Swim Bike Run

delayed kona coverage on NBC (Read 264 times)

NBC is airing a two hour ironman world championship special this Saturday:

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/12/news/ironman-world-championship-to-air-dec-18-on-nbc_17429

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

NBC is airing a two hour ironman world championship special this Saturday:

http://triathlon.competitor.com/2010/12/news/ironman-world-championship-to-air-dec-18-on-nbc_17429

I think its 90 minutes, but I could be wrong.  I am looking forward to it.  The men's race went right down to the wire.  Macca apparently shook hands with Realert around mile 23 on the run, then they battled it out with Macca pulling away at like mile 25 or something. 

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

It is 2 hours.  Last year it was 1 hour.  1-3 p.m. PCT.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Still have last years saved on my dvr and have my dvr set for tmrw. Can't wait, need to figure out how to transfer that to my computer or dvd.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for chance sighting of AG extraordinar  #911

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

protoplasm72

Good coverage this year.  Watching the underwater video from the swim makes me feel real good about my swimming Wink

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Good coverage this year.  Watching the underwater video from the swim makes me feel real good about my swimming Wink

I thought that was one of the best parts of the show, I wish they showed more of it. I'd also like to know how some of the people they spotlight actually secured their slot at the race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

protoplasm72

They actually showed a lot more swimming then usual.  Andy Potts actually got mentioned this year.  I think he's been the first out of the water the past few years and they never mention him.  

The people with back story features are all media slots.  You email NBC with your story and if it is interesting enough they put you in.  You can tell they are media spots because their race numbers are just after the pros and not relative to their qualifying times.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

I thought this was great. I could have done without a couple of the human interest stories, but most of them were pretty good. I also liked the underwater coverage-it solidified what I already knew, which is that I definitely need stroke lessons. I'm going to take a month of them when I really begin tri season after my May 1 HM. I also loved seeing ads targeted towards triathletes.

I was totally blown away when I saw an ad for the Buffalo Triathlon (Buffalo MN) about one hour into the show. I'm sure it was just a regional ad, but still crazy to see a smallish local triathlon that my wife has competed in during the Kona broadcast.

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life