Swim Bike Run

Another stupid noob question. (Read 349 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Duathlon...cycling gloves?  Wear 'em for the whole thing or don't wear 'em at all?  They seem like something that would waste time putting on and taking off in transition.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Don't wear them.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't wear them.

That was kind of my thinking, too.  If it were an IM or even half IM I'd probably want them, but for 30k...that hardly seems necessary.

~ Sarah Kay

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I don't even wear them for a half or full Ironman, mostly because I use aero bars so my hands aren't really resting on anything most of the time.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't even wear them for a half or full Ironman, mostly because I use aero bars so my hands aren't really resting on anything most of the time.

Ahh...yeah, I don't have aerobars (not sure I could even fit them on my narrow 38cm flat-topped handlebars).

~ Sarah Kay

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

I only wear gloves when its cold or during a true bike race in case of a crash.  If you start riding without them, your hands will toughen up and you won't need them.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

I remember reading an article a few years ago, the MIT cycling team tested lots of different things in a wind tunnel.  They found that not wearing gloves was more beneficial than an aero helmut.  Since then I haven't worn gloves in a race.

Gluing your number to your jersey had the greatest effect.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, I think my butt probably causes more drag than anything. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Not to hijack this thread, but what do u vets do about HRM during tri's, wear them during the swim? Or take time during transition to put them on.
                    ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I wear mine, gives no data during the swim,( couldn't read it if I wanted to) but it doesn't hurt my monitor and saves time in t1

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                      Ride 112 miles.
                      Run 26.2 miles.
                      Then brag for the rest of your life.
                      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Cool, I guess ill have to try it under the wetsuit during an open water swim. I did 2 sprints last year so didn't wear one, but wanted to wear one during the longer ones I have planned for this year.