Trailer Trash

(Still) Wet Wednesday (Read 21 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Not raining but everything is still wet - crazy wet. I ran 10+ last night.  I ran, wait for it, on an indoor track at the YMCA.  16 laps for a mile.  Lots of laps. It wasn't so bad though.  Better than dreadmill running IMO.

moonlight -- very much enjoyed your description of your run in yesterday's daily.  Keep that stuff coming!

QOTD: What's the weather like in your area recently and what dos it look like in the near future?

Been wet here in the east.  Looks like more wet on the way with the stupid hurricane coming.  I pray for safety for anyone on the coast of VA, NC, SC, and GA.  looks like they will be taking a big hit.

Temps dropped.  Unsure if they will go back up.  We usually have an Indian summer end of September or in October.  I look forward to that.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

runtraildc

Ran 4 miles at the pool last night, dipping into my local creek for a couple of miles of trail. Muddy, but not as bad as I thought it might be. Then found out that our county has closed all the natural surface trails for at least until Friday. Now my trail race this weekend is on hold, but I get it. Ran 5 miles of hills with my running friend. the 70 degrees felt great, even though the humidity is hovering just under 100%.

qotd: wet, humid, foggy and more rain. Kiddo has a XC meet this afternoon and it looks as if it will happen. Then an invitational on Saturday, which is iffy. Though the hurricane impact has been downgraded for our area so it might not be so bad here.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

4 miles on the trails with DW and Tiny E yesterday evening- glorious evening, overcast and upper 60's!

I just finished packing, head out this afternoon to Denver to meet up with the gang.

qotd: we had a couple of hot days last week- upper 80's, but since then upper 60's and low 70's- lows in the upper 40's to low 50's, but no precipitation really to speak of in the last two months; we're walking a shaky tightrope with fire danger- everything is tinder dry and one errant spark.........

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

XtremeTaper

I had a pretty decent 6 miler on the hilly trails of Coventry Woods last night. Much less stumbling and plodding on the rocky parts of the trail so that was good. Made the initial ~2 mile ascent in under 24 minutes. Sure would like to get that back to under 22 but it's a start. Yes, I am weird about tracking times at certain checkpoints on my regular routes. It rained of course, because that's what it does here now in the northeast tropics, but nothing too bad. Heard some thunder in the distance but it never amounted to a storm.

Plan today? Hit the muck for 6 or 7 miles this evening.

Doctor checkup today. All my numbers look good and my weight is down. I've been staying away from ice cream crack. She recommended shingles vaccine. I may get that on my next visit.

QOTD: Tropics here. We have had one of the wettest summers on record and are above our normal yearly precipitation by a few inches already with 3+ months to go in the year.

Moonlight - Nice post the other night. I don't do much real night running, but last night with clouds and the rain it was definitely dark and twilight like in the woods. I can rarely see the sky where I run. The trees are too thick usually. I do remember a night run I did as a trainer for Superior100. I hit the trail about 8pm, in total darkness. It was a late August night. The noise in the woods from thee katydids was unbelievably loud that night. Startling really.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

WTF? Florence is going to raise havoc on the east coast, hope everyone gets out of the way.  If it stalls like they say, it's going be like Harvey was for us last year.  The Gulf Coast is watching that Orange X #1 very closely.

I'm taking a SRD today 'cause I slept in and have an errand to run after work. My run after work yesterday was a 5 mi soggy wet mess.

qotd: we are even more humid than normal, and that's saying somethin'.

tbd.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yeah, that's a pretty ominous sight.

When Sandy hit NYC, I was down by the East River looking over the Manhattan peninsula .  When the mid-town substation flooded and exploded, I watched all of Manhattan go dark.  One of the most surreal moments of my life.  4 days later and most of Manhattan was still dark and I was running over one of the East River bridges, there was a mass exodus of people dragging their suitcases walking into Brooklyn, which had power.

Hope to get 6 or so in tonight.  A bit cooler, but still very humid.

QOTD:  My car is starting to smell like a gym locker room, since it's been so humid for so long that nothing dries.... shoes, clothes, towels.  Unfortunately, during the week I have to drive with them after the runs until I get home.  Haven't had this issue years prior.  Hope it changes soon.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

2.5 this morning; I lagged a little bit getting out the door.

