Swim Bike Run

2009 (Read 372 times)

Curious as to what your yearly totals look like, especially those that have done 1/2 and full IM's. I did 2 sprints this year and probably overtrained for them abit, already registered and signed up for a 1/2 IM for next year and planning on at least 2 Olympic distances.

My totals:

Run - 3200 miles

Bike - 400 miles

Swim - 56 miles

Luckily, 2009 I had a lot of time and very flexible job. 2010 is a little different since I am back in school, but def aiming to match these totals and get the swim and bike miles up.

protoplasm72

Nice Job.  That is some serious running mileage.

I had foot problems all year so my running mileage is crap and even biking I had to take more then a month off and then reduced mileage for a couple more months.  I did a HIM in July then pretty much shut down my running and barely biked.  I'm just now starting to run a few miles.

Run: 300 miles

Bike: 2300 miles

Swim: 236 miles

If you're going to do a HIM I'd suggest spending a lot more time on the bike.  I had almost 2000 miles for the year before mine in July and I considered that a bare minimum.  If my foot would of let me I'd have been close to 3500-4000 for the year.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Good stuff Protoplasm, that's a lot of time in the pool and on the bike. I just got a trainer and signed up for a swimming class so both of those have to increase next year, opposed to last year when I didn't really bike or swim until the spring.
        ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Wow you each have one discipline that is huge compared to the rest, well actually Proto has two!!

so far I logged:

58.8 swimming

1839.3 biking

1640.8 running

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

db7

500 miles running

600 miles on the bike

10 miles swimming- all open water swims

The only thing I will change next year is to swim more and do more long bikes.  I did quite a few brick workouts and will continue that next year.

DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

Slo

Not a stellar year for me but not all bad.

Run 2016 miles....Off with a stress fracture since 9/27

Bike 644 training miles  739 commuting miles   230 party ride miles  

Swim 94.4 miles

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Run - 2,052

Bike - 6,762

Swim - 284

Hi.  My name is Troy.  I have OCD.

P.S. - I do have a job and my wife has not threatened to divorce me.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

I had kind of an off year, didn't keep a log this year until I joined RA in Sept.

I only raced one tri this year, an Olympic.  The previous couple of years I've averaged 2 HIM, 2 Olys, and 1 sprint per year;  with my training reflecting this.  This has been a tough year personally, so I've not been able to race the way I like.

I really like this site, it is a great motivator!!

Since Sept.:

Run:  670m

Swim:  18m

Bike:  Ok, almost 27.5 hours;  but 197m.

I am afraid I spend ALOT of my bike time on the trainerSad

protoplasm72

Run - 2,052

Bike - 6,762

Swim - 284

Hi.  My name is Troy.  I have OCD.

P.S. - I do have a job and my wife has not threatened to divorse me.

See, I knew my bike numbers weren't going to stand up.  I thought my swim distance might have a chance at the RA record though.  Nice job.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I am afraid I spend ALOT of my bike time on the trainerSad

I bet my bike milage is 40% trainer.  It's ok.  I actually prefer to do my hard rides on the trainer because I can get the hard work done without worrying about car, road conditions, etc.  It's a very controlled environment.  Sort of like a lab rat.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

TMorin

I just started this Tri thing last this year with two Olympic distances.

My totals

Run 1272

Bike 238

Swim 6.9

2010 Goals

Run 2500

Bike 1500

Swim 40

Singed up for Timberman HIM but won't start heavy bike and swim training until after Boston.

Slo

T-Bone

Very impressive. And your time is so well divided up. OCD indeed...but I'm jealous.

Runningsteph117

i am right now

Run 861

Bike 1573

Swim 98.5

my goals by the end of the year was to get to

Run 900

bike 1600

Swim 100

but with a bike wreck on monday and an eye infection that leaves me wearing glasses for a while, my biking may be done for 2009.  hopefully the Running and swimming goals will be met. doesn't compare to a lot of you, but a big year for me, with my first four races (  triathlon (sprint), half marathon, 10k, and a 4 mile turkey trot!).  I hope next year to do an olympic tri, but we'll see what life has in store!

I'm really impressed with everyones swim totals, I just can't imagine being in the pool for that long, but I def have to in 2010 as it is a big weakness for me.

T-Bone -  those are some very impressive numbers. My problem is I like to sleep to much and can't work out early morning, hoping one day to get my swim and bike totals up to that.

Tmorin - I'm also signed up for the Timberman half IM, spent at least once a week last Summer biking to Walden and then swimming and biking back. If this weather ever gets warmer I'll let you know.

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

T-Bone -  those are some very impressive numbers. My problem is I like to sleep to much and can't work out early morning, hoping one day to get my swim and bike totals up to that.

I hear you.  I workout just about every morning before work.  I do go to bed pretty early (around 9:00) That way I always get in at least one workout.  If I can workout at lunch or after work, then bonus.