Swim Bike Run

Tri to Win Indoor Triathlon Race Report (Read 125 times)

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I got in a 5 mile easy run with my running club, then nine of us (including DW and DS) drove north an hour to participate in the Tri to Help Indoor Triathlon. The event worked as a 10 minute swim (a volunteer counted your laps), 30 minutes on a spin bike (resistance equally set) and a 20 minute treadmill run (incline at 1) Whoever went the farthest wins! Still waiting on official results, but within our group of nine, I unofficially placed second (we tied in the swim, I won the bike, but he won the run). Since the difference are worked out in ratios, my .5 mile edge in the bike was not enough to overcome his .3 mile edge on the run. We all had a great time!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
    My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
    Ride 112 miles.
    Run 26.2 miles.
    Then brag for the rest of your life.
    -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Those fixed-time, run-till-you-puke tris scare me. Good job, T-K!
        Kevin- Are the final results out yet? Where did you finish up? Congrats on a strong effort!
        http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
        ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Yes the results are now in, I came in 5th out of 41 men. I was a scant 2.46 points behind my friend. a very close race. The rest of our club did very well, especially the women, we took 1st, 3rd and 4th there!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

The voice of mile 18

wow that was close! great job!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy