Swim Bike Run

First Bike Ride (Read 270 times)

Bugs

I bought a road bike and went on first ride. This is going to sound depressing, but I laugh at myself, because I might just be too stupid to be a biker.

MN needs to work on their trails. (I kind of regret not buying a road bike and I can see why those who bike have multiple kinds) I don't have the guts to bike on roads.

I hadn't taken the plastic off the bars yet, I don't want to get it dirty. Turns out that gets a little slippery. (Easy fix... take plastic wrapper off of bike..go ahead & laugh, my DH did) Adding biking gloves to the need list, I get it now...

I went 8 miles and my woo-woo feeling it. Suck it up...wear the damn bike shorts.

I couldn't find my sunglasses, bugs almost took me out. Seriously this was bad, I'm considering buying wrap-around ones..

A foot flew off the pedal a few times. Starting to understand clips, not ready for them. But my running shoes don't seem to fit in the cages. Let me guess special shoes needed?

My right side of my leg was bleeding. Sad

I struggle with the damn bike rack. Broke the velcro deal on the little air pump that I have no idea how to use. Can I buy a new one (cause would like to do that before my DH notices)?

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Air pump...I have a little thingy that uses C02 cartridges...very small, fits in a bag under the back of my saddle.  What kind of bike rack do you have?

Definitely look at clipless pedals and shoes.  They will be so much comfier for longer rides and allow you to use your legs through the entire revolution of the pedals, not just the downward stroke.

Gloves...yep.  They are worth it, as are the shades.  And shorts, definitely.  And do NOT wear undies with them.  The point is to have no seams in delicate areas.  I like using Chamois Butt'r, too, though some people are happy without any sort of chamois lube.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

This is a pump that you pump, very difficult, not for filling the tires before you ride.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is a pump that you pump, very difficult, not for filling the tires before you ride.

Toss it.  Seriously.  C02 cartridges are the way to go.  They take up a ton less space on the bike, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Toss it.  Seriously.  C02 cartridges are the way to go.  They take up a ton less space on the bike, too.

+1

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life