Trailer Trash

Friday night under the lights (Read 12 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning Trailers!

Got 5 miles yesterday afternoon with TE, will get a few miles in a little later. 

The Grizzlies host Furman tonight in Missoula in the quarterfinals. Win tonight would have us hosting the semifinals.  If they play like they’ve been playing the last couple of weeks, we should be in good shape. No easy games anymore. 

qotd: weekend plans?  Hoping to be celebrating tomorrow and getting some trail miles in.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Went to a funeral for an old friend's mom. I lifted weights before I left. Came home and caught up on emails. I need to eat something and then go deal with this coolant hose.

QOTD: I hope to hunt in the morning (depends on getting truck fixed). We are supposed to go look at Christmas lights tomorrow night if the weather cooperates. I'd like to get that over with. Sunday will be church and/or hunting.

LB2

SRD today, easy 5.5 yesterday, hill repeats on Wed. 

Go Grizzlies!

QOTD: So many exciting things!    I’ll run some miles, help my dad decorate for Xmas, do some yard work and laundry, watch the Niners, and pay my property taxes. Can’t wait.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Has an unplanned progression run. It just happened. All I planned was a steady 5 miles, but the first 3 miles each got a little faster.

qotd:  a couple easy recovery days, some football, and I think there's a couple good college women's basketball games being televised.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

XtremeTaper

See you Grizzlies are still going strong... no snow bowl last night?

I had a good run yesterday. Sort of an old school time (meaning when I was running decently last year) out at the lake on one of our regular routes. Nice afternoon, no gloves or hat needed, upper 40's and pleasant. Saw the English dude out walking his black and white GSP Ash so we walked for a bit so Baker and Ash could run a bit together.

QOTD: Well, waiting to get out for a run. Busy babysitting some systems at work for on-call issues right now. Might fire up the mower one more time, mulch some leaves then winterize it for the year. Tomorrow looks a like a rain out, but maybe get a few miles in the morning before settling down to watch some NFL games. The Browns are on tv... they need a win to take control of AFC wildcard. The Eagles and Cowboys is on at night too. Several good games for once. Won't need to watch the red zone.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Some snow, but no snow bowl 

tough game, kudos to the Paladins for playing hard right to the end

now we wait for either NDSU or USD - both formidable teams, no easy games when it’s whittled down to a few teams

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Friday was a rest day, but I did 6 mi walking with my friend in the park, no extra miles running.  Today (Sat) I did 20 miles.  It was an ugly humid 73°, took some walking breaks.

This afternoon it got up into the 80s, then a thunderstorm with hail blew thru, fortunately I got home and the car in the garage just before it hit so no dents.

qotd: I’ll run 10 mi tomorrow morning and then we’ll just hang at the house watch football I guess. XT, I guess you know the Texans are in the battle with the Browns in the Wildcard run maybe they’ll both get in. 

tbd.

I checked on the Montana/Furman game a few times yesterday and man, that was a barn-burner!

Was rooting for Navy against Army today because my dad and DH are both Navy vets. A good game that came down to the final seconds but Army won, alas.

Since this now seems to be the weekender: I did 12 miles this morning, met DH for coffee after, did some chores and Xmas decorating for my dad, and made it home in time for dinner cocktails on the porch.  Paid those pesky property taxes yesterday.  Looking forward to the Niners-Seahawks tomorrow.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

NDSU beat up South Dakota pretty handily (at SD), so NDSU comes here for the Semi. I’m thinking about going (if I can get tickets).  They’ve knocked us out of a couple playoffs, would love to return the favor!

SDSU had their hands full with Villanova today, but beat them. They face the winner of tonight’s game Idaho vs Albany. 

4 miles with Tiny Elvis today.

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

runtraildc

Happy Sunday folks. Ran just under 6 through rock creek yesterday with the coffee runners. My usual partner didn't show, so I had to run with some faster folks. Felt good until the last mile, which is also uphill.   Today is tbd-- I was planning to run in a club race but the forecast is 100% rain at 10:30, when it is supposed to start. I think I might just jump on the rower.  Weekend has been deep cleaning, packing for our trip and paying our property taxes (ouch).

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

and paying our property taxes (ouch).

We just paid ours; when I got the notice of what our house was "worth"- I felt like sending a letter back saying if you think it's worth this much- you send me a check and it's yours 

We've seen significant growth in Montana the last 10-15 years, which have shot home prices up to crazy levels.  It's always nice to see your home appreciate significantly, but the sad truth is unless you plan to move somewhere else where homes are less expensive, you're just paying more taxes every year.

There are some folks talking about changes things up- that you pay taxes on the purchase price or at least caps on how much property taxes can rise, none of those have gained much traction surprisingly- obviously local/county/state governments aren't enthusiastic about property taxes not soaring 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles w/ DW and TE; DW is getting a little cranky- wants snow so she can go skiing; she was skiing last the first week of November last year 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Nice 5.5 mile trail run this morning with a neighboring running club.  Got some chores done around the house and yard. Niners beat Seahawks. All in all, a good day.

Sandy-2

Did the 10 this morning, it was 30 deg cooler today than yesterday so that was good. 

We paid our property and school taxes last week. Since we’re Seniors our property taxes have been reduced to $0, but we still have to pay the school tax.

tbd.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Easy 3 miles jog-walk in a light rain.  Rained all day, so just glad it wasn't a heavy downpour.

I remember years ago when there was a county wide reassessment. The new value was ridiculous, so we appealed and won a significant reduction.  Nice renting now, so no property or school tax bills.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.