Trailer Trash

Fridaily (Read 19 times)

AT-runner

Tim

SRD today.  Raining pretty good and temperatures are supposed to drop overnight and change to snow. 5" of white stuff forecasted.

Longish run tomorrow in the woods, deoending on snow.  If it's deep, we'll stick to logging roads, if not, somewhere on the AT, maybe near Pine Grove Furnace.

QOTD:  How spontaneous are you with races? Do you every jump into a race at the last minute, or do you need it to be on your schedule for a while?   I can be spontaneous if it's something fun or different. With that said, we might do PCS's Ugly Mudder, on Sunday, if they get some good snow. Haven't done that race in a few years. 13K, all hilly and technical. usually 400 people, and good beer at the end.  Waiting to see if another couple is going, and if they are we'll tag along. If not, I'll save the money and run locally.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

got a nice, but chilly 4 miles in with Tiny E yesterday, about 6-8” of new snow- they’re calling for over a foot of new snow this weekend, the mountains 2’ 

at this rate, we’ll never see Spring

plan on strength training this evening, long snowshoe tomorrow

qotd: all mine have been pretty well planned out, but our races sell out ridiculously fast, not much opportunity for a last minute event

Tiny E doing his pine marten imitation

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

Easy 3 this morning.

QOTD: I have never jumped in one last minute. But I would not rule it out.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

6-8” of new snow- they’re calling for over a foot of new snow this weekend, the mountains 2’ 

at this rate, we’ll never see Spring

My friend was just in Utah, at Park City, and said they had just 3 slopes open with muddy conditions. He said it's their lowest snow total in 50 years. CA looks like they are missing out on snow as well.  Looks like the PNW and Montanan are winning (or losing) this year for snow.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Getting a run in is questionable.

qotd: Used to be a lot of my races were last minute decisions. Even my first marathons I decided less than 2 weeks before race day. The most spontaneous was a 24-hour relay where I showed up intending to volunteer and was talked into joining a team that was short a few runners from the maximum of 10.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran with the group this morning, good crowd and always fun when you have 4 dogs...3 were loose so fun watching them play around.  We ran 6...gym at lunch.

Mt Biking Saturday and long run Sunday.  Monday is a holiday.

QOTD:  Depends on the price and length.  If someone said there is a 20 mile race this weekend and it's only up to $40 bucks...I would do it.  If it's fun people going I would do it up to $60.

Warden:  I looked up a Pine Marten and they all looked sweet.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

LB2

AKA Sweet Marten.

LB2

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I had to look it up too. 

Ran only once so far this week.  Will try to get 9 in tonight, then load up over the weekend.  Being in this miles game challenge makes me feel guilty if I don't get my quota for the team.

QOTD:  Not sure if it's last minute, but I signed up for my first ultra (only 50K) a month ahead. I actually wish I were more spontaneous, but my wife keeps reminding me that it's my nature to be a planner.  And if I don't plan, I do stupid shit like forget it's her birthday. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I am in Glute Force.  What is your team?

Ran only once so far this week.  Will try to get 9 in tonight, then load up over the weekend.  Being in this miles game challenge makes me feel guilty if I don't get my quota for the team.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I am in Glute Force.  What is your team?

RnC.  You beat us back in week 3.  Our team had a vote-off for the team name RnC (Running is the new crack) or Snot Rockets.  I wanted Snot Rockets, but RnC won by a single vote.  Now whenever I run, I can only think Snot Rockets but to the Hot Pockets jingle.

3/17 - NYC Half

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Unless of course you happen to be a squirrel or rabbit  

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'll run 4 or 5 after work today.  Going to be pretty warm.

Also had to google pine marten.

qotd: Last December I jumped into a 100 miler I guess about 2 to 3 weeks beforehand, it worked out Ok.  But I do tend to plan out races more in advance than that.

tbd.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

It has a nice jingle...I have no idea where Glute Force camp from...I don't put out too much glute force.

RnC.  You beat us back in week 3.  Our team had a vote-off for the team name RnC (Running is the new crack) or Snot Rockets.  I wanted Snot Rockets, but RnC won by a single vote.  Now whenever I run, I can only think Snot Rockets but to the Hot Pockets jingle.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

It has a nice jingle...I have no idea where Glute Force camp from...I don't put out too much glute force.

3/17 - NYC Half

Daydreamer1

Just crawled out of bed. Trying to get the energy for a run or walk before heading back into work.  Maybe 4-5 miles depending on how I feel. Temps are nice but the freaking wind is picking up, I hate wind even though the temps are nice. Might just go on the elliptical and lift . Have 15 minutes to decide .

QOTD: Most I plan for pretty far out.  Part of that is because of selling out, partly for training motivation, partly because of life schedule.  That being said if something popped up for tomorrow under the right circumstances I'd sign up for it.