Swim Bike Run

Using a Garmin 305 with Trainer (Read 160 times)

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

I am having a problem with using my garmin on my new trainer. The new trainer is a magnetic and old one was fluid. Displays cadance but not distance in fact it does negative mileage seems the harder I bike the more negative the number. The display unit on the trainer lists mileage. Watts and alot of other stuff but I liked the lazy just connect up garin to load the log. Does any one else use the 305 and a trainer?

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My guess is that the magnet on your rear wheel is not perfectly aligned with the little arm on the Garmin.  There is a nearly invisible line that the magnet needs to align with...same with the pedal.  Both magnets need to align perfectly for both #s to show.  I found this out the hard way.  My wheel magnet got bumped this Summer and I never noticed, since the GPS was showing me the distance.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I'm bummed because my pedal is far enough from the unit that I can't seem to get cadence. But at least can get distance. 

TRUST THE PROCESS