Trailer Trash

Quiet Monday (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Hi trailers! Quiet weekend- ran 4 on Saturday with the coffee shop group, and hiked with DH yesterday on a new trail for me. Chowder was apoplectic- rainy, tons of squirrels and new to him trail.  I was planning to run this morning, but did not. Will try to fit in a few miles after work. We’ll see.

qotd- Amy races or adventures coming up? No races, though might jump into a club race this Sunday. 10k, partially along the c&o canal. Getting ready for our Grand Canyon/ Sedona trip. Right before thanksgiving, the park released a bunch of cabins at phantom ranch that are used for mule riders.  Our friends that missed out last January were able to snag cabins so it’s going to br a group of us.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Just a short 2 mile hike with my grandkids and Tiny Elvis over the weekend.  We went to the Grizzly game Saturday night- classic game- near blizzard conditions, but the stadium was 90+% full and loud.  Delaware has a better team than what the score reflects 49-19, but a very hostile crowd combined with hostile weather and the Grizzlies were playing very well on both sides of the ball, they were pretty well mauled.

Going to hit the trails and the gym today.

^ the Grand Canyon rocks, have fun!

qotd: I think my buddy and I are going to try and get a Bob Marshall trip before Christmas- we'll bring snowshoes for the higher terrain, but should have some non-snowshoe stuff lower (of course that can change quickly in a couple of weeks)

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

LB2

No run today. We worked on the swimming pool all weekend. I finally got it all straightened out and have about 2 inches of water left to have it all filled up again. What a freakin' mess!!! Anyway, no run today.

FYI: In case you are wondering, we had a piece of metal debris blow into the pool during a hurricane. I don't know if it came off the roof or came from a mile away with the winds. Either way, it ended up in the pool. We had no power for 7 days, and it probably took another 5 to 7 days to get the pool to where I could see the bottom. During that time, I ran the robot in the water to pick up debris like leaves. At some point, the sharp piece of metal cut about a 16 inch gash in the bottom of the pool. I eventually dove down and repaired it as best I could in 8 feet of water. Eventually, it started leaking again. We drained it Friday and went under the liner to get a better seal. Despite my suggestion, the pool guy said it was good. I started filling her back up, and the next morning saw a large bulge near the drain. I didn't think that was good but figured maybe we could do something to get that left over water out. However, it wasn't leftover water, it was new water. So, I drained what was in it back out, and we re-worked the patch. It is fine now.

QOTD: No races scheduled or even thought about. The only adventure I have on the horizon is the New Mexico turkey camp in April. DPC3 may come down, and a friend from PA may come over to do some trail running. I will train to be in good shape for the mountains, but other than that, I am on maintenance, which is fine with me.

LB2

XtremeTaper

A mixed bag of running the past few days. One of my better runs recently on Friday in terms of feel and even pace, a slow creaky jog shuffle walk on Saturday and then a pleasant run yesterday out at the Birdsboro watershed. It was one of those steady but light rainy days and not a soul was out in the woods. At least there were no cars at the trailhead nor did I see anyone on the trails. Baker and I did a slow 6 miles, mixing it up with more of the rugged but scenic single track instead of the hilly dirt roads and paths. Nothing fast about the run, in fact mostly hiked the one super big climb up from the reservoir to the "up and over" trail. I did not take the "up and over" trail but went behind the mountain on the trickier more scenic trail that is full of mountain laurel patches. The green of the mountain laurel really popped with the all the green from the hardwoods and brush being gone for the season. It was nice.

Today, might jog a few miles on the road or local trail. I am due for a day off though. I do need to stretch my creaky limbs.

QOTD: Nope, no races. I had very briefly thought of jumping into the Dirty Bird 15k this past Sunday after my good run on Friday but my trip on the struggle bus Saturday nixed that idea. I am sort of curious if I could break 2 hours on a course that I used to run in 1:20-1:25 range but not curious enough this year.

LB2 - Bummer about all the pool work. We have a concrete pool here, but has fancy electronics for operation. It is always impossible to find people to work on that part of it so I've had to figure it out myself.

Warden - I saw clips of that game of College Final/ESPN yesterday... SNOW Bowl! Congrats to your team.

RunTrail - We are thinking about a stop in Sedona on our trip to southwest next year. Have you been? Is it worth it?

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

LB2 - Bummer about all the pool work. We have a concrete pool here, but has fancy electronics for operation. It is always impossible to find people to work on that part of it so I've had to figure it out myself.

I wish I would have gone with a fiberglass option. I don't remember why we didn't do that. I think it may have had to do with delivery. I still love the pool, but any kind of weird anomaly that might happen normally happens to me, my father in law, or my oldest daughter. We laugh about that stuff all the time.

LB2

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Gradually working my way back; 4.2 miles run-walk today.

QOTD: Nothing definite planned, or least nothing I've registered for yet. Hope to be at Six Days in the Dome again. Currently have 18 races under consideration which will have to be pared down to maybe 6-7.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Rest day, not too busy at work, liking this quiet Monday!

Warden, that would be a cold 3+ hours of football watching. Glad your team came out on top. 

QOTD: nothing in the near future, but I’d like to do something on New Year’s Day. Have a 50k race with RC friends in Salinas in January. Ireland with my dad in March.  Just signed up for TRT 56 in July. 56 for my 56th birthday, can’t beat that.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Sandy-2

Today was a SRD, did 17 yesterday so it was nice sleeping in today.

Today’s chore was to replace some built-in lighting in our upstairs bath. It involved some rewiring putting in a couple of outlets and then simply plugging in the new lights. Much better now.

mt: Congrats to your team. As I guess you saw somehow the Longhorns made it to the big dance.  Wow!!

runtrail: sounds like a great trip to the GC and Sedona, we want to get back to both soon.

XT: yes, Sedona is really nice. Great scenery and some great trails to run or hike on.

LB: hope the upgraded patchwork fixes the issue.

qotd: I jumped into that hondo in Florida in Feb. That should be an adventure. 

tbd.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Sandy - I did see- congrats!  Sadly some really good teams got left out. Next year they (FBS) go a 12 team format, going to make it much more fair all the away around.

The FCS format has been great, some automatic bids, but several at large bids too. Never understood why they went with just four teams????

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √