Trailer Trash

Withdrawal Mondailes (Read 19 times)

Daydreamer1

My hands are trembling, knees weak, I'm sweating like a nun in whorehouse, I'm seeing little bugs crawling over everything and feel like a seizure is coming on .   The forum is DOWN, oh my, what am I going to do???? Withdrawal!!!! it's hideous. Oh, wait. It's up again, Whew, close call. I'll be better in a few minutes .

Planning on running about 7 miles later this evening when it gets cooler. Yesterdays run was little cooler than I've been used to and it went soooo much better.

QOTD: Not much time left so I'll make it a easy one.  How addicted are you to forums such as this one, FB or what ever you may hang out on.

For me it's far too much. I like to read and have a variety of interests so I follow several forums.  The two main ones are RA and seekingalpha, an investment web site. If I didn't spend so much time on them, mostly seekingalpha, I would get a lot more done around the house.  I rarely go on FB though as the conversation on there is often really shallow and stupid.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Yippee- it works!  had a good long run yesterday, 20-ish miles and 4600' of gain to Stuart Peak - wee bit sore, hope to strength train this evening

qotd: I have several I visit, this is usually the only one I visit daily

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

SRD today. I teach my night class tonight, so I get home late. I'll run in the AM and possibly tomorrow afternoon. I really like running to start the day rather than finish it. So, I may get up extra early and run 5.

I had a great run yesterday morning of about 9.5 or so. It felt really good. I was just starting to feel good when I had to stop. Today, everything feels great. I am starting to get my motivation back.

QOTD: If I had to choose between this forum and FB, I would choose this forum. I guess FB is more smart phone friendly, but I like this format better. I do follow a couple of turkey hunting forums, but I don't do much there until after Christmas and around the first of the year. The anticipation leading up to turkey season is almost better than the actual hunting. Depending on the weather, it sometimes is better than the actual hunting. Anyway, the reason I like this type of format is because it offers more opportunities to actually learn things about topics, like running, turkey hunting, or whatever. You also generally have enough knowledgeable people to keep total bullshit information to a minimum. There seems to always be someone who will call someone out when they are full of crap.

LB2

some call me Tim

7 on the home trails today... recovering from the LR much more quickly this week

qotd: I used to be, and they remain lines of communication with people that I value, but I often have little opportunity to connect with adults in person and I've found that the heavier I lean on social media, the bleaker my outlook becomes. We are social creatures, but I don't think we're built for this level of abstraction and a lot of the time, a walk in the woods by myself is just healthier than checking in with friends remotely. Still trying to find the balance in it-

Queen of Nothing

Sue

I woke up to one dog betweeh my legs and resting his head on my bum and the other dog with half his 90 pound body across my back, thats. 50 pounds you do the math.   But like snuggle with your kids, I actually liked it.  So when I actually got up time was short so we did 2.64 jiggle wiggle miles in my neighbors woods.  We got close to their house and their dog starting barking until the owner yelled at him ( hey dumb owner you have treepassers on your property! ) i plan on running some more right after work.

Qotd:  like DD I too was jonsing for my RA.  When I get to work I make my coffee and sit down to check on you knucklheads.  Then thoughout the day checking to see if there is a new post.  Who else am I going to talk running with.  I  enjoy the qotd and the fun ribbing.  I troll FB often just to break up my day..especially while at work.

AT: I'm ok with the photo...I am who I am. 😊

Speaking of ignoring the dogs..my co-workers dogs were barking in the middle of the night so they hit the vibrating collar to shut them up.  Well come morning their fence and boards missing and their trash was all over the road with a very large thank you pile of bear shit!   She had just cleaned out the fridge so it was full of goodies.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

AT-runner

Tim

Walking later tonight. Legs are sore from all the downhill running I did yesterday. Some of it was pretty steep so it was hard to slow down.

QOTD:  I use it as a pleasant distraction.  I miss that we don't have as many RR's as in the past, and the newbie questions were always nice. I check in on some FB trail pages but rarely post since those conversations seem to move quicker and by the time I want to jump in someone has said what I was going to say.  I was on the FB Trail and Ultra Running site, but WAY to much traffic and I couldn't follow anything. I guess if you are in font of the computer more it would be nice, but since I check FB maybe 2 x's per day it was a distraction.

AT: I'm ok with the photo...I am who I am. 😊

DW and I will still buy you a birthday beer. And you can get the second round.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Whew!  Glad to see we're back up and running!

I managed 10 miles of running/hiking yesterday, so I'm calling that a win even though my hamstring is still being dumb.  SRD today.  24 hour race in less than two weeks.  Crap!

QOTD: Well, work recently blocked facebook (*sigh*), so I'm stuck on my phone when I need to chit-chat with people through messenger and am finding myself browsing far less on that small screen.  So I'm glad to have RunningAhead access on my big monitors.  I also frequent a few other forums - among them are mtbr.com and backpackinglight.com, where I see more of Warden.  Smile

Running is dumb.

runtraildc

Late day today. I'm dressed in my running stuff and will head out the door shortly for a mile or two around the neighborhood.  I'm still adjusting to running every day and the legs (and body) are tired so it's a minimum mile day.  It's really nice out so maybe I'll tag on a nice walk onto the run.

qotd: This and FB.  I try to limit my facebook time--I agree with Blarg on the ill effects of too much FB.  That said, TAUR on FB is fun, but fast moving and hard to join in on the conversation.  It's much more engaging and fun here for the dailies and RRs.

Have a nice evening folks!  Fall seems to be coming here-- cooler weather and apples!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5 miles easy today. Dialing back a lot over the next few days with NC 24 on Saturday.

QOTD: I spend way too much time on forums here and on RW and as well as FB.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.