Trailer Trash

3.14... Thursdailies (Read 23 times)

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Yesterday evening's 8 mile hard trail run was a slug fest against the humidity.  So much sweat soaked my singlet, that I wondered if I should wring it out back into my water bottle, since my water would run out before I'd finish.  Thankfully, humidity will be lower for tonight's easy 4 on trail.

QOTD:  From yesterday's other thread, what's your favorite pie?

I don't eat much pie (Sue, get that thought out of your head!), but I'd have to say strawberry rhubarb would be my favorite.  Lemon meringue would be a follow-up, since AT said it pairs nicely with IPA.  FTYC also mentioned Shoefly, which I haven't seen in quite a long time.  While not called pies but in pie form, I love a good cheesecake and any quiche, especially if it has bacon!

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

LB2

Forgot to set my alarm this morning, but I got up and ran what I could, 2 miles before coming to work.

QOTD: I would have to say that buttermilk pie is my favorite, but it really is a tie with apple pie. Buttermilk pie has the consistency of a sweet potato pie, so I put it in a little different category than the apple, cherry, peach, etc. It really doesn't sound very good if you have a preconceived idea about buttermilk, but they are very good.

LB2

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

No run yesterday but I will try and get in something tonight.  I really badly need a nice longish trail run.  Maybe just maybe this weekend.

Chiro yesterday went ok.  I really wish I didn't have to go.  Bert-o - you asked if I thought it was my sciactic nerve - yes I do.  The chiro was focused on how tight my hamstrings were though.  But I know that is not the issue.  I mean it is an issue but it's not the reason for the shooting pain down the back of my right leg!! So I go back tomorrow to see him and have a 30 min massage.  I am hoping that helps.

QOTD: Good ole Apple pie. (I will second Bert's thoughts - Sue get that thought out of your head).  The apple pie has to be homemade though.  Store bought are usually not good.  I also like lemon margarine.

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

XtremeTaper

Had a nice 7 miles last night on the trails with the Lady on the easy side of the lake. Surprised, not too much mud over there. Good run but kept things easy for the Lady since it was warm and humid. Love me some summer sweat. Saw a family of runners last night on the trail in the fun section they call the honeysuckle trail. Daughter, dad, and mom. Sort of cool. I think someone in that group was an ultra runner as there was a 50 sticker on the other car at the trailhead. I'd guess the mom, as she was sporting a shirt with a big mountain on it.

Today, I'd like to get in 8 miles or so after work. I might hit this local beer place on the drive back that I've been eyeing called Hidden River Brewing and sample a few of their ales. I've been meaning to do that. It's only open Thu-Sunday.

QOTD: Lemon meringue, key lime, or pumpkin pie. I will take any of those. I prefer cobblers over fruit pies.

Dr Jamie - Could be SI joint or something out of whack putting pressure on your sciatic nerve. I had something like that back in 2012. I could run about 6-7 miles then it would fire up and then I could barely walk when I stopped running. I ran Hyner (25k version) with that condition. Ouch.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

went to the gym yesterday evening, it had been awhile and is evidenced by soreness today

planning on 4-ish with Tiny E this evening, cloudy with a high in the upper 60’s- should be pretty nice

qotd: a homemade cherry pie is tough to beat, a large dollop of vanilla ice cream on top; years ago when I waterfowl hunted a lot, DW would make duck pie- like a chicken pot pie, but with duck meat- gravy from the drippings, small cubed potatoes, carrots, peas, etc with a homemade crust- was delicious!

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Did not run this morning but did walk the dogs.  Made a cherrie pie last night...yummmm and eating it for breakfast right now..with coffee not beer!

QOTD:  Ha ha wrote the above before reading the QOTD..cherrie!!!!  I haven't had one in so long but we grew up in Traverse City the "Cheery Capital" of the world!!  Followed by  cherrie rubbard.

LB:  Never heard of buttermilk pie. 

Berto: I use to hate pie but it grows on you.    I actually did not like the crust, now I love it.  Only it eat pie when our apple tree produces apples and now with the cherrie tree.  Quiche isn't a pie!

Jamie:  I thought shooting pain done your leg WAS a direct result of sciatic???

Warden:  Oh yea love me some homemade chicken pot pie in the winters!

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

moonlightrunner

Driving to a trail further out tonight...with the long days it will be a nice change of scenery.

QOTD:

SO MANY PIES! I LOVE MOSY ALL!

Blueberry! I love the traditional and sour cream blueberry. But...I love almost any pie.

Queen: I am jealous...best part of any pie is when it is Breakfast Pie!

You all got me thinking about pie. My office mates and I think that 6/28 should be "Double Pi(e) Day. Everyone will bring two pies to share. Should be leftovers for breakfast pie. Likely 6/28 will be the only day I will look forward to going to work. See what you've done???

January , 2022 Yankee Springs Winter Challenge 25k

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Likely 6/28 will be the only day I will look forward to going to work. See what you've done???

Yes, my work here is now complete.

3/17 - NYC Half

Sandy-2

5 mi at lunch along the bayou.  Sunny, hot, 92 deg, 50% humidity, no wind - just perfect.

qotd: apple pie with lots of vanilla ice cream.  I agree with QoN, quiche and "real" NY cheese cake are not pies.

tbd.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Total hijack here but.....did you east coasters hear that Eastern States 100 is cancelled for this year?

I can't seem to find a reason why but OC100 is opening up some spots for runners. 

BTW - I love the idea of double pie day.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Total hijack here but.....did you east coasters hear that Eastern States 100 is cancelled for this year?

I can't seem to find a reason why but OC100 is opening up some spots for runners. 

Heard that it was a problem with getting all the necessary permits.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I agree with QoN, quiche and "real" NY cheese cake are not pies.

You two are hurting my soul.

And Yikes on ES100 !!!!  That's a bummer to say the least.

3/17 - NYC Half

Queen of Nothing

Sue

You can't call a Chees CAKE a pie!!

You two are hurting my soul.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ouch! That's a major goof considering it is not a new race. 

Heard that it was a problem with getting all the necessary permits.

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

Nothing in their website so far. Haven’t heared it through the grapevine either.

No run, DS from Portland visiting. Maybe an early morning run tomorrow.

QOTD: any pie is good with me, as long as it is gluten free. (That rhymes)

Around this time of year, the blackberries around the house are ripe, and then I make blackberry pie. Great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Run for fun.