Trailer Trash

Monday Monday (Read 37 times)

Birdwell

Good morning folks!

Planning on 5 or so after work this evening.

QOTD: Do you ever avoid posting here when things aren't going that great running wise?

I do. It seems to have happened a lot over the last month or two. June wasn't a great month.

July has started much better.

Happy trails!

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Morning trailers!

I did my (now) annual charity 100k bike ride yesterday, which ended up being more like 66 miles.  It was a hilly course, and I spent just over 5 hours out there.  Other than a flat tire and lost water bottle at mile 10, it was a really nice day.  My legs are jello today so I don't foresee any running.

qotd: as an afternoon runner, I typically post what I will do that day.  If I don't make the workout, than my post was a lie.  I don't like lying to you fine folks, so when I know I'm not feeling motivated I generally don't post.  There is a strong correlation between my posting here and my training ethic.

**Ask me about streaking**

LB2

I got in some climbing and some weights this morning. I was a little bit behind in my schedule, so I didn't get in as much as I wanted. The weights were great though. Just the last month or so of working out with weights has really benefited my running.

QOTD: No. I still post even if things are not going that well.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Happy Monday.  Had somewhat of a rest weekend, running wise.  Finished cleaning up all the debris from our twister.  My back was killing me from hours of chain saw work, so I took it easy and did 2 short runs on the road.  We have cable and internet back at the house now .  I followed the racers this weekend on my phone.

Nice job, Sandy.  Sorry you didn't make it to the finish line, but can't wait to read your RR and hopefully see some picture.

QOTD:  I usually miss a couple of days posting per week, due to not being online.  Don't know if I ever avoid posting, just get detached from social media outlets.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Occasional Runner

Maybe some hiking today, but we have a long drive from Leadville to Ogden. I don't need to run but I do think I should get my legs moving today.

QOTD: I pull away from social media when things are going wrong with my running because it's a distraction and I try to stay focused on fixing my problems. And this is why I've been so quiet lately.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Folks!  Strength training for me this evening (and riding my bike to work)

qotd: when I was sidelined for a couple of months w/ my stress fracture, my posting definitely declined

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

DigDug2

7 on roads this a.m.  Had a good cutback week last week, took an extra day off yesterday just because.

QOTD:  Yes - running dry spell = posting dry spell.

The pooch and I had a nice, but sticky 7 mile trail run this morning.

QOTD: I am likely to not post on days when I don't run, but I don't avoid it because things aren't going well.

TrailTromper 

Tallahassee, Florida

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good Morning!  This week I get to do 2 minutes running/3 minutes walking.  I need to borrow some more patience from someone.  Anyone?   I also went for a nice hike with NorthernHarrier (Mr. MIA) on Saturday morning.

QOTD: I plead the 5th.  I think that's pretty obvious.

Running is dumb.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

And this is why I've been so quiet lately.

Are you injured?

Running is dumb.

NorthernHarrier

Gonna be an awesome day here, actually all week. Couple spotty showers but temps about 70. Sweet!  Already have 1100yds in the pool and 4.5 on the roads this morning. Now work.  If things go ok I may still get some biking in tonight. Kind of a slow triathlon day. Maybe I can even end the day on a good note (oh honey...).

Hey, I had the good fortune to spend a couple hours on the trails Saturday with our moderator. She is progressing nicely. Probably still in better shape than me. She is being a compliant patient but in due time she'll be hitting the trails with a vengeance. Nice to catch up with her. The only bad thing is she got me actually thinking about an event a ways off during our talks. I thought I was over and past that stuff.....Probably nothing will come of it as soon as I do some longish runs and have a dose of reality.

AT--What kind of chainsaw did you eventually buy? Sounds like it already paid for itself.

QOTD-- No bearing whatsoever.

XtremeTaper

Not sure of the agenda today. I really should get up extra early in the morning and run on days like this when severe storms are forecast as they always seem to hit in the evening but alas I get up at a more civil hour, have breakfast, coffee and work instead. The plan is the usual... 6-8 miles on the trails with the dog. I'd like to run my more open/easier loop at Green Lane but it's weather dependent. I'd rather not be out in an open meadow if it's stormy.

I had a couple decent runs this weekend despite the humidity... 12 mi on Saturday at French Creek and 8 on Sunday at Green Lane. Did run into a trail running asshole yesterday. I think he muttered something about me leashing my dog after he went by. My Lady was being a good girl as always. Granted when I told her to stay she did exactly that but it happened to be in the middle of the trail. Still, dude you are running rocky horse trails and not a track or road. I was almost hoping we'd see him later on the trail and we'd blow right by him.

QOTD: I post on/off, injured or not. Oddly even with 2 knee meniscus repairs I think my longest period of no running has been 3-4 weeks.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Mandy- glad to hear you get to do some running, you were a great source of inspiration when I was injured- my two months were just chump change compared your recovery- I'm very confident you'll be back to 100% before too long Smile

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

AT--What kind of chainsaw did you eventually buy? Sounds like it already paid for itself.

Bought the  Stihl MS271.  Went for the Stihl because of local service (2 miles from my house).  Easiest starting saw I've had, and I worked it hard last week.  We lost 6 trees and parts of others.

AT-runner

Tim

Good Morning!  This week I get to do 2 minutes running/3 minutes walking.  I need to borrow some more patience from someone.  Anyone?   I also went for a nice hike with NorthernHarrier (Mr. MIA) on Saturday morning.

Great news!  Now how does it feel when you do your run/walk cycle?  Can you feel a difference?