Swim Bike Run

Race week...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (Read 378 times)

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Finally here.  First Ironman in 18 months.  Feeling good, although sort of freaking out with anxiety.  Major butterflies.

6/27/2010.  Ironman Coeur d' Alene (Coeur d' Alene, Idaho).  Goal - finish w/ a time under 9:45:00, qualify for World Championship in Kona and BQ during the marathon.

Break down goal splits - Swim (2.4 miles) - 1:04:00.  Bike (112 miles) - 5:13:00.  Run - 3:12-3:15.  That adds up to a 9:35:00, which would be the finish time on a perfect day (perfect = good weather, no mechanical problems on the bike, good nutrition throughout the day).

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Slo

Hey T-Bone

Good to have you around.....Damn nice training log. You don't need me telling you that your going to do fine.....Top of the ranks.....your training like a pro.  It's guys like you that give me anxiety............

I wish I had the experience of an Ironman distance...........<<sigh>>

You've done the training...now it's time to manage the race. Don't fret the weather, you can't controll it.

Embrace the suck......Drive on.......Trust your training.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...BQ during an IM?! *faints*  I can't wait to hear how it goes.  Best of luck, fleet feet, and all that. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yup, I'll be waiting for the race report. I'll most likely check out the results long before I read them here though. I'd like to finish a Oly bike with a 21.5 mph average.

Good luck and have a great race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Good luck T-Bone, can't wait to hear how it goes. And I think I have said this before but it is worth saying again, your log is awesome. Have a great race.
            ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

6/27/2010.  Ironman Coeur d' Alene (Coeur d' Alene, Idaho).  Goal - finish w/ a time under 9:45:00, qualify for World Championship in Kona and BQ during the marathon.

Holy Cr@p T-bone, awesome goals we'll be rooting for you!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Oh Mighty Wing

DDDUUUUUDDDDEEEEE!!!!!!!!
                  Any news? Could probably check the site but I'm to lazy for that.
                    He finished 6th in his age group and missed 5th by 25 seconds. 54th overall out of 2262.  Awesome, just awesome.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow!  T-Bone, that is awesome!  So, BQ?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Good news and bad news. The good news is I finished 54th overall (35th amateur) and qualified for the Ironman World Championships in Kona (October 9, 2010). The bad news is that I was far-off my goal time. My goal time was 9:35:00 and I ended up with 9:56:27.

Swim split was a 1:08:25. The bike split was a 5:14:25 and my run split was 3:27:25 (no BQ). Although it wasn't a perfect race, I am glad I was able to persevere.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

..... qualified for the Ironman World Championships in Kona (October 9, 2010)....

Very, very impressive. It looks like you'll have another shot at your goals!

Awesome
                            Slo

T-Bone

I had no doubts that you would qualify.

54th overall........you must be stoked ! It's tough to put that specfic of a time goal on a race of that distance. A few degrees in the temp, a wind speed thats just a little more.....and so many other factors.

Well Done......Awesome training cycle.