Swim Bike Run

SheRox Philly (Read 508 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I just registered for my first sprint triathlon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! August 1st HERE I COME!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome!  I can't wait to follow your training. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

training??? crap, I have to train for this????
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin  I really like this book...I used the advanced du plan geared for runners training for a duathlon...but I increased the mileage as I was training for a 25k a few weeks after my du.

~ Sarah Kay

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks!!! I'll check it out!!!

Honestly, right now my plan is to spend my summer running, biking, and swimming my butt off... since I'll have all day every day... hhhhmmmm....

Congrats and have a great time.  I have really gotten hooked on the tris. 

I would definitely say get a plan to follow, check out beginnertriathlete.com for some free training plans

Ginny 'Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there' Will Rogers

The voice of mile 18

Very cool! besides BT.com check trinewbies.com they have some plans as well.  doesn't sherox provide a mentor as well?  also if you are in the philly area check out the local tri clubs T3, philadephia triathlon club and high road cycles they have lots of cool folks and they hve lots of good info and motivation.  have fun and kick  butt!

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks all!!

there is a tri club out here in West Chester I want to look into - if I can remember the name... i see the women at local 5k races and such...

I need to get on it... I'm slacking and starting to get pissed off... i'm gonna sit down tonight and map out a plan... hold myself accountable instead of telling myself i can do it later... we all know later never comes...

oh and if you want to deliver a good swift kick to my rear end... that would be ok too!

MTA: I did a 14/3.1 brick. it went well. I had some cramping. Wanted longer, but only slept 3 hours last night... was so excited about my workout I guess my insomnia kicked in! go figure!

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

MTA: I did a 14/3.1 brick. it went well. I had some cramping. Wanted longer, but only slept 3 hours last night... was so excited about my workout I guess my insomnia kicked in! go figure!

Great job.  Nothing magical will happen on race day.  Doing these types of workouts will let you know what to expect on race day.  Note you effort and the pace on the bike and run and make your race goals based off of that.

I'm not sure what the weather is like where you live, but cramping is probably a dehydration or salt issue.  Make sure you go into your race and you workout well hydrated and the cramping should die down.  Best of luck.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Oh Mighty Wing

thanks!!! I don't even know what my race goals are haha but I was happy with my times today - i'd call it easy.

I agree on the dehydration - actually I chalked it up to lack of sleep.

on a side note - I just rode to the store - yeah... it was only a mile, but damn that was stupid!!! haha

MTA: if I can keep some training consistency I imagine I'll do just fine!

jdazzle

Congrats on signing up!  I just completed my first tri last week (philly tri, sprint distance), and all of the nervousness that i had leading up to it was unnecessary!  It was a hard race, but a ton of fun!  I've got the NJ State later in July, and I'm going to sign up for another in Jersey for the end of August.  www.dqtridu.com has some low cost, small field events in the area (assuming you're in the Philly area, that is...) that I'm looking into.  Good luck!

Oh Mighty Wing

so it was a 600m swim, 15.8 mi ride, 3.1 mi run...

1:39:58!!!! 20/132 in AG and 128/998 OA!!!

Swim 00:14:06
                          Trans1 00:01:41
                          Bike 00:55:28
                          Trans2 00:01:46
                          Run 00:26:55

I got 3 hours of sleep. 8 total the last 2 night... and I have not worked out in the last 2 weeks... So that being said, i'm ending my season on this high note. Let myself recoup (as I think i've extended my credit way past it's limit) and then get myself ready for the spring season...

I LOVED IT!!!!!

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

Sweet!  Wondering about the sleep thing. Maybe you're not drinking enough (alcohol).

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Oh Mighty Wing

Sweet!  Wondering about the sleep thing. Maybe you're not drinking enough (alcohol).

haha

friday's late night was due to a birthday party... yup alcohol helped...

saturday was hanging out with a friend... a glass or 2 of wine might have made an appearance...

I was feeling undertrained so i figured "doing everything right" the couple of nights before wouldn't really make a difference! haha

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

so it was a 600m swim, 15.8 mi ride, 3.1 mi run...

1:39:58!!!! 20/132 in AG and 128/998 OA!!!

Whoa, not too shabby!!  VERY nice. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay