property would be if I didn't do any maintenance.

queen: Have fun tonight-- that sounds great!

qotd: OrangeCat. He lives next door about a half mile away. But that's it.

AT-runner

Tim

Ran 94.45 miles and took 2nd at the Sole Challenge 24 hr.  DW was Female 2nd with 76.58 miles.

Short RR - Foot felt great for the first 10:40 min when I ht 50 miles mark just 15 minutes ahead of pace goal.  I was running well  and stated to think everything would be Ok... then wheel fell off. For the next 44 miles every step on my left foot hurt and I started to adjust my gait so then left knee / quad stated to hurt.  Very disappointing as everything else was all- systems-go. DW was having some ankle injuries early on and just pushed through it.  She's stubborn (probably a bit like Couch, and that's a compliment) and mentally tough as nails. Mileages were down this year for most runners as it was warmer yesterday at 82 than the 72 degree forecast, and then temperatures dropped to 36 last night.  I did well with heat, which hurt me last year, but probably because the humidity wasn't too bad.  No shade at all on the course.

Saw Lou Mazza who was Lou-in PA (his name was something like that) from RR forums.  He race walked because he's having degenerative hip issues.  He say's hi.

My friend from the canyon came near the end and helped us pack up - what a lifesaver!  He reminded me that I kicked a rock with my left foot coming down the NK, and I had totally forgot that.  Well at least I know why toe hurts.

QOTD:  Horses on Assateague Island that turned a 20 miler into a 17 miles because they were blocking the trail and were not going to yield.  We were going to add some distance at the end but went for ice cream instead.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Congrats! That is great considering the foot/toe thingy.  And awesome for DW.  I was wondering how you were doing yesterday and knew that some the drastic difference in temps (day vs. night) might play a factor.  Way to go!

Ran 94.45 miles and took 2nd at the Sole Challenge 24 hr.  DW was Female 2nd with 76.58 miles.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

That's some serious mileage considering your foot and the heat.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

some call me Tim

Power Couple! Congrats on a great result, especially considering the complications.

Sandy-2

AT, nice job.

Did I see a message from lace_up the other day? Hey.

Been running over the long weekend (Buddahs birthday today). 5, 5 and 15 miles.

Qotd: there seem to be a few ferrel cats around.

tbd.