QOTD: It is the same as Sandy's. I suspect it will continue in the same pattern for the next few weeks.

LB2

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Did 4 last night.

Bert-O - I'll make sure to post up my Bib number for NYC

Jamie - Now you've got me thinking about Boston...I am 34, but get an extra 5 mins of qualifying time since I'll be 35 for Boston 2019...more like dreaming 

QOTD: Lots of rain.  I planted grass seed earlier in the summer and haven't watered it once!

**Ask me about streaking**

valerienv

Thread killer ..

I ran a bit over 7 last night after work .

QOTD: We have not had any rain since July and we had very little in July . No change in the forecast for the foreseeable future . We have a Reg Flag warning ( very high fire danger ) today wind to 35mph . I think we are going to get snow before we get any rain .

moonlightrunner

Jaimie: wow...running laps inside like that...takes a lot of determination. I do t think I could do it.

Rundc: hope your race happens, but with all that coming in it could be dicey.

Warden: you live in heaven...but I hope you get some rain soon.

XT: mud sounds fun! I am thinking of getting the shingles vaccine also if my insurance will pay.

I do love night runs...sounds smells and darkness all so intense. I run without a light when I can...but some trails I need one.

Berto: that scene does sound surreal! The oncoming storm looks disaterous.

LB: at least you went out...I just can't seem to transform to a morning runner

I am not sure I will run tonight. Still babying the knee. Did 6 last night and it did ok.

QOTD: weather here has been perfect. We had some days in the 60's, now heading to "unseasonably warm" 80's. We have pretty boring weather here. Hoping for epic snow this winter.

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I ran 9 with the group...1 peeled off at the 2.5 turn around for 5, 2 others at the 3 for 6...that left 2 of us and I was going to suggest turning at 3.5...but we were talking so maybe the 4 but really at that point might as well go to the end.

QOTD:  Crispy cold this morning.  I have a topless jeep so I was thinking a hat would of been nice.  55.  I think I am getting old as time to put the top up seems to come earlier.  We have a cool week this week, like others west no rain since I don't know when and none predicted that I know of.

Jamie:  Are you Freaking crazy!!!   160 laps...could you walk in a straight line after that?

Berto:  I spent 4 days with no electricity because of snow...it was wonderful.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.1 in a light rain with rumbling thunder in the distance,

Warden: You're welcome to our rain.

Dr J: I used to do a lot of my running on an indoor track until all the turns started giving me pain in the hip and knee. The biggest problem though were the walkers who blocked the entire track slowly strolling side by side.

Happy camping to all the Trail Trashers in CO this weekend.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Agree.  I won't run on the track if there are a ton of people.  Usually the times I run, there aren't.  Last week I was running on the track and a family had their autistic daughter (she was probably late teens or early 20's) with them.  They were all just walking and each at their own pace.  Every so often, the girl would see me coming, do a little jump and take off sprinting for half a lap.  At one point her earbuds came loose and was flopping around.  Her dad later apologized to me for her.  I told him not to apologize and that I quite enjoyed her enthusiasm.  There really wasn't anyone else on the track and it didn't bother me.

5.1 in a light rain with rumbling thunder in the distance,

Warden: You're welcome to our rain.

Dr J: I used to do a lot of my running on an indoor track until all the turns started giving me pain in the hip and knee. The biggest problem though were the walkers who blocked the entire track slowly strolling side by side.

Happy camping to all the Trail Trashers in CO this weekend.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Gator eye

OH FFS Moon!!!!!!

Epic snow.... really??? What the helllll.....

now you take that back

oh yeah I did 8, was planning on ten but I was feeling slow and old and gave up

qotd: what moon said

moonlightrunner

Nope! Not takin' it back! I want epic snow and cold  November 1 through the end of January. Then a February thaw. Followed by an early spring. Don't worry, we don't get epic winters very often. My wishes rarely come true!

Oh..and Gator...old? Really? Slow??? I've seen you run...I think you were imagining things. I am contemplating Yankee Springs 50k this winter. As I recall you ran the 50 miler a few years ago.

OH FFS Moon!!!!!!

Epic snow.... really??? What the helllll.....

now you take that back

oh yeah I did 8, was planning on ten but I was feeling slow and old and gave up

qotd: what moon said

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k