Trailer Trash

One Month Down Tuedaily (Read 21 times)

AT-runner

Tim

Last day of the month already.  Time flies when you stay away from the news and most social media. 

Easy 5 miles this morning with some light snow flurries.  Had a few heavy snow squalls yesterday but no measurable accumulation.

QOTD:  Time to add up all those miles for the month.  I did 165, which is a little less than I planned. Too many TM days cut into my total.  I just can't seem to stay on that thing for too long.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

I'll do 5 or 6 after work. I will make that decision at the 2.5 mile turnaround.

QOTD: My goal was to go 120 this month for an average of 30 miles per week, which will go to 35, 40, etc. until I start a focused effort in May for November's 100. I will be at 131 if I do 5 today, or 132 if I do 6. So, I am pretty happy with that. I really had to hold back to stay that low.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

I'll do 5 or 6 after work. I will make that decision at the 2.5 mile turnaround.

QOTD: My goal was to go 120 this month for an average of 30 miles per week, which will go to 35, 40, etc. until I start a focused effort in May for November's 100. I will be at 131 if I do 5 today, or 132 if I do 6. So, I am pretty happy with that. I really had to hold back to stay that low.

Nice job. Is this your biggest month in a year?

XtremeTaper

A very slow 6 miles on the trails of Coventry Woods last night. I had no trail rhythm/legs if that makes sense. Nothing sore or tired, I just sort of bumbled and slogged around on the uneven terrain. Sunny and chilly weather when I started, then a snow squall moved in for the final few miles. It was sort of neat. I had hoped to run at lunch today but am booked up with project calls and may have to wait until late afternoon. Looking for 6-7 miles probably on the road.

QOTD: I am at 184 right now so with a run later should be around 190. I would have hit 200 but cold/flu cost me 5 days earlier this month. Biggest month since September last year. Hopefully I am back on track.

AT - Squalls here yesterday too. It wasn't really snow, but more like tiny pellets, like dipping dots. LOL, the weather lady last night on the tube called it graupel.

LB - You have your mojo back.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Daydreamer1

Sitting at my desk looking out over my deck at the nice soft fluffy snow gently falling.  Have about 1-2 inches. Planning on going to the gym in a couple of hours. School was cancelled so I expect it to be full there . Hoping to do the normal weights and probably do some light running on the TM just to get in a few extra miles for the month.

QOTD: Mileage is low for running.  At 61.6 miles at this time. Won't get in anymore than 3 more if I run today. Bike miles were better than average at 126.4.

NHLA

4.5 miles this morning. Knee feels OK. No pain!

qotd  140 miles

runtraildc

Hi all. Did yoga this am and will run 4 miles or so during swim practice later. Sunny and warm (50) here today so it will be perfect by the creek.

qotd: Will be 45 by this afternoon. But I did get in yoga every day except one (which I made up) and I can really feel a difference in general and in my running. With more flexible hip flexors, my glutes are getting a workout bc they're actually getting used.  My posture and stride are improved as well. Crap, now I have to keep this up.

LB2

Nice job. Is this your biggest month in a year?

Hahaha. Yes. It is.

LB2

LB2

LB - You have your mojo back.

I'm getting there.

LB2

Sandy-2

I'll do 5 after work today.  The weather has been great these last few days. I just need to get my ass in gear and run in the morning when it's cooler.    I'm probably going to volunteer at the DamNation aid station at RR100 this weekend, the captain sent out a request so I guess they need folks.  Anyone know someone who is running it?

qotd:  117 including tonight's run.  Meh, ok I guess, but I need to find some of LB2's mojo.  Maybe I'll sign up for a 50 miler in April (Hell's Hills or Box of Rox) down here in TX to give me something to shoot for.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Me and the boys ran 5.5 today.  Began cold as soon as the sun poked over it a  little warm for the way I was dressed.  We saw a deer.

QOTD:  98.8 of course less than I planned and already behind the pace bunny within the first month of the new year.

AT:  Ha ha...I was thinking you took a break from FB.   shit I don't want to talk/see/read that stuff on FB.  That's for mindless entertainment; cute dogs, trail running pictures and to find out what the Sheehans are doing. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Got a grueling (but fun!) 15 mile snowshoe trip in yesterday; lots of snow and we're getting and dump as I speak. If the weather breaks this afternoon will try and get 5-ish this evening

qotd: a good month for me, especially considering the arctic cold- 167 miles (I'm including the 15 mile trek yesterday as it was definitely tougher than running!!)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

Warden -  all of your trekking miles are harder than any of our TM miles, so they definitely get included in the total.  Those pictures look like a ski slope.

Queen -  I have unfollowed  just about everyone on FB and just check in with groups (and non-political  people) I like.  I want jokes and pictures and not someone's political commentary. If I wanted that I'd be on Twitter. (I still follow all Trailer Trash people I'm friends with.  Including you. )

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Yea I want to unfriend some folks but I was waiting for it to die down a bit.  I think I can just block their post from my news feed....but then again I can invest that much time in it.    I did post a slightly political post last night...it made me laugh and I agree with it and I was drinking wine.

Queen -  I have unfollowed  just about everyone on FB and just check in with groups (and non-political  people) I like.  I want jokes and pictures and not someone's political commentary. If I wanted that I'd be on Twitter. (I still follow all Trailer Trash people I'm friends with.  Including you. )

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Warden -  all of your trekking miles are harder than any of our TM miles, so they definitely get included in the total.  Those pictures look like a ski slope.

I did get some good vert in yesterday, that and 2-3' of snow makes for a pretty good workout 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √