Swim Bike Run

So...I got a bike! (Read 445 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Orange saddle

OMG, it even has a K on it!   Heh.  As far as shoes/pedals go, I figure I will give the SPDs a go, then if I end up unsatisfied with that option I'll probably look at something like Speedplays with road shoes.  I have used SPDs and did OK with them...until I asked my DH to tighten them just a hair and "a hair" = coming to a complete stop and falling over when I couldn't get either foot out of the pedals. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Gotta TRI

Congrats Zoomie! You are one wetsuit away from the illustrious sport of Triathlon!
      2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
      T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

That is very exciting!

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack...ETA is about another 2 weeks.  That puts us solidly into snow season around here.  Pray for a warmer-than-usual Nov. in West MI... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Snow season or not......I'd have that lady out on the road.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Snow season or not......I'd have that lady out on the road.

Oh, I definitely will.  As long as there isn't much accumulation or ice I can always bundle-up against cold.  I may need to get some of those wacky lobster-claw gloves, though.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, I got my bike!  The shop owner worked some magic to get it a bit faster.  We had ordered it with a compact crank, but he was able to get a triple.  We'll have him swap for the compact when he can get his hands on one.  We don't have nearly enough hills around here to justify the triple.  Still waiting on the orange bar tape, too.

Today we took it for a VERY easy spin so that I could adjust to the bike, the shifting, and not overdo it 2 days out from a trail race.  Did just shy of 11 miles at under 12mph...pokey!  The shifting is going to take a little bit of learning...I'm used to grip shifters on a mountain bike.

Apparently Sidi has changed US distributors, so the shop finally got a new shipment in today, so this weekend we will go work on shoes and putting my SPD pedals on.  Today it was a good idea to use toe-clips, anyhow.  Better to get used to one new thing at a time (I've used SPDs, but it was years ago and only for a handful of rides before I got knocked-up and didn't ride a bike for many years).

Saddle feels pretty decent...my butt hurts some, but that is to be expected.  I never could get comfy in the saddle of my clunker mountain bike, but I think that was due more to having a bike that was almost certainly a size or two too big and forcing me to reach too far and put pressure on sensitive areas.

Here's hoping for a "warm" and short Winter here in West MI! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Gotta TRI

Congratulations Zoomie! Wishing you and ...Oberon? many many happy miles together!
                  2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                  Slo

The weather's been great for bike riding here !

Saddle up ! Ride ride hard and long !

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys!  Oh, man, I would LOVE to be out today, but we have too much going on and I just got back from a trail race.  The trick now is finding time that DH and I can go out and not have to find someone to watch DS.  I'm not quite ready to go out on my own until I know how to do basic repairs, fix flats, change tires, etc.  I'll probably stick to riding with DH until Spring.

~ Sarah Kay