Trailer Trash

Wonderfully Wet Wednesdaily (Read 21 times)

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Morning all!  This recent moisture we've gotten has been a godsend, got into as much as 6" of wet snow on my run yesterday. Going to get in 5- ish miles this evening.

qotd: what distance are you most competitive?  I'm not competitive at any distance, but tend to do better at 10-20 mile races (wouldn't know that by my last race however )

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

AT-runner

Tim

I have time for a quick road run over lunch. Not looking forward to it, but won't run tomorrow since I'm travelling to Avalon, NJ for a few days of golf and beer with 7 other guys. Another golfer is a runner, so I'll get a run or two in over the long weekend.

Good luck to all the weekend racers (Keystone) and volunteers (XT).

George - Our good friend is running Dawn to Dusk to Dawn this weekend. Laurie Dymond is her name and she's was #5 on the US woman's 24 hr mileage from last year, with 135.5 miles at North Coast.  She's about 5' tall and 90 pounds. If you see her, say hi. She's going to try for a distance PR and to secure spot on the US National team. Not bad for a 50 yo.

QOTD:  My best placing had been at 24hr events with 2 thirds and a second place.  I felt most competitive at marathon distance, but that's probably because I ran so many. I don't run marathons anymore, and I feel too slow to be competitive now.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good morning!  So far my donut count is up to 2.  Whoops.  I guess I'd better run after work today...

I ran 6 miles last night on the road in the rain.  I'm dog sitting for my BFF tonight, so I'll take her crazy pitbull out on the trails for something shorter.

QOTD: I like HMs for road racing.  I feel like I know how to run 5Ks and HMs in terms of pacing.  I suck at all distances though. 

Running is dumb.

muppy

6.2 miles yesterday on a mix of trail and road.

QOTD I would say I'm not really competitive any distance. I did get 2nd and 3rd in AG in a few 5- 10k's a few years back but probably only 10 or so in my AG.

Daydreamer1

Wonderfully wet?????? Please send me some warm sun!!!!!!  Actually I don't think we are very far above our long term average rainfall in my immediate area, in fact we may be below average,  but it's just constantly dank and cloudy.

Spending the day at work so no running today. Yesterday's planned workout never happened for a number of reasons. I hate when that happens.

QOTD: I think it would be a 1/2 distance. That's the distance I can easily train for and my stomach doesn't seem to give me many problems. Anything over that and I really have to pay attention to hydration, fueling and not going out too hard.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Wanted to run 5 this morning.  My plan was to loop around my favorite part of the trail to add a .5.  But I looked at my mileage and did the math and realized I didn't need to add the loop.  You know how hard it is to do math after you've been running for a long time (2.4 miles ).  when I hit the one mile left mark I was shocked to see I would end up with only 4.4 miles!   I guess I saw 3.4 when it was 2.4.

Anyways the plan is to meet with the running group tonight.  Unsure of how far they have planned.

DD: On the way to work noticed it was 66 degrees.  We are suppose to hit 80 tomorrow.

QOTD: I'll say10 to 18...even further if I actually train good which I have done on occasion.  I am a strong middle of the packer. 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

jonferg67

Endless trails

Afternoon Trashers,

Just got back from yet another job interview, but I wore my lucky blue tie so we'll see. 
                I'm getting fingerprinted tomorrow at West Point for my Security clearance, its about

to expire, for a 3 month temp job on the base. If I get an offer before that then I wouldn't

have to take the temp job, its sort of a back up plan for summer employment.

I got a good trail run in this morning before the interview, because I have outstanding

time management skills. For further interest in my skill-set, please refer to my resume.

QOTD: I'm not real competitive either, but I like the HM on trails.

XtremeTaper

I am with Daydreamer on the weather. I don't think it's been overly rainy here this spring but lately a constant state of greyness and dreariness. Oh well. Pretty good weather for running for the most part. The Lady and I will get in 7 or 8 tonight on the trails of Coventry Woods or Green Lane. Not sure yet.

Last night was 7 miles with a 5k trail race included. First race of the series. I finished 4th OA (51 entrants), first master, with a time of 22:54, about 20 seconds faster than my race here last year so that was good. Sort of "fun" to run at this intensity. Interesting course as just as you are settling in to the breathing and the intensity of the pace, a frickin' huge hill awaits right near the start of the second mile. Not huge in terms of mountainous but the steepness and pitch at 5k race effort intensifies the climb. It's a fast course after that and really fun even though you're running on the edge of blowing up. Went back and forth with the female overall winner but I could not bridge the gap when we were in the soggy meadow portion of the course at the end. I was pleased with my effort, as I was worried I'd been running a bit too much without any organized speedwork in my training to do very well at this distance.

QOTD: I actually think I'm fairly consistent 5k on up. I typically finish top 10-20% of the field, sometimes higher if it's a small/limited field, assuming it's a trail race. Not sure how well I'd do in road races these days. The best I can recall is top5 AG at Steamtown marathon. I tended to perform better against the calculators for road races at the half and marathon distances.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

LB2

I'll run 5 to 6 after work.

QOTD: I would say it depends on who shows up. But, on trails, I can run pretty good with most mortals for 10 miles.

LB2

runtraildc

Agree with others on this extended dreariness out east.  I came out of the gym to more rain.  Overall, we're still short of rain so far this year, but this lack of sun and warmth is getting me down.  So, my gym workout was a conditioning class, which in general, I despise. I think I feel about those classes like others despise running. However, it makes me work areas I tend to ignore or don't get attention running. I'll be felling it tomorrow.

Jon- I hope your blue tie worked it's magic!  good luck!

Mandy- most pits I know are very lazy and not good runners.  I hope you're friends dog is an exception.

XT- congratulations!  nice job

qotd:  I'm really competitive in the middle of the pack group at any distance. My favorite distances are 10 miles or the half.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Got in a good run and workout at the gym last night.  I hope to get in some miles tonight.  I too am all for this cruddy, rainy, gloomy weather to go.  Bring on sun and warmer weather.

Jon - blue ties always work!

QOTD: I am not competitive at any distance.

Have a great night!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Mandy- most pits I know are very lazy and not good runners.  I hope you're friends dog is an exception.

He's actually a very good runner - much better than Bella.  LOL.  Although he doesn't like to go much farther than 3 miles.  We're just going to go explore some trails, I'll be in no rush in regards to running.

Edit:  Here's the whole gang...

Running is dumb.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Good looking crew!!!

He's actually a very good runner - much better than Bella.  LOL.  Although he doesn't like to go much farther than 3 miles.  We're just going to go explore some trails, I'll be in no rush in regards to running.

Edit:  Here's the whole gang...

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

agreed

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

Slept in this morning, felt good, my run last night seemed to blow out the last remnants of gunk from the pipes (I could still make my chest "crackle/rumble" when taking deep breadths and also when running hard), but now it's gone and I'm feeling even better today.  I guess I'll squeeze in a quick 5 miler after work today.  Trying to get the mileage back on track for the next 3 weeks before I do a mini-taper to the 100k.

MM: good look'n running buds you have there.

qotd: I'm also not competitive at any distance.  But I will say that in a 50 miler I came in 2nd master (over 50) once, and in a 100 miler I won the 50-60 AG.  But I think it was more luck and who didn't show up than anything I did. 

tbd.