Swim Bike Run

Kona Race Report (Read 193 times)

T-Bone

Puttin' on the foil

http://troyyoungnelson.blogspot.com/2010/10/kona-race-report.html

P.S. - Please note that I am not so crazy as to think anyone cares, but I have a sponsor that requires a blog.  Blame it on the man.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Danny. The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Really enjoyed the race report. Nice race, congratulations!

Incredible job Troy! It would be an accomplishment to me just to tread water for 30 minutes, crowded in like that!  With all the things that can go wrong and all the factors that go into a race like that, I'm amazed not only at your time, but at how closely you hit your goals.  It was fun tracking you.   Congratulations, and hopefully you got to enjoy plenty of well deserved liquid Aloha! 

Incredible job Troy! It would be an accomplishment to me just to tread water for 30 minutes

I'm pretty sure I'd have to be rescued if I had to tread water that long.

Nice report Troy and great race.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Well done!

protoplasm72

Awesome job.  I'd be happy if I could run a stand alone marathon that fast.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Great report T-Bone, had fun tracking you and watching the Pro's on the computer that afternoon. Hope your recovering well.