Trailer Trash

Summer Weather Weekend (Read 17 times)

LB2

Totally summer weather back here. Bad enough to make me wait until this morning to run. Easy 20 miles in 3:33. Same tomorrow.

QOTD: Do you drink beer after a morning long run?

Yes. Drinking one of my favorites right now. I don't do it all the time, but most of the time I do. If the long run is more than 20 miles, I don't really want a beer. But 12 to 20 is usually going to end with a beer.

LB2

Sandy-2

As I kind of expected I didn't run when I got off the plane last evening. Just too tired after a week of meetings and then the flight back home.  I did get up this morning and did the planned 15.  That gave me 50 for the week instead of the planned 58...  close enough.

It was foggy and soggy humid and mid 70s temps this morning.  I was spoiled with the 50 deg temps all week.

qotd: no, while I'll do the mileage, I'm not hard core enough to down a morning beer afterwards.

tbd.

runtraildc

Got in 6 this morning. Weather was warmer and more humid than expected. Legs felt dead. Not a great run, but it got done and I caught up with some running friends, so overall, a good day.

qotd: no, but I tend to treat myself later in the day. Had a good stiff gin & tonic after all the house chores (and a nap).

NHLA

5 miles around the mountain.

Qotd  Dales pale ale in the shower then nap.

AT-runner

Tim

Long drive (793 miles ) from Ohio,  and then we got a 3 mile walk in along water in Albert Lea, MN,  before dinner and a few local MN beers. Off to Badlands tomorrow.

QOTD : Run in morning, drink in evening. If I drink in the morning, it could be a very long day because I don't stop once I start. It's an Irish thing, we drink to conclusion. 

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

LB2

Heading out for 20 more this morning. I should already be running, but the FB chatter about LSU losing to Mississippi State was too good to pass up. I enjoy football, but people here can get delusional about it.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a nice 19 miles this morning.  While I did not have a watch with me to tell for sure, I am positive I negative split the run.  I was leisurely about my pace the first half and actually felt like I was pacing the second half.  Felt good at the end and that is what counts.

LB2 - college football fans can be a bit excessive in their fandom.  Having said that, LSU got demolished.

QOTD: Uh...no.

Have a great end to your weekend!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Sandy-2

20 mi this morning. Felt good, and kinda easy.

I'm not reaching for a beer, but going to take a little nap. (Blaming it on jet lag  Wink.

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5.5 miles with Tiny E yesterday and strength trained in the afternoon

we got into 10" of snow near the top of Mt Helena

went out this morning with thought of bagging Casey Peak, brought my snowshoes thinking I might need them near the top- wellllll.......

I needed them at the trailhead- over a foot of snow, a couple of miles in closer to two feet - unfortunately postholing with every step, so bagged it about an hour in

probably going to take Tiny E out later for a few more

qotd: no beer in the morning  , beer in the evening (and sometimes afternoon )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

...... went out this morning with thought of bagging Casey Peak, brought my snowshoes thinking I might need them near the top- wellllll.......

I needed them at the trailhead- over a foot of snow, a couple of miles in closer to two feet - unfortunately postholing with every step, so bagged it about an hour in.... 

Well I guess that's one way to get rid of the fires and smoke !!! 

tbd.

LB2

Those were muggy miles today, but they still felt easy.

LB2