Trailer Trash

Friday 6/3 (Read 19 times)

XtremeTaper

The Lady and I managed a long 7 out on the trails of Birdsboro Watershed last night with constant accompaniment of deer/horse flies. Still, beats a road run I suppose. Tonight, looking to get about 12 miles in with some night running. I'll start just before sunset I think. Time to check the batteries.

QOTD: Do you still live in the area where you were born/grew up?

Me, no. I was born in Ohio, left after high school, and lived in CA,TX, and now PA for the longest time. I have not been back to my old "hometown" (I had 2 of them) since my parents retired and moved to FL in 99' I think. My race this month at Mohican will be a mini-homecoming of sorts.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NHLA

six humid miles this morn on mt.

qotd  500 miles from home. Don't visit often.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

7 last night in the hood.  Not sure but looking like today might be a rest day.  Just got back from DS 5th grade graduation.  He is big time now...

QOTD: Nope.  Born and raised in MA but became a PA transplant in the 90's.  So my time here has eclipsed my time in MA so this is home now.  Still love my New England sports teams though...

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I got in 7.4 miles last night.  Thought about our June challenge and went a little farther than my planned 7. 

Today is a SRD, aside from a dog walk on the trails out the front door.

QOTD: I probably live about 10 miles away from the hospital where I was born.  Maybe 6 miles away from my parents.  What can I say?  Aside from that little thing called winter, Madison is a great place to live.

Running is dumb.

muppy

6.01 miles around town.

Congratulations to little Jamie on his graduation!

QOTD I moved around the central PA and Philadelphia area for a long time and ended up in my home town of Palmyra,PA again.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

umm nothing today unplanned rest day???  may go to gym after work...we shall see...my gut is tore up this morning..could be the vegi burger last nigh or you know lady issues. 

QOTD:  I do not. I was born and raised in Traverse City Michigan and would move back in a heart beat if I could get my husband to move!!  Love that place and miss not being near my family.  I now live in Northern California.  I left MI at 23 and I am 53 so you would think I was a Californian but I am a true Michagander!!!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Queen- I was up to Traverse City a couple of weeks ago looking for morals. Sorry to say we found no mushrooms but it did snow. Great area.

We did 6 roads miles this morning to shake out the legs. Temp for Sat. race is going to be in the 80' s with a chance of rain. This is a forecast of doom for someone who was running in the snow two weeks ago. My race plan now includes a lot more walking.

QOTD: I live 50 yards from the house I was raised in

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am going to be there in November and planning on signing up for the Vasa Trail 20K on 11/12/16...maybe I will see you there. 

Queen- I was up to Traverse City a couple of weeks ago looking for morals. Sorry to say we found no mushrooms but it did snow. Great area.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Gator eye

Vasa trail... I'll have to look it up

runtraildc

4 humid miles, rained on for the last half mile.  Why couldn't it have started sooner?

qotd: nope. raised and educated in MN, spent some undergrad on the OR coast, got some time in AK and WA before coming out to MD/DC. It was only supposed to be a 3 year gig and it's been now 20 years. I'd move back to MN or the PNW in a heartbeat, but we have it pretty good here, too.

NorthernHarrier

Well the black flies have abated but the void is quickly being filled by skeeters up here. Mowed the lawn yesterday, sat down with a cold glass of water and looked out where I just mowed and the tiniest fawn I have ever seen was nursing from momma. Must have moved right in when I shut off and put away the mower. Very cool but I had to immediately get my springers corralled.

Nice trail run yesterday and then a 13 mile mtn bike this morning. It really worked me. Funny mentioning the bike to run ratios a couple days ago. According to the data that bike ride equates to a 3 mile run. Nah, I think not. No 3 mile run ever left me this destroyed and that includes 5k races. 

QOTD--

QOTD: I probably live about 10 miles away from the hospital where I was born.  Maybe 6 miles away from my parents.  What can I say?  Aside from that little thing called winter, Madison is a great place to live.

Pretty similar, a little further from Meriter, though it was called Madison General in those days and I live in a small town about 7 miles from where I grew up on the east side. Indeed a great place.

Have to add that I did live in northern Wi for a bit and in Wausau for 7 years just to show I'm worldly! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

I'm going to strength train this evening, but will be on a several day running hiatus- have a swollen ankle (in the front) and a wee bit sore achilles on the other leg.

I was was born and raised north of Syracuse, NY. I moved to Montana when I was 18, that would have been 40 years ago- damn I'm an old timer! 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Still debating whether to do a short run or take a rest day.

QOTD: Haven't lived within 150 miles of where I grew up since sophomore year of college.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Daydreamer1

Had a pretty decent  10 mile run last night up on the mountain. Than went home and couldn't sleep. Maybe got a hour over night. Came into work and it was busy. Then we go a break and I died on the couch. Good thing I can do that because I was so tired I was struggling to walk.  Of course no run since I'm at work but I'm going to do several laps around the parking lot.

QOTD: Born and spent the first 10 1/2 years of my life in Southern Maryland.  Moved to PA in '75 and been here ever since. Haven't been back to that part of Maryland since my Grandmother died in '03.  They have a newer ultra in that area and I was going to run it the first year they put it on but they got a bunch of snow the week before the race